Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

jklp

Goldie

jklp

Posted: 23 February 2013 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Jai SiyaRama. Srimad Ramayanam mentions that Prabhu Shri Ramachandra slained 14, 000 rakshas sena of Janasthanam with Mohini Astra. Mohini Astra created a hallucination for them that each rakshas is fighting with Prabhu Shri Ram & in this way the rakshas fought among themselves & got killed. But, Zee Tv Ramayan has totally ignored the context of Mohini Astra.Angry.  The context of Mohini Astra is wonderfully shown in RSR Ramayan which was a superhit Jai SiyaRama.

Edited by jklp - 24 February 2013 at 12:13am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sherlock

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MOHINI ASTRA IN KHAR-DHUSAN PRASANG" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sherlock

IF-Dazzler

sherlock

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Yes, episode missed that part of the battle, but it's OK. The thing was, Lord dispatched Khar, Dushan & Trishira, alongwith 14,000+ warriors, all alone. We got that, so be happy. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jklpsuperdil19luminous02

ukrn

ukrn

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 3:50am | IP Logged
mohini astra is not mentioned in valmiki Ramayan. There it is said that Ram is so valorous, that he alone kills all of the asurs with his arrows. In a description the battle, Shoorpanakha says that nobody can see when Ram is taking an arrow, when he is drawing the bow string and when he is shooting the arrows. The only thing seen is the asurs dying. So this is probably a description of that battle. 
On an aside I like this Ramayan, as they are showing a different point of view.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

superdil19luminous02.Vrish.sherlockarti07

luminous02

Goldie

luminous02

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 5:07am | IP Logged
i love this ramayan  because they are showing brave face of lord ram ji and i love the dialogue between khar and lord rama

Edited by luminous02 - 24 February 2013 at 5:07am

sherlock

superdil19

Goldie

superdil19

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ukrn

mohini astra is not mentioned in valmiki Ramayan. There it is said that Ram is so valorous, that he alone kills all of the asurs with his arrows. In a description the battle, Shoorpanakha says that nobody can see when Ram is taking an arrow, when he is drawing the bow string and when he is shooting the arrows. The only thing seen is the asurs dying. So this is probably a description of that battle. 
On an aside I like this Ramayan, as they are showing a different point of view.
ya ukrn u are right
lord rama can handle anything alone and i want to see more and more new and interesting things which are available in our great epics.

sherlock

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
well ...the show followed valmiki ramayana ...it mentions tht lord rama hurled arrows at demon army and killed them..

ramcharitmanas doesnt specifically mentions "MOHINIASTRA" 

.sagar PH  replicated khar dushan war scenes as depicted in valmiki ramayana...  the SOLAR ECLIPSES THE BAD OMEN ON KHAR DUSHAN KILLING OF DUSHAN TRISHIRA AND KHAR IS shown as per valmiki ramayana the dialogues were same too have a look

here is the description about solar eclipes wen demon army marched towards lord rama 

Capturing the sun a blackish corona with blood-red outer circle has formed and nested around it like the fiery ring formed by circling a fireball. [3-23-3]

This sort of corona can be seen during the total eclipse of sun where a black corona with red tinged glow forms around the eclipsed sun. This circling of fireball handheld on a sling is there even today, and it is performed before marriage processions or such other events as a daring sport.

The Bad Omens tht khar;s army faces is taken from valmiki ramayana here is the excerpt :

untimely eventide glistened with a colour similar to the one drenched in blood, and then horrendous brutes and birds have clamoured facing Khara directly, and the vultures, jackals and eagles too have screamed portending danger. [3-23-9, 10a]

there is the depiction about how the thick arrows overspread the sky as they showed in the epi

darkness caused by the thick of the arrows overspread the sky including its sun, while Rama happened to persevere spewing forth his arrows.

and dushana was killed in the smiliar manner his shoulder were sheared off and he fell on the ground similar to the show

