Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-purnima-

IF-Sizzlerz

-purnima-

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:16am | IP Logged

'Small screen actors have a greater reach'

Ram Kapoor talks about finding his way through both mediums.

Ram Kapoor says it's not tough for small screen actors to find work on the silver screen. "I have been approached for several roles and it is because the reach of small screen is far more than the silver screen. I am getting work on the basis of my talent. I do agree that at times working continuously on television we get over exposed but the other added perks help us a lot. Karan Johar told me while casting in his film 'Student of The Year' 'your reach is very enormous, you are a known face all over the globe as you go to the bedroom of every single person. And so, I want to cast you in my film'. As far as I am concerned, I feel I am an actor and work on the small as well as the big screen for me will be in accordance to my character given to me. I am happy to be the part of a much greater film. I love my work, both on TV as well as in films. The approach on both the mediums is different. Television work is more and has to be completed fast. Wherein, in films we work in a relaxed manner. The process differs but working in both the mediums it is challenging."

Talking about KBC he says, "The power of television that has grown over the years will beat the reach of cinema. Amitabh Bachchan's reach has definitely doubled. The gap is slowly and gradually becoming lesser. Ten years ago television had taken its baby step and this stepping stone has proved very beneficial in today's times. It is still growing. The entire country connects with television artistes. A time will come when television will attract the highest audience."

"I identify with the character in 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti', a lot because during my youth I too robbed my father's Maruti 800 and made it a point to get that car for myself only."

He adds, "Given a choice, I will try to strike a balance between working in both mediums. I am an actor and for me acting is my priority. After enjoying a long stint in 'Kasam Se', I chose to work in 'Udaan'. I am very happy with the way things are going with me. I will never leave television. My goal is not to become a hero. In fact performing characters in films like 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects', 'Santa Banta' and Farhan Akhtar's film has helped me get more and more roles. Every character is important in a film there is no role as a hero's role. It is an important character."

He adds, "I have played different roles in various films. Having played a shrewd father in 'SOTY' I will do an amicable parent's role in 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti'. It could be a Ferrari or a Scorpio also. But Maruti has a typical connect with the Indians and the intriguing tale will be liked by the audiences."

Talking about how he entered the performing arts he says, "In Sherwood, I started performing plays on stage. Thereafter, people stared encouraging me saying you enact very well and thereafter I took on to acting."

Ram Kapoor is shocked to note that women find him sexy… he smiles and adds, "It is shocking that girls and women find a fat man sexy. From where am I sexy?" He questions.

Talking about his wife Gautami, he says, "She has no problems with me. Belonging to the same field she is aware of our working hours. This Valentine's Day, I knew I was shooting, hence, I treated my family a day before. Also, it was our marriage anniversary."

Ram is happy to have created history on the idiot box for the smooch as well as bedroom sequences canned with Shakshi Tanwar and him in 'Bade Achche Lagte Hain'. "No one can take away that privilege from me. There were some media controversies. I was very clear about it. All the controversial queries have to be directed to the producers. I have just done my job as an actor. Showing a matured love story on the small screen, we did our jobs on par with the scripts. I am not sceptical about it. On the contrary, I am happy for having begun matured love story sequences on television shows."

Talking about leaving 'BALH', Ram says, "While I was not talking to the media owing to my busy schedule news was printed about my leaving the show. Such stories have just been planted. Let me assure you that until 'Bade Achche Lagte Hain', is on air, I shall be in it."

Lipika Varma

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uTrieshRamdeewaniAurna_STAnnthewsimlavidhi_CandyCream_sahana747bpatil3123fizaiLuvRamKapoorjineejiggsleena04

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Small Screen actors have greater reach-Ram Kapoor" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iLuvRamKapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

iLuvRamKapoor

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:21am | IP Logged
gosh he looks dashing in dat pic n tfs loved reading his interview

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ramdeewani-purnima-jineejiggs

--RaYa--

--RaYa--

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing. 

Someone tell the writer of the article it's SAKSHI not "Shakshi"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Trieshshavii

Ramdeewani

IF-Dazzler

Ramdeewani

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:40am | IP Logged
tfs y dont they move on from 12th mar scene??

dayabhi

IF-Dazzler

dayabhi

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Nice interview...
BT media pls get over 12th March... It's gonna be a year now..
Thanks for sharing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-purnima-

123fiza

IF-Sizzlerz

123fiza

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:14am | IP Logged
tfsSmile

simlavidhi

IF-Dazzler

simlavidhi

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged