Debate Mansion

|Serial Blast In Hyderabad|

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Serial blast took place tonight in a busy commercial area in Dilsukh Nagar of Hyderabad.According to reports 16 people died and more than 50 people were injured in the sad incident.

Twin blasts in Hyderabad's busy market kill 16

Mohammed Siddique in Hyderabad

In what appears to be a terrorist outrage, twin bomb blasts rocked the highly crowded area of Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad on Thursday evening, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 50 people.

The first bomb exploded at a bus stop and two other bombs exploded outside two cinema halls in the same area.

The first blast occurred at 7 pm when the traffic in the area was at its peak and people were returning to their homes. The second blast took place two minutes later.

The blast at the bus stop was so powerful that it had a devastating impact on the surrounding shops and the people ran helter-skelter.

The police suspect that the bombs were kept on a bicycle parked at the bus stop

The police, along with the bomb squads and forensic experts rushed to the explosion site. The police has closed all the roads going towards Dilsukh Nagar area and frisking operations have been launched.

A red alert has been sounded all over Hyderabad and other major cities and towns of the state.

Ten bodies have been brought to Osmania Hospital and anxious relatives were scrambling to find out the well-being of their missing members.

Significantly, the Dilsukh Nagar area has been target of terrorist attacks twice in the past. A bomb kept under a foot over bridge in the same area in August 2007 was found in time and deactivated, while the two other bombs planted at Lumbini Park and Kothi areas exploded and killed nearly 40 people.

Earlier a bomb planted at the Sai Baba temple in 1993 had claimed two lives. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, after visiting the scenes of the blast has ordered a high-level probe in to the incident.

What has added to his woes was that the Central government and the intelligence agencies had given a warning to all the states about possible terrorist attacks in retaliation to the recent hanging of 2001 Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru.

Edited by .Tanya. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Serial blasts rock Hyderabad, high alert declared

Ten to fifteen feared killed and several injured in the explosions that happened near a movie theater in Dilsukh Nagar area.

HYDERABAD: At least 18 people are feared killed and over 60 injured, some of them critically, in three serial explosions near a busy bus stop and two cinema theatres at Dilsukh Nagar in Hyderabad on Thursday evening. 

Union Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde has confirmed that 11 people have been killed in the Hyderabad blasts.

Local reports said the five blasts all happened at Dilsukh Nagar area, which is a crowded locality in Hyderabad. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) though pegged the number to have rocked Andhra Pradesh's capital at three, while Hyderabad police said at least two blasts have taken place.

Police have confirmed that these blasts that ripped through the crowded area in Hyderabad are an act of terror attack. 

However, there is no clarity yet on who engineered these well-coordinated and pre-planned explosions.

Authorities have also expressed the fear that the death toll is likely to increase. 
The injured, meanwhile, have been rushed to Yashoda Hospital at Malakpet and to the government-run Osmania Hospital, and police have cordoned off the entire area.

Elite teams of the NIA and the National Security Guard (NSG) will be flying to Hyderabad, Home secretary R.K. Singh said in New Delhi.

He said the state police chief is reaching the blast site, which has been cordoned off.

"Our NIA team is also reaching as it has a hub there. The NIA officials are there at the site. Our IG NIA is also going from here. The post blast investigating team of NSG is also going," R.K. Singh added.

The two teams will fly at 9.30 p.m. in a Border Security Force plane, he added.

The blasts occurred near two theatres in Dilsukhnagar, a busy commercial area, about 15 km from the heart of the city

Eye witnesses said they heard two loud explosions within a couple of minutes. Police suspect one of the bombs may have been kept in a motorcycle and the other in a tiffin box.

The first blast occurred around 7 p.m. near a tiffin centre opposite Venkatadri theatre and the second near Konark theatre. Both the theatres are about 500 meters from each other.

All the major cities in the country have been put on high alert. 

Senior police officials and ministers have rushed to the spot.

Some reports also say that an unexploded bomb too was found by the cops, although this has not been confirmed yet.

Police sources said that the bombs were placed at heavily crowded areas to cause maximum damage. 

Earlier reports had said that these were gas cylinder blasts, but that has been ruled out.

Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy, Director General of Police V. Dinesh Reddy and others visited the scene. The blasts sent panic in the area, close to Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway. 

YSR Congress party, in a statement, expressed shock and deep anguish over the bomb blasts. "YSRCP president Smt Vijayamma expressed shock and deep anguish over the bomb blasts in Diluskh Nagar. She mourned the death of innocent people who died in the explosion and conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the families of the blast victims," said the statement.

Authorities had feared terror attacks in the country in the aftermath of the Afzal Guru hanging.

Edited by .Tanya. - 11 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This is extremely sad. A prompt independent investigation is required and culprits should be punished. It is no joke when ordinary innocent people die like this. My condolences to everyone.

Edit: btw there is nothing to debate here. Edited by King-Anu - 11 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
If the intent is to coalesce then this should be at the level of Global announcement and not in a forum among 100s of forums so that all members of this IF can share their condolences.

I of course dont mind it as there are many light hearted non-debatable stuff here anway. I just thought this is more serious and does not belong here where no one is replying.
Forever-KA thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheTruth

Sorry, but I believe this thread does belong here . That does not mean it does not belong to one of the places you proposed. More thoughts are always good. I also do not understand what does the number of replies have to do with the thread itself.

Number of replies is a manifestation of process of coalescing and reflection of more thoughts.

The manifestation is an important point. 1) We do not know if message is getting through and that means thoughts are being generated or not 2) If the message is going though and thoughts are there then the fact that replies dont back it up is in itself an issue as its reflect lack of interest

I chose the positive option because I believe people are not active here and therefore this deserves a better platform.

Forever-KA thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheTruth

Fair enough. You judge the thread by the number of replies and I judge it by its content.

I think I was not able to make my point here. lol. anyway lets move on.
Minionite thumbnail
Yep I heard that the government knew about this and even then they were not able to stop this attack. I've also heard that the government has been told about some other attacks on 6 other cities like Hyderabad. Let's see what they can do about it.
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My all heartiest condolence who has died and wish recovery for all who has wounded.Time to reach at the root of Terror and cure or wipe out it with 0 tolerance
-stylediva- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
  I stay in hyderabad malekpet just one stop from dilsukhnagar, my name is  srividya. I went to same places in the morning at ten ,  First i went to opposite side APSRTC bus stop to send off my mother inlaw who was going to vijaywada,then i crossed the road  near konark theatre circle, on that day there was some auto band or supposed to be rally from LB nagar to Abids against petrol hike, there was lot of police petroling checking two wheelers, i think police already had some info otherwise there was lot of security, I asked the autowala he told some auto unions are creating problem to ordinary auto drivers so there is tight security.But then i went to coffee shop adjecent to anand tiffin centre took coffee powder & went into that lane till dead end to buy a lace for my duppatta & walked into those lanes of dilsukh nagar went into venkadri theatre lane to take my duppata which i gave for dying in shilpa matching centre & walked towards the main road of venkatadri theatre,i saw so many people in the bustop especially college students waiting for busses in that busstops, usually that place & lane is very busy with small venders, watch sellers,small earrings, bangle sellers, purses ,MIx & match dresses  hung  &of course theatre  small cell phone shop & a medical shop also there. very busy indeed .i really feel bad for those small street vendors & dwellers who are innocent. consider myself lucky indeed. Bcz i always prefer to shop after 3.30 in the afternoon  after my son is back from the school . thank god i went in the morning that day.   I saw in the Tv Bomb was kept in the place just near the foot over bridge where 107v bustop is also there so many people in the bus  stopmight have died  due to the blast. I  returned home at two heard the news at 6.55 really surprised & shocked to hear & could not sleep  seeing those dead bodies in Tv. My heartiest condolence to all innocent people & shop keepers, students standing in the bustop to return their homes. But police shd have been more alert with CC cameras which were there in  both the places but disconnected by culprits. Edited by styledivaDD - 11 years ago
-AarYaholic- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
My condolences to the families who lost their loved ones

And I hope and pray for the speedy recovery of those injured

This came as a shocker...I hope peace prevails throughout the nation and we the people stay united