While Duushana came falling on, he that Raghava sheared off his shoulders that have wrist-ornaments on his arms with two arrows. [3-26-1With both of his arms strewn around Duushana fell down onto earth like a haughty and gigantic elephant when both of its tusks are broken down. [3-26-15]

then the trishira and khar convo and tirshira vadh is similar as depicted in valmiki ramayana

But when Khara is about to lunge to the forefront of Rama, nearing him the commander of demonic forces named Trishira spoke this to him. [3-27-1]

"Taking oath on my weapon I promise to you that I truly wish to kill this Rama, as he deserves ill of all the demons by killing. [3-27-3]"If I were to kill Rama you may gladly proceed to Janasthaana, else if Rama kills me then you can adventurously proceed against him for a combat." Thus Trishira spoke to Khara.Trishira with a lustrous chariot that is yoked with equally lustrous horses hurried towards Rama in that war, like a tri-peaked mountain, for they say, he is a tri-headed demon. [3-27-7]

infuriated Rama with his alacritous swiftness hit the chest of Trishira with fourteen arrows similar to venomous snakes. [3-27-13, 14a]

thenafter the khara vadh and god witnesssing the event is given in the valmiki ramayana :

rama killed khara with thirteen arrows and  gods as well as great-sages have then came together and assembled in heavens, and those assemblies that are aboard their aircrafts are highly gladdened at the exploit of the great chariot-fighter Rama, and they worshipped him with their adjoined palms. [4-

here is the link http://www.valmikiramayan.net/utf8/aranya/sarga28/aranya_28_frame.htm

so actually they kept the content intact Starhats off sagar ph for the very first time ramayana is shown the way it was... i m short of adjectives...thanks alot and keep up the good work Clap

Edited by arti07 - 24 February 2013 at 11:11pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

superdil19nneeiillmanzilmukul

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
I really do not understand why do we end up comparing it with RSR ramayan..as if that was perfect. I dont think so. This ramayan is also at par now..infact I loved today's episode..and as arti explained it is exactly how it is written in Valmiki ramayana n ramcharitmanas...and i prefer to compare the show with scriptures rather than previous versions...

i totally enjoyed the epi..the divinity and power of RAM was really brought out well...superb cinematorgraphy ..and superb back ground score...

this ramayan is going great...and infact quite impressive...

and if it was superhit..there r loads of reason..lets not forget it was first ever mythology shown on indian television..where there was only a single channel to watch.and where ppl had no other option...i believe comparsions have base only if all the conditions are same for the two shows..but sadly its not...

Ramayan is hell lot better than crappy soaps on air..

Edited by nneeiill - 24 February 2013 at 11:22pm

superdil19.Vrish.arti07manzilmukulSilverBell

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Mita, I believe that the Mohini Astra version is from Adhyatma Ramayana.Smile Like other versions, Ramanand Sagar's Ramayana and Anand Sagar's Ramayana used many sources to make Ramayana. RSR and ASR showed Ram using Mohini Astra to kill Khar and Dushan, but that version is not from Valmiki Ramayana as others mentioned. It's from Adhyatma Ramayana, which is another revered source. I do not know what Ramcharitmanas says, but I remember reading very little about Ram's battle with Khar and Dushan. It doesn't mention it in great detail, neither about the Mohini astra nor any other astra.

Though this show had many blunders before, I think it's getting on track now. The death of Khar and Dushan was shown as per Valmiki Ramayana. Only thing I found weird was that Ram's face had bruises on it. I don't believe Ram was ever hurt during battle. Confused  But it's a small mistake compared to the other mistakes this show made in the past, so it's not a big deal.

This episode was the best this show has every gotten.Clap I do not like the Shani scenes, but they did not take up the majority of the episode this week so it's OK. Ram's battle with Khar-Dushan and the last scene where Lakshman and Sita serve Ram was very nicely shown.

jklpsuperdil19arti07manzilmukulSilverBell

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.