Debate Mansion

FB or IF? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 15

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 4:50am | IP Logged
FB is social networking. You share your day to day life there. It's for keeping in touch with what others are up to. If is a forum for discussion, dealing with particular topics. You come here to discuss shows with other people who watch it. DM is for discussing with people who have something to say on topic. Both serves different purposes.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateSamraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FB or IF? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by King-Anu

Oh so this topic is based on a incident where a member PMed another member and said "lets keep this virtual" and that made topic maker think why do people hide themselves on IF.

I never got that and just stated what I prefer between FB and IF. I need to read carefully. This is more about why people hide theselves. anyway.

Edit: I think virtual world appeals to people who are not social in real life. The time spent here is directly propotional to spare social time you have. Those who have many real life friends will be less active here. Then there will be those who have a social life and then they make time for debates, programs, shows. Finally people who have not much to do and therefore get addicted to chatting and interacting.

Low interest
Moderate interest
High interest

respectively.

that was answer to topic makers second point. now that i have read full post. lol
ummm.. mildly disagree, though i like most points as usual  Smile and thanks for re-reading

2,3 years ago i'd come to  IF looking for written updates and videos of missed episodes of silly hindi soaps i was addicted to, cos my mum used to  watch em back home ... last year when i lost her..apparently i stopped watching tv altogether except bigg boss(find it a total time waste tbhLOL)

and since i dont get to write much(and talk, eat and even pee sometimes) cos of strange kind of profession im in... IF for me is a fix for all of that...may be im in wrong profession but thats the only thing i know..

i wont call myself nt social.. it depends if people around me have anything in common or not..if i have bunch of school kids around me i'd rather turn into recluse Confused..

but may be all of you here are school kids and im fine with everyone(probably we are too judgemental in real life so another +1 to IFLOL)

cheers!

please note that i did not mean to say you were in high interest group i.e. not social and therefore active. lol. i dont know how active you are.

that was my general assessment that if someone is not much social then they are more likely to spend time in virtual world compared to those who have real world friends and are social there. i didnt mean to suggest  this for you. i am sorry if that impression came out from my post. now that you have described your situation i think you will be in loe/moderate group depending upon your activity.

i am sorry to hear about your mother. may she rest in peace.

no i am not a kid either. lol. you dont get the status of a King when you are kid. anyway hope all clear.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 5:47am | IP Logged

i feel forums are a great way to learn communication style. You find just how dumb you have to be to connect with the audiencesLOL

There's nothing sinister actually in hiding one's real ID. Personally i'd be embarrassed to be seen hanging around in certain forums. They are not exactly renowned as a mecca for refined tastes and learning, and it just wouldn't go with the suave image you know.LOL You also dont have any control over virtual people and what they can get up to. Why bother including them in your RL unless you dont have RL friends?

coming to FB, i think it has greater social acceptance.Either way it's a waste of time but it does provide a nice way to communicate with family and friends. Smile

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 5:52am | IP Logged
^ Embarrassed by forums? Shocked You hanging in the fangirls section Birdie? LOL

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

i feel forums are a great way to learn communication style. You find just how dumb you have to be to connect with the audiencesLOL

There's nothing sinister actually in hiding one's real ID. Personally i'd be embarrassed to be seen hanging around in certain forums. They are not exactly renowned as a mecca for refined tastes and learning, and it just wouldn't go with the suave image you know.LOL You also dont have any control over virtual people and what they can get up to. Why bother including them in your RL unless you dont have RL friends?

coming to FB, i think it has greater social acceptance.Either way it's a waste of time but it does provide a nice way to communicate with family and friends. Smile
hmmm... LOL.. that clarifies

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

^ Embarrassed by forums? Shocked You hanging in the fangirls section Birdie? LOL

yeah sure. its the fangirls.Tongue They dont offer the same opportunity for intellectual discourse that a SRK vs Salman Khan thread does or  a FB vs IF, do they?LOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 24 February 2013 at 7:34am

LovesLowCulture

LovesLowCulture

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

FB is social networking. You share your day to day life there. It's for keeping in touch with what others are up to. If is a forum for discussion, dealing with particular topics. You come here to discuss shows with other people who watch it. DM is for discussing with people who have something to say on topic. Both serves different purposes.

I don't think they serve different purposes. It's pretty simple, it's what you make of the websites. Facebook's designed for people to share their lives with their friends, but you can also meet people who are interested in the same things as you and/or join discussions. The same way, IF has a PM function and lets you build a "buddy list" so that you can use it for social networking. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_

LovesLowCulture

LovesLowCulture

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

that was my general assessment that if someone is not much social then they are more likely to spend time in virtual world compared to those who have real world friends and are social there. i didnt mean to suggest  this for you. i am sorry if that impression came out from my post. now that you have described your situation i think you will be in loe/moderate group depending upon your activity.

Well, in many cases a person is social in real life, but doesn't find people who share some of their particular interests irl. 

And many people who are outgoing just see forums, blogs etc. as an extension of their social life, not the entirety of it. I've personally made a lot of good friends through blogging. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetForever-KA

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.