*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 114

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
            times have changed as have values of everything

The other day I was telling my grandson about the great changes that have occurred in my lifetime,
from the time when I was a child. I said "Look, when I was a kid as you are now,
my Mom sent me to the store around the corner, with 10 rupees .
I returned with two packs of butter, two liters of milk, a bag of potatoes, two packets of cheese,
a packet of sugar, a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs."
And my grandson replied:
"Grandfather, in your time there were no surveillance cameras

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 4)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
                         Childhood and seasons in the sun

Times have changed and the world has changed with it.And with it are fading memories.Nowadays very few of the teenage generations have a village to go to to spend summer holidays or the odd festival weekend.And when i say village i really mean the ones with the old charm.I had the special privilege of spending quite a few of my childhood days in the company of farmers,cows,the huge village well and the rather special brook or should i say a gentle stream with just enough water to walk through it.

Leaving Bangalore for Chennai after the much flogged tragedies in my life changed me for i was no longer that street bumpkin.Going to a school,learning English and just the city atmosphere back in the seventies changed our personality,at least it did mine.It was some years before i came back to Bangalore and spent quality time with my many cousins and they numbered in the dozens.Still some of us gravitated to each other and our group was made up of those who were just separated by a few years.For it didn't matter if one was nine and the other was eleven,it didn't matter if one was a boy or the other was a girl.strangely all that mattered was was us being close to each other and just spend time doing goofy things,trying to see who could climb the highest tree,trying to beat each other at skipping stones or just those things children do or did.Nowadays there is a dull ache in my breast and sometimes i close my eyes and play those memories again and again.Even after so many years they are fresh and show that i too was that child at one point of time.My hair is thinning and the grey hairs are slowly winning the battle and in my solitary moments where i am one with those memories,i see and remember myself running and chasing chickens and goats in my village.I remember stealing chilli powder and salt for those tiny mangoes and guavas and after feasting on them all of us used to sleep stretched like dead bodies but as one and we didn't have fans in all the rooms those days.The village is called Panathur just about 20 to 30 kilometers away from Bangalore and my uncle Gopanna and his brothers lived there.He was married to my dad's sister Shanta aunty and had three children namely deepa,kiran and bindu called bondi.Bindu was one of my cousins with whom i grew up with in chennai and she was also my morai ponnu.That was the thought and a foregone conclusion among my family elders but well as you know yours truly bucked the trend when that moment came and my uncle and aunt came to chennai to finalise the marraige.And well you know how that worked out and to whom i am happily married.

Days in a village can fly like that for there are so many things to do and investigate.Those days just when i was about ten or eleven i had this huge crush on of my cousins and she was called pummy.Well today she is a mother of three and happily married but weighs a ton and i haven't seen her in ages,come to think of it in nearly twenty years.But those days she was the daintiest thing i had ever seen and i used to follow her like a puppy.And yes i was lucky enough to steal a kiss that summer and although i didnt' know how to kiss and just followed what i had seen in some english film.

There were so many special moments but my memory is not like what it was before or it is just that those memories are running away to make a home in someone elses life.There are days when i try hard to sit still and recollect all those moments of joy but to no avail and so i let them slip and fade and wait for them to come back in their own accord since they are mine and probably will come when i am really old and when i need them as crutches.

The village well was a huge one and water to the fields were pumped up from that well but generally people didn't mind us children taking a dip in it.And we didn't just take a dip in it but rather lived in it.There were a few tubes to go around but i always got the old and dirty looking car tyre.It didn't matter for it kept me afloat and i did manage to learn how to swim.At least i thought i was swimming when in reality my cousins thought that i was having an epileptic fit or in death throes.No egos,no arrogance,no underlying negative vibrations but just pure love and love that is possible when we are children for in those eyes with which we view the world are unbiased.Eating cotton candy,tender cucumbers,raw mangoes and so many unknown eatables which today might buy me a one way ticket to the emergency room.Our eyes used to brim with tears and they were sweet and those of happy moments and they mingled with that dirty old village well and we were one,one entity just like our tears of happiness was one with the well water once it had flowed into it.

Sometime in my sleep i feel those tears flow and i wake up to those moments when we were running around the village,trying to ride goats and cows,and generally making fools of ourselves.We had an old man related to our grandfather and we used to sit around him and gaze at him in curiosity for he was the oldest person we knew and then he used to scare us with loud farts and we used to scream in fear and scatter in all directions but still giggling we used to gather around him and he used to entertain us with stories about ghosts and long gone british empire.

The world is changing,evolving,my body is changing,ageing but the video collection of my memories are safe in the vault and have gathered no mould and i pick up each one of them and watch them as part of them and in disbelief i realize that i too was young,i too was innocent and too lived some years among those children before becoming part of adulthood.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maghunaadagamkalki2007

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
yup,time flies and maharani has flow away wit it.I am doing fine and i hope the same with you.Be well.

spain

spain

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
I don't feel bad that times are changing...
just feel a lot of sadness at how these people have lost their innocence along the way.

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 04 March 2013 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.satishkumar

A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet.

She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even.. The total had to be exactly perfect.. No chance here for mistakes.

Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door.

She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention, but he was too busy at this moment. Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster. No good. Finally she took a Quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!

'And what do you want?' the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice.. I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages,' he said without waiting for a reply to his question.

'Well, I want to talk to you about my brother,' Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. 'He's really, really sick...and I want to buy a miracle.'

'I beg your pardon?' said the pharmacist.

'His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?'

'We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you,' the pharmacist said, softening a little.

'Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs.'

The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl, 'What kind of a miracle does your brother need?'

' I don't know,' Tess replied with her eyes welling up. I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money..'

'How much do you have?' asked the man from Chicago .

'One dollar and eleven cents,' Tess answered barely audible.

'And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to.'

'Well, what a coincidence,' smiled the man. 'A dollar and eleven cents---the exact price of a Miracle for little brothers.'

He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said 'Take me to where you live. I want
To see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need.'

That well-dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon, specializing in neuro-surgery. The operation was completed free of charge and it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well.

Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.

'That surgery,' her Mom whispered. 'was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?'

Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost...one dollar and eleven cents...plus the faith of a little child.

In our lives, we never know how many miracles we will need.

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

This one brought tears in my eyes. So touchy and cute as well. Thanks for sharing it here.

Edited by migan - 04 March 2013 at 2:52pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durganaadagamkalki2007s.satishkumarnithyamkv

kalki2007

Coolbie

kalki2007

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Hi Satish

i don't see you in Rajakumari anymore are you coming later

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Hi kalki,
                        I am not sure what is going on in rajakumari only that the ratings are bad and they are lost with the story and going nowhere.I am really not sure when i am coming back and like the disappearance of chezhiyan in tirumati selvam will and might happen again here.Well serves me right for i sat at home for nearly one and a half years after completing maharani refusing big offers from tv and films cos the roles were insignificant or the story was not interesting and then jumped into this project for the director was a good friend of mine as was the production manager.so blindly and not hearing the story i walked in and got walked out.But i have learnt to accept that these things are common and happen in regularity and have become numb and immune.so with keen eyes and sharp ears i am waiting for new projects and will take it up on its merit.

Meanwhile i am busy doing ad and corporate films to put rice and sambhar on the table and getting on well,I am an indian,have money eat veg pulao,no money then curd rice and pickle (homemade pickle).be well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naadagamkalki2007

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
New Word Definitions

Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding a stupid person that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.

Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Giraffiti (n): Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

Karmageddon (n): its like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.

Dopeler effect (n): The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.

Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a grub in the fruit you're eating.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spainrojapoooo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top