CID forum - not a soap !!! we need more coolbies!!

Posted: 11 years ago
@MODS - CID is not a Soap!!!!!!!!!!! Written updaters (non-coolbies) work very hard to keep the forum organized. We need promotions. 

There are four 1 hour episodes a week and every episode has a different story, different characters and every dialog or a small scene is a an evidence and is related to the Story!!!

That means... every dialog and every small gesture has to be put up as a part of the WU to write it in complete. It takes 3 - 4 hours per episode to write the WU unlike the Soaps where there are lengthy songs or slow motion romance scenes which can be described in one line. 

We have 3 Coolbies and No Mod for the forum. We need coolbie promotion and we do not have mods to talk about it. 

We "The members of CID forum" request the mods to please look into the issue and help the forum. 
Edited by astonish - 11 years ago
There are certain criteria for people to be eligible for coolbie position...but the mods and admins are very rigid about these and don't consider the nature of the serial.

For a serial like BALH, the written update will take half an hour...the cast and characters are the same, its half an hour per day...4 or 5 days a week.

But for an episodic serial like cid which has 4 one-hour episodes per week now, doing a written update is herculean task. The characters are new, the plot is different, being an investigative show all the twists and turns need to be clearly explained...we need to watch the online video by rewinding some scenes several times. It takes 3 to 4 hours of dedicated time to do one episode.

Its not fair to expect a coolbie to to more than 3 or 4 episodes per month...that itself is 15 hours of dedication to IF. People here have office/school/ exams...a life outside IF. If the mods and admins think that if coolbies have no time to do more than this, they don't deserve to be a coolbie it is unfair, demotivating and a very narrow minded view.

We are struggling with the written updates...there are so many non-coolbies including me who are helping maintain the WU going. I think if none of them are considered eligible for promotion, we will not have any new volunteers and the existing coolbies will soon give up, unable to bear the burden.

I request the mods and admins to consider this and decide on the promotions. We will need at least 6-8 coolbies to keep our forum written updates going smoothly.

Edited by visrom - 11 years ago
I agree ... i used to think promotions are a way of encouragin members to become more active ... when i got promotoed to coolbie status, i felt i was more responsible towards my forums ... then why do some people who are doing all their duties of written updates not being recognised ?? Doesnt it simply dampen their spirit ??
Our show is a 4 hour show per week ... and every hour as mentioned above is totally different from the other ... we are in need of coolbies ..

Please do not take our posts as an argument ...i guess being a part of IF does give us the right to express our view point !! Its a democracy .. please consider this as a request and look into it asap.
I agree so much. Promotions are supposed to encourage us to become more active and help our forum. But people still help out and do things on forums even without promotions. We have many people who write WUs for this 1 hour show each week and yet they haven't been recognized. This leads people to feel discouraged and leave WUs because they aren't being recognized. CID really does require coolbies. And not just CID, but other forums as well. And not just coolbies, but Sony TV also requires a CM. Please take our arguments into consideration.
Very well put Visrom. 👏 We 3 Coolbies ourselves accept that it Is impossible For 3 Of Us to take Up all the Burden...if not for the help of other members...there would Have been a Huge set of Missing wu's.

All The other non coolbie updaters Have Been Diligently spending their time and have thoroughly done the wu's.

Please do consider the promotion
I agree we at least need two coolbies and Sony needs a channel mod

Very well put and described Vis di.

Please do consider our request!
Please do not consider the soap or any simple bi-weekly or tri-weekly WU rules on this forum. AS mentioned previously its a tedious job...and this is how everyone follows the schedule and helps in WU as just 3 coolbies cannot do all the WU's

Edited by astonish - 11 years ago

I will give my opinion on my side here. Its just a day that I have done written update. Seriously it was difficult, Since I had no permisssions to finish the MB by watching CID at home,I had to go to brother's office.Since I knew its not downloading the video properly I opened 3 videos part by part.So I did first part around 11:30,Second part by 3:30,3rd part by 4:30, 4th Part by 4:50, Then I had a small part remaining All this I had to go many troubles due to power-cuts of half an hour. Even at 5 I couldn't finish WU.  Even after I came home I was writing it continously. Only then I finished the update. So I really feel its impossible to do 4 updates by 2 Coolbies. Most of them are on job or studying so its just herculean task I must say.As its not a soap theres long scenes to write atleast the double of that silly serials on TV.
       I guess its high time they get promotion and add more coolbies and bring one moderator for Sony channel.
True deeps!!!!  Even Now after 2years here.. It still takes me 2 -3 hours to do the WU...  Before I used to have patience to decorate the thread after writing the WU,..but these days...with my busy schedule and increase in frequency of WU's I don't have time and patience for decoration...!!!!