TOI:Not "Thin"spired enough!

Posted: 11 years ago

A recent survey reveals that women find their 'healthy' peers as a potential threat. We delve deeper into the matter

Losing weight has always topped the list for the urban Indian woman. But now things are taking a 'U' turn. According to a recent Spanish study, thin women find their 'healthy' peers as a potential threat to their image. Researchers from the University of Granada's department of personality, evaluation and psychological treatment, found out that thin women feel embarrassed and uneasy when they see themselves in a picture or video, especially when they look up to the professional models.

Beauties like Freida Pinto, Anushka Sharma, Evelyn Sharma, Ratan Rajput, Pratyusha Banerjee, Debolina Bhattacharjee, Rucha Gujarati, Tina Dutta, Sanaya Irani, Krystal D'souza, Nia Sharma, Shonal Rawat, Alicia Raut, et al all make for envious figures.

So what actually matters? Akshi Patel, a guest relationship executive says, "It's not about fitting in all kinds of clothes, but about the overall look. If you are healthy everything around you feels positive and happy." She adds, "I work in the retail client sector and for that it's important for me to be in the right frame of body and mind. I am 45 kgs and I feel I should put on weight. I am also constantly pressurised by my family and friends to put on few kilos."

Researchers co-led by Blanca Ortega-Roldan Oliva, who performed four experimental study with 671 university students, concluded that men and women preferred females with a normal weight. "Men and women found females having normal weight both pleasing and stimulating," said Olivia.

Fitness trainers insist that like losing weight, adding few kilos is also a gradual process. Kunal Sharma, personal fitness trainer says, "Losing too much weight affects one's heart, disturbs hormonal system and reduces the stamina. A balanced diet with regular exercise, proper intake of water and sufficient sleep is the secret."

TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee feels that one needs to be comfortable with one's body. "I don't want to lose or add any more weight. Extremely thin or fat is always a problem '" it doesn't work in any case."
TV actress Ratan Rajput is happy about being what she's. "It's a fine to be thin if you are working in the television industry. Skinny girls feel more comfortable while facing the camera as it adds extra (read five) kilos. I am happy the way I am though some people feel I should gain a little more weight."

Model Alicia Raut says, "I have been always slim. People do comment about my weight. It did affect me initially, but not anymore. I religiously hit the gym to maintain myself." She adds, "For me, the inner beauty matters and not the outer appearance. A girl can be on the heavier side and yet be healthy '" so each to her own '" it's important to know the border line."

But men will be men. "I don't like skinny girls. Being a Punjabi it comes naturally to me '" I prefer girls who are on a healthier side," says actor Karan Kundra.

Even as women make a beeline at gyms for that perfect figure, in the end it's health that wins.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-02-23/fitness/37242819_1_weight-tv-actress-thin-women
i agree with King K (its totally my personal opinion guys)

thx shibzy for sharing this article
Karan ditto to that ;)
Shibz thanx for sharing!!
I so agree with kundra ji...i like girls like kittu..lil healthy n curvy
Yah I too agree with kundra saab:-):-)
I swear, it feels damn good to see so many updates and posts!

May the forum stay this way forever <3 <3

TFS Darling! :)
karan will be karan πŸ˜† ofcourse he likes curvy girls
110 % agree with Karan
Hahaha remember one dialogue from Namaste London " kitni sukhi hegiii kudi bachheee kese hoge " rofl
Bruaaa totally punjabi
Khayo piyo aeshhh Karo mitro
im so happy im not skinny β˜ΊοΈ πŸ˜†
Yes.. yes.. Mr. Kundra... we clearly understood 'ur naino ki bhasha'πŸ˜‰..so need to explain further..πŸ˜†πŸ˜› ..Bdw i m nt skinny too.. u never know if i get lucky in future..πŸ˜†