Life OK's Welcome is less of mehman nawaazi and mo

MsPrez thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Life OK's Welcome is less of mehman nawaazi and more of battameezi

Print    
Make font size smallerMake font size defaultMake font size larger
Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki

Earlier in the day Tellychakkar.com reported about Sambhavna Seth, Payal Rohatgi, Aryan Vaid and Delnaaz Irani being a part of Life OK's Welcome – Baazi Mehman Nawaazi Ki and now we get you some more names.

As per a reliable source Amit Tandon of Dill Mill Gayye fame and Pavitra Punia who is currently a part of Hongey Judaa Na Hum too will be a part of Sambhavna, Payal and Aryan episode.

Now, cooking reality shows test the participants' culinary skills and intend to groom them into better cooks. Surely, spice is added to these shows but none of them will ever be able to match up with Welcome. A participant told us confidentially, "This is no cooking show but a war zone. In reality Welcome is 70% scripted and the rest of the dialogues come naturally to us during the course of the conversation." This means that Rakhi Sawant's statement that the show isn't scripted is false. After all, no contestant will declare on record that the show is concocted.

We hear that Amit and his gang's episode will be one of the most interesting ones wherein contestants will not just gossip, backbite and have verbal tiffs, but resort to fist fights. Whoa…that is some fun.

Amit and Pavitra confirmed being a part of the culinary experience.

Moving on, it seems that the title of the show Welcome is ironic in itself. The dinner table which is generally the sweet corner of the home where family and friends bond together over a sumptuous meal, is turning out to be a battlefield of sorts. "No matter how well you have cooked you will be abused on the show in the worst way possible- that is after all the entire purpose," a participant remarked.
In another gang of actors, you will soon be seeing Dimple Jhangiani, Mauli Dave, Mitali Nag, Pritam Pyare and Bakhtiyaar Irani getting into the usual arguments, tiffs and fights. We contacted Dimple who confessed, "My experience on Welcome was so scary that now I am once bitten twice shy of participating on reality shows in future. In fact I refuse to be a part of Bigg Boss now." Despite being a non-vegetarian Dimple prepared a vegetarian meal (of the Sindhi cuisine as she hails from the same community) as most of her guests were vegetarians. She had quite liked the company of Bakhtiyaar but felt that maybe Mitali could have talked more on the show as participants are after all supposed to converse.

Mauli also seemed to have a problem with Mitali being an introvert. She said, "Mitali took quite a while to come out of her shell and didn't really participate in the discussion." However two people she admitted to not getting along with at all were Bakhtiyaar and Dimple. She told us, "I had the maximum clashes with Dimple. The way she acted and her random comments were quite annoying. I have to say that she is quite a confused person. Bakhtiyaar reacts quite harshly when he gets angry." She added that on this 'mind-boggling' and 'crazy' show they are instructed not to hide their feelings and to be non-diplomatic. Further elaborating she said, "If you watch your words it will completely defeat the purpose of the series where you are meant to speak your mind. Also when people with differing opinions come together there are bound to be clashes." Mauli prepared a non-Indian cuisine as per her task.

Mitali informed us that she decided to be a part of the project as she thought it was a cookery show and didn't quite know that the participants broke into fights. She however did watch the first episode after accepting the offer and was quite intimidated by what she saw. Regarding her co-participants' complaints that she remained relatively silent, she justified herself by saying, "I take time to open up. From the fourth or fifth day I started conversing. Also I am quite a let go kind of person who doesn't believe in fighting."

When asked with which participant she didn't gel with she said, "I had some differences of opinion with Dimple." However there seems to be one factor both of them see eye to eye with. Like Dimple, Mitali confessed, "Welcome is like a miniBigg Boss, in fact I am quite wary of being a part of Bigg Boss now." Mitali had cooked Bengali, Tamil and Maharashtrian dishes.

Mitali, Dimple and Mauli like Rakhi said that the show wasn't scripted. But do they expect the viewers to be so nave? Dinners with friends are usually very cordial and peaceful especially when guests are invited over. People will only make a fool of themselves on national TV when they are paid to do so.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
tfs..expected behavior frm makhhi irani