*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 122

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer... Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

migan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 8)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider", looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spainmigan

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Q. Why do ships and aircraft use 'mayday' as their call for help?

A. This comes from the French word m'aidez - meaning 'help me' - and is pronounced approximately, 'mayday.'

Q. Why are zero scores in tennis called 'love'?

A. In France , where tennis became popular, round zero on the scoreboard looked like an egg and was called 'l'oeuf,' which is French for 'egg.' When tennis was introduced in the US , Americans (mis)pronounced it 'love.'

Q. Why do X's at the end of a letter signify kisses?

A. In the Middle Ages, when many people were unable to read or write, documents were often signed using an X. Kissing the X represented an oath to fulfill obligations specified in the document. The X and the kiss eventually became synonymous.

Q. Why is shifting responsibility to someone else called 'passing the buck'?

A. In card games, it was once customary to pass an item, called a buck, from player to player to indicate whose turn it was to deal. If a player did not wish to assume the responsibility of dealing, he would 'pass the buck' to the next player.

Q. Why do people clink their glasses before drinking a toast?

A. It used to be common for someone to try to kill an enemy by offering him a poisoned drink. To prove to a guest that a drink was safe, it became customary for a guest to pour a small amount of his drink into the glass of the host. Both men would drink it simultaneously. When a guest trusted his host, he would only touch or clink the host's glass with his own.

spain

spain

spain

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

A wise man sat in the audience and cracked a joke. Everyone laughed like crazy.

After a moment, he cracked the same joke again. This time, less people laughed.

He cracked the same joke over and over again. When there was no more laughter in the crowd, he said, "You can't laugh at the same joke over and over again but why do you keep crying over the same things over and over again?"

The question posed by the wise man is a valid one—why do many of us keep crying over the same things over and over again when we are unable to laugh at the same jokes over and over again? The answer is simple. As ironic as it may sound, it makes us feel good to feel bad. Tony Robbins often says that you will keep doing something as long as it meets three or more of your needs.

The reason people stop laughing at the same jokes is because the novelty of jokes is in the element of surprise. The element of surprise meets our need for uncertainty. Once we lose that element, there is no longer any novelty in the joke, which is why after a while, we tend to find that it's no longer funny.

Crying, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. It is the element of predictability or certainty that drives many of us to cry over the same things. But that aside, the more important question is how can we meet those same needs in healthier ways? The best thing to do is to replace rather than refrain. Instead of refraining from crying over the same things, the healthier approach is to replace that mechanism with something else that will meet the same need.

Sounds complex?

Once you understand it, you wield the power to control your emotions, rather than let them control you.

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
 When from our better selves we have too long been parted by the hurrying world, and droop. Sick of its business, of its pleasures tired, how gracious, how benign in solitude.

William Wordsworth

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Dust as we are, the immortal spirit grows
Like harmony in music; there is a dark
Inscrutable workmanship that reconciles
Discordant elements, makes them cling together
In one society. How strange, that all
The terrors, pains, and early miseries,
Regrets, vexations, lassitudes interfused