Page 2 of 42

Page 1
Page   of 42
Page 3 Page 42

faree

IF-Dazzler

faree

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
bang on post n the way u describe each n everything with reference of QURAN and SUNNAH simply amazing really want to appreciate ur efforts n agree with u totally  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ShweetiehukshilaFreshDaisySiddhi_.FlawlessSarun.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Muslim Social Drama ?????????? (Page 2)" in meme4u.com forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Captain_Pari

Goldie

Captain_Pari

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 10:25am | IP Logged
*Bows to you Kiran for such an awesome post!!!!*

I hope we can get others to join us and for 4Lions to give us the disclaimer..!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

FreshDaisy-WhatThe-Siddhi_.FlawlessSarun.

.Saraa.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Saraa.

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 10:25am | IP Logged
It's one awesome post and much needed one,, I don't watch that show.. And no intention of watching it any time.
Even when ipk was on air before all the mess ,when I read that 4 lions are coming with a new show on Muslim background,, I knew it then that it would b totally sham and not worth to watch.. All drama on name of Islam .and as per u stated some of its prominent points,, it's totally against Islam and all.. They really need to differentiate between the drama and Islam.with a disclaimer as per u mentioned .. And what's shown is nowhere close to Islam.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hukshilaFreshDaisy-WhatThe-Siddhi_.FlawlessSarun.

.FlawlessSarun.

IF-Addictz

.FlawlessSarun.

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Edited my comment on page 1 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hukshila

vamps1996

vamps1996

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 10:39am | IP Logged
its definitely rite and i support u in this regard i dnt watch it bt stil wht things uve pointed r wrong and they should be sttoped and the rest i dnt know so i wont talk about that

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hukshilaFreshDaisySiddhi_.FlawlessSarun.

..mrinalini..

IF-Rockerz

..mrinalini..

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Hindu or Muslim..Burying a girl alive,slapping wife just because you're an angry young man  probably are the most nauseating stuffs I have ever come across even in the regressive arena of Indian TV Industry!!

And since these shows somehow affects the societal perceptions..I absolutely detest the way the Gul Khan,herself a successful MUSLIM woman patronizes such disgusting and ghastly ideas!!

Edited by droopy-asleep - 27 February 2013 at 10:55pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanaya.BarunMaaneetDeewangilazylad8-FauZiIPK007hukshilaFreshDaisyBerryBlush07-WhatThe-Siddhi_.FlawlessSarun.

SreeASRfan

IF-Rockerz

SreeASRfan

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Excellent and an insightful post---thank you!! and i got to learn new things as well!
I have a couple of Muslim friends too and with the passage of episodes some of them told me about their discomfort. the reason why i disliked QH was this portrayal...Zoya being buried alive, a girl being married off without her consent, Humaira pressurized to the extent that she cut her veins, her own mother plotting so that she ends up on ayaan's bed...these all put me off! As it is, all these rhapsodize violence against womenPinch
and i am not a person to bash a show i don't really follow ...also some parts of it could have been passed as creative liberties had the PH not repeatedly advertized QH as "a show which will show Islam in a new light" or something to that effect, even before its commencement! It is wrong to drag religious sentiments and portray them in a wrong manner for entertainment especially when TV is hugely influential and common people like us are bound to get a false impression!
i am not saying that there are no social evils...every community has its own set of problems. but when the show is advertised as something which will change perception, they ought to be responsible!

TBH they did not have such a wrong regressive approach in IPK excluding dadi! however here, they have advertised it as a "myth breaker" but have got the portrayal wrong most of the times! 
Gul Khan failed in showcasing the beauty of her own culture!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanaya.Barun..mrinalini..hukshilaFreshDaisyzan101-WhatThe-Siddhi_.FlawlessSarun.

NiasFanYR

NiasFanYR

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Don't you think you guys are taking this a little too seriously? I'm not a muslim but watching QH I never associated the things they show in the epis to the religion... Rather, I thought they depicted how bad people behave when they're doing wrong things as if they are above God really well. Like Rasiah who does one wrong thing after another and Rashid's parting shot at her last week saying "Allah is watching..." or something like that. Not even being a Muslim I thought that was poignant because he finally worked up the courage to tell her that she's not a demi God for her to decide who lives, who dies, who marries whom and who does what... She hides all her evilness very cleverly but how will she hide herself and her acts from Him? Strong message! I thought about this after reading your post and I think Zoya saying "Allah mian" for everything also shows that she's a typical NRI who may not understand what they shouldn't do or how not to use God's name but she's strong in her faith in him as if she's having a personal conversation with God when she wants to express herself... she has no parents, no one she's close to so she takes God's name when she expresses herself. I dunno it felt like that... Smile Sometimes we need to take shows at face value and not read too much into it... It's just a show and what happens on the show doesn't make a difference to the religion or to devout muslims.. Smile  Ek show se kya ho jatha??? My hindi is bohot kharab so excuse me if that line came out wrong... Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteTommy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top