*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 34)

Post Reply New Post

Page 34 of 103

spain

spain

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Where is your sense of romance, bro?LOL

But then...I asked you to listen to 'Aashiqui 2', not watch it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

s.satishkumar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 34)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
hi doc,
                       sorry if the review was a let down.my grouse was against the way the screenplay and characters were developed.the film would have been much better if they had added depth as to why the hero was going though all those mental problems.no complain about the soundtrack co i have been listening to them everyday except for yesterday when i downloaded the songs of ram leela and loved the classical feel of it.

oh by the way there is still romance left in the old dog.

satish

spain

spain

spain

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
I was not let down by your review of "Aashiqui 2", Satish.
All your points are valid and I agree with you.

The movie was taken as a "slice of life"...where they don't focus on the past or the future...only the present where two people are shown to push-pull each other as they struggle to cope with fame, failure and feelings.

I saw "Aashiqui 2" sometime earlier this year.
I haven't yet seen "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani"...I haven't found the time to watch it as yet.

I quit watching movies for a while to focus on my career, then by the time I returned back to watching movies...
I saw the repetition of back-stabbing love stories, suspense thrillers, adult comedies...and I got sick of it.

I remember I saw "Aashiqui 2" in my house at 2 o'clock at night with my husband.
Yes, that's right..at 2 AM - when the rest of city was sleeping...

I knew the movie was doing well...but I never heard of the songs before and I didn't know the faces of the lead actors.

But when you live away from home for the sake of your job...and when your job demands you to deal with the frail, sick, injured, burnt, dying or dead...
your only consolation is to hear the lonely voice of your spouse over the phone, after a tiring day at work.

And honestly, for some strange reason, when you work in the medical field...life comes into perspective as you deal with dying and death on a daily basis.
You learn to live with the fatigue of working long hours, with your watch ticking away at your wrist and with your head questioning the uncertainities of life...
but all the while, your heart knows it's all about taking risks in life just to make ends meet with your loved one.

My husband curiously asked me that night..."I don't understand you. You fight with me on the phone earlier this week and say you don't want to see me...and now you travel across the state in the middle of the night just to be with me...What happened in between??"
I didn't answer him. I was too busy eating the ice-cream he kept for me in the freezer.
We watched "Aashiqui 2" that night...actually it was at 2 in the morning...

You're right. "Aashiqui 2" didn't have a great storyline...with no logic...and with serious acting defects by the lead actors.
But the movie was about how two people are desperate to make ends meet because they are desperately in love with each other.

Simply put, love makes you live life.

I'm not a romantic...but I guess I can relate with that theme...
And the songs of the movie...they speak out to you.
Especially "Tum hi ho" (both male and female versions)...they hit a nerve in you that has been sleeping...and all of a sudden, it wakes up and responds to this blissfully addictive song...

Even now, months later, "Tum hi ho" plays hauntingly in my house in the middle of the night...
For me, this song brings mixed peace and pain to the soul...where no one except you and your loved one exist...

(Sorry for the crappy writing...just thought of spilling the beans as to why something so irrelevant and silly can turn out to be so special in someone's walk of life...)

Edited by spain - 13 October 2013 at 6:31pm

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Hi spain,

What you have written makes sense and i can understand where you are coming from.for me i breathe movies and i am such a diehard fan for good movies that i get really mad when a good subject is taken and not used properly to deliver the punch or message.whenever a person watches a film they take their own message from it and draw their own conclusions and relate to it from their own experiences and memories.at some point in life we all go through heartbreak and betrayal and nurse the hurt and grieve alone.like you said the songs are haunting and convey the pathos in all of us and to us.i like the way the song meri aashiqui starts and merges into tum hi ho.

Today the standards of films and television have dropped alarmingly and very few are worth our efforts to go see them in the theater.I cannot rouse myself to go or wish the best for a film when they are half baked or those which test my patience.i would rather that the films be bad and accept that and pretend that they are life changing experiences.

spain

spain

spain

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the insight.
Now let's steer away from 'Tum Hi Ho'...
it's a lovely song that speaks for itself.

Could you please share some gossip news of the movie industry here?
Old or new...I'm all ears for it.

