Muslim Social Drama ?????????? - Page 30

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by hukshila

i m not much active on the forum that's y many pages are left to reply here

I m not taking your comments as hurting our religious sentiments. Let me tell you my dear that many are taking it wrong due to this show, you can please check and verify the comments of some members in some previous pages.

Actually we are not even taking it in any way, neither funny or the serious one. They made us protest by showing what they are showing now. the show even started with a forced marriage and they repeated the same several times. its not us who are mixing up religion & culture, you can please check the qabool hai forum where inspite of mods efforts always some thing going on. even shifali made posts religion vs culture, and separate posts dealing with only religious questions. i didn't find such threads on any other forum (just 2 - 5 i have checked till now).

regarding saudia, its for women protection. traveling alone is definitely a risk and have many bad after effects too such as boys teasing or rape cases, they may be avoided if traveling with some guardian i.e. father, brother or husband etc.

U might be intelligent enough not to mix up different factors but not all audience. so we are just demanding to add a disclaimer that its not a Muslim social drama and has to do nothing with islam either.  when they didn't advertise their previous shows on the name of religion (i.e. geet sikh social drama or ipkknd as hindu social drama) then y this one.

This post is not to create a mess but with a simple demand. thank you for understanding our points.

Yes, because I am not an Indian Muslim...but last year when I See one show like QH show I thought that all Indian Muslims did not respect the Islam and they do not apply the correct Islam..So If I am Muslim and thought like this so Non-Muslims will get wrong image about Islam..
I felt that all Indians are stupids..and I hated them..So now I can see that is only the problem of the show not people or Indian Muslims..
Edited by Ahlem - 11 years ago
Originally posted by InvisibleSmile

Thank you for this post. You have with much clarity outlined all the misgivings this show is setting upon Islam. From the first episode, I completely abhorred the way they were portraying this show as a ''muslim social drama'', when it is clearly not. Zoya irked me so much with her stupid tagline!   TBH, I was excited for this show but I also had some reservations towards it. Of course, they were proven true as the show continued to air. The makers, who are themselves ''muslim'' are putting across the false pretenses just to portray their inclination and acceptance for another religion. There is no portrayal of the actual culture/religion within this show, it's all about money and trps. For once get your facts straight!  Whoever is supplying them information about Islam, is doing a very rotten job of it. I am really glad the TM made this post.

And, also those who are ignoring the message and focusing on the show as a show... you are completely paying into the hands of the makers by becoming a stereotype of the gullible consumer they want. When in fact, it is our responsibility as an educated audience to keep a check on the creative media. We should look beyond the apparent, and understand how such shows simply reinforce a stereotyped belief of Islam, instead of portraying the true beauty of it.

- S

I am totally agree with you.. 
i think "muslim social drama" is to show what is happening in society and not preaching islam!    i know ALL of it is wrong, that you mentioned but in reality this does happen (except razia putting her daughter in a guys bed-- i still can't fathom a mother doing that to her own kid) 

@.FlawlessSarun., if you make a fanfic with a proper muslim story, i would totally read that!!
thanku for such a wonderful & enlightening post! :)
PH shud be careful wen portraying islam ..if not just let it be, DO NOT promote it as "muslim drama" while giving a wrong message to the viewers!
well done sis

very good post

agree with each and every point
Posted: 10 years ago
awesome post 👏...truly agree with this post...
Every word you said was correct and thanks for backing it up!!

Has this matter been sorted now?
Just saw this now! Thanks this is much appreciated.

So I wasn't wrong in thinking this was touted a  Muslim social drama in the beginning. And I guess now it's become a romantic dramedy? I read in the QH forum that Gul said that the show has little to do with Islam. So why was it even promoted as a Muslim social drama in the beginning I wonder? 
THANKS for this  post 
i agree with this post totally but do,t take this wrong that we are blaming all  people of india  or something like that we are just want that cvs remove this misconception that they are  showing in this drama its against our values and traditions specially its really a big sin to say to allah 
whats wrong with you .
nauzubillah toba toba it hurts every muslim when she says that 
and  we are all friends so take it positive please do,t take it wrong or annoyed on it
its only our point of view and request to production of drama not for members