Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 10:21am | IP Logged
another topic close to my heart. How i wish all of us could do something to fix this enormous problem of our dear country.

so i get to hear this a lot and happens to be the only representative of my country "oh so you are so many" and  then "what is wrong with you guys".. nothing i guessConfused? (hate my job.. but thats for another post)

obviously i try to fight back and give examples from the past when their countries had same problem and they tried colonisation and crap.

Coming back to the problem, so what do you think
-is the root cause? is it still a few states who are largely resposible than all? why?
is it still desire to have a male child and poverty?
is it illegal immigration from the porous borders of Nepal, Bangladesh etc?
do indians love sex too much.. Times had india on the #1 where sex is done in the shortest time.. 13 minutes to be precise.?

may be little bit of everything?
There are too many other problems as well.. but this one seems worst of all to me and if this is fixed, many others will be fixed by itself..
if population is not controlled soon.. is nt it going to be worst(if it isn't already) place to live for future generations?
what can you and I do to do our bit if there is a possibility to do anything at all?

i can see some cheeky replies like "you dont contribute to it" etc.. LOL.. but thats not what i expect.. propose some real and doable remedies! Wink..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LazyOliveVintage.WineForever-KA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "human population- overpopulation" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
It's a bit of a red herring because there are in fact enough resources in India (and in the world) for everyone to live a decent life, with some standards of health, education and economic access. The problem isn't that there are so many of us, but rather than wealth is so concentrated rather than redistributed in fair and equitable ways. Those who have wealth have the power to influence political processes and ensure that all political outcomes favour their hoarding. Just look at the Koch brothers in the U.S.

Many people believe that "population control" arguments actually distract from the root causes of poverty and injustice, which is more related to systemic inequalities that continue to become entrenched. In India, the state has tried to use it to decide who will and won't have babies, for example, (forced sterilization), rather than promoting social welfare programs and a system of governance that can meaningfully address inequality.

Edited by --arti-- - 24 February 2013 at 3:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Wine

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Check this out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15449959

I think this article sort of provides a general overview and some of the complexity of this debate.

Meanwhile, Paul Ehrlich has also amended his view of the issue.

If he were to write his book today, "I wouldn't focus on the poverty-stricken masses", he told the BBC.

"I would focus on there being too many rich people. It's crystal clear that we can't support seven billion people in the style of the wealthier Americans."

Also: it sounds like your co-workers are pretty ignorant. Sorry, but if their question to you is "what is wrong with you guys," it's pretty clear they are not really asking for your opinion, but are more interested in advancing their narrow, racist ideas.

Edited by --arti-- - 24 February 2013 at 3:23pm

LovelyPlanet

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged

How can we try and plan other people's families like that when we don't have our own to plan ?..Hahaha... LOL ..Unless we decide to become evil and crush a few million tonnes of pills of some kind ( each day ) and slyly add that to all water reservoirs ?..That should work until the women stop drinking water ...Tongue

On a serious note : It doesn't surprise me if a 5000 year old nation is more populated than the ones that are only a few hundred or may be a 1000 year old ...I ain't saying the problem ain't real ..Cause I know it is..and it needs to be addressed...I wonder if something like stopping all social benefits if people go for the second child might help ?

And then there are nations who need more people, Human resources you know..LOL..How about we helping such nations out a bit? Adding a few brainy ones that quite a few of us might wanna produce in the future? LOL <<Just kidding ...LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

LovelyPlanet

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

We all know that poor countries increase population, richer countries decrease population,behind this there is some fundamental logic is there..poor countries dont have any entertainment other than sex,richer countries have lots of other entertainments there,so sex become secondry option for them..and secondly developed countries women are more liberated,educated and have lots of freedom., To control the population either drop the birthrate or raise the death rate... to bring an unnecessary child(3+ kids) into the world is far more a crime than killing a person... It is not a question of democracy, it is a question of survival...govt should bring some strong law in india to controll the overpopulation.

Edited by Prometeus - 24 February 2013 at 10:27pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LazyOliveLovelyPlanet

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Baazigar.

((We all know that poor countries increase population, richer countries decrease population,behind this there is some fundamental logic is there..poor countries dont have any entertainment other than sex,richer countries have lots of other entertainments there,so sex become secondry option for them..))

It will be better if we argue on the basis of facts or else we will blame sex, neighbor country etc. :) Common we have less entertainment is a flawed logic , 1000 serials , nearly 800 news channel, 365 day cricket, movie industry in almost all south indian states and Bollywood . Only IDEA 3g will solve the problem .Have you any fact that in developed country people have less sexual life? than do the repeated sex only leads to child birth ? sex leads to population or unsafe sex  or unplanned leads to population?

In my view the major factor of high population is cultural , religious, literacy, awareness ,and economic factor.

I just mention one of the root cause of population, thats poverty...,now we can say india is one of the fast developing nations n the world...nw situation changing...but if we check 30/40 years before, how many TV channels shows serials in india,how many have their own TV,Radio,Cars n other music system at their homes...!?! there is no 3g,FB or twitter, no other fun things there to kill their time...all poking games happen at home only...population not happend in one day thats why I mention poor countries increase population.Smile

Edited by Prometeus - 25 February 2013 at 5:34am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged

((I just mention one of the root cause of population, thats poverty...,now we can say india is one of the fast developing nations n the world...nw situation changing...but if we check 30/40 years before, how many TV channels shows serials in india,how many have their own TV,Radio,Cars n other music system at their homes...!?! there is no 3g,FB or twitter,no other fun things there to kill their time...all poking games happen at home only...population not happend in one day thats why I mention poor countries increase population))

As per socrates We should question everything :)

For a moment we agree with both poor countries, sex, lack of entertainment logic  than

FYI...adding the chart, ...

Population growth rates:
Country 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
India 1.58 1.55 1.51 1.47 1.44 1.4 1.38 1.61 1.58 1.55 1.38 1.34 1.31

Birth Rates:
Country 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
India 24.79 24.28 23.79 23.28 22.8 22.32 22.01 22.69 22.22 21.76 21.34 20.97 20.6

the rates are decreasing cos of many reasons, bt I still feel entertainment logic playing a good role to decreasing the rates!, people come home n sit watch tv or surf internet,chat or listen music n sleep... LOL

1. India added 20 crores population on 100 crore in last decade since 2000 in its kitty , when ample amount of entertainment option is there.

2. No i am not in this loop of fast developing nation or 3rd largest gdp etc. I consider what is human development index growth. Regarding poverty yes it is one of the factor but i feel contrary in the decision making in the number of children of a poor parents plays combination of culture,environment, awareness and economy so also the same impact is there among the rich and middle class family only without the economy factor. 

3. IDEA did ad. campaign with Abhishek Bachan that  population explode because people engage in sex so lets engage them in 3g entertainment :) 

Now the basic question is :

Do child birth happen by repeated and frequent sex only? 
Sex leads to population or unsafe sex - unplanned leads to population?

we will get the answer from the above 2 question.

The simple normal answers are:

1)lack of education2)poverty

3)desire of a male child

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged

Entertainment:

Why are you stick with the entertainment and sex only :) that is flawed logic :

Lets one couple dont have any access to entertainment and   shall they have the probability of 7 child in 7 days sex in a week :)

Lets have another couple access to entertainment and busy and engage in 2 days so shall they have the probability of 2 child of 7 days .

( all excuse me for driving the discussion on this direction but when IDEA run a ad. campaign on the same in national level they we have the liberty to discuss on the same )

So basically if people keep them self busy with entertainment they won't have sex LOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_Vinzy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top