I heard actor Karthik was known to be the worst womaniser in the industry.
I don't know who it is now...
But Karthik was 'Manmadhan Leelai' to the core...and his mentor in this department happened to be a female character artist who he acted with in his first movie.
Don't know how true this is...but looking at his philandering eyes, I'd believe it...

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 7:45am | IP Logged
oh no you will not bring me to gossip about actors personal lives.i will land myself in lot of hot water and various soups if i dare talk about stuff which i know or at least hear of.Lots of things go but then it is their personal lives.while i am frank and critical about films and actors perfomances in them i dare not venture into their personal lives and what they do with their spare time.sorry for nto adding to your spicy tit bit about karthik but that is old news.be well.

spain

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
A reporter from the Reuters is interviewing Mr Narendra Modi: "What is your favourite fruit   Mr Modi?"

Modi: "Mango."

Within a minute this exchange is carried by all news channels in India as "breaking news" with the header, "Modi does not like guavas."
Spokespersons of different political parties/NGOs were invited to give their reaction.

Jitendra Avad: Mahatma Gandhi used to like banana, which is easily available all across India and cheap; so even the poor people can afford it. It is a fruit of aam admi. Modi is basically against Mahatmaji. So it is obvious that he does not like bananas. He represents Nathuram Godse who killed Bapuji.

Manish Tiwari: Modi does not like guava because of its green color!  This shows his anti-Muslim bias!! Shame on him!!

Ajay Makan: Not surprised modi likes an expensive fruit like mango. By that choice, he is mocking the poor masses of India.

Pappu aka Amul Baby: I am not like Modi who only likes specific things or items. My food intake is all inclusive and I respect all foods like I respect all religions. I like saffron mangoes, green guavas, and white amlas. Tomorrow I am going on a visit to the poor people of UP living in poor huts where I will share and eat green and yellow skinned bananas with them.

[Pig]Vijay: Modi is a rotten mango and must therefore be immediately removed from the basket. Otherwise all mangoes in the basket will rot.  A rotten mango like modi has no place in the secular, all-inclusive basket of India.

Nitin Wagle on Lokmat-IBN Ten O'Clock News: Welcome all! A new day and a new topic for discussion today. Modi has betrayed his ugly, communal faade by declaring that he likes mangoes. By deliberately avoiding green guavas from the list of fruits he likes, Modi has clearly demonstrated his anti-Muslim, communal mentality. We have among us Mr Madhav Bhandari of the BJP, Mr Sachin Savant of the Congress, and great and original thinker-Mr Markandey Katju.

A comment by Dilip Padgaokar:

"Modi likes mangoes an Indian fruit which mean he hates Olives, the Italian fruit. This shows a narrow nationalism. These RSS people have no international TASTE

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
quotes to ponder and decipher

Dream delivers us to dream, and there is no end to illusion. Life is like a train of moods like a string of beads, and, as we pass through them, they prove to be many-colored lenses which paint the world their own hue.

"One day everything will be well, that is our hope. Everything's fine today, that is our illusion"

We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here."

"Don't believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that - thoughts."

"If it looks real and feels real, do you think it matters if it's real?"

"Liking other people is an illusion we have to cherish in ourselves if we are to live in society."

"You said you were a fairy princess
You said you were a shooting star
You said we'd go to Bora Bora
Now look at where the f**k we are"

"Don't talk to strangers. Don't do drugs. Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. Don't have sex. Wear a condom. Wear sunblock. Wear a seat belt. Wear a helmet. If you see something, say something. Just say no. Stop, drop, and roll. Stop, look, and listen. Look both ways before you cross the street...
Safety is an illusion. Bad things can happen to anyone at any time, whether you follow the rules or not. You can check left, check right, check left again before you step off the curb and into the crosswalk, but that won't stop an anonymous asshole in his shitty pickup from putting you in intensive care..."

"When your heart truly adores somebody,
your mind perceives a halo on that man's head."

"The truth, my friend, is an awesome thing, to be handled with wisdom and with courage denied to ordinary people. Most of us must make do with illusions. Or else -- or else we could not endure."

spain

Post Reply New Post

Go to top