*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 112

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged
thanks spain.i tried that and yet the same result.but will preview before posting

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 13)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

spain

spain

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Not sure why it's not working...

If it works for me, it should work for you.
The image could be in a different format, maybe "cutting" is not the same as "copying" the image, maybe the image was not selected at all and hence it is not getting copied...
I don't know...but you can always google search for help!

These things don't usually require much thinking...but when you really start thinking about it, it doesn't work...
hence, the annoying frustation with technology.
So divert your attention to something else...and try again sometime later.
It may work all of a sudden without much thought or effort...just give it a try.
Good luck and have a good day!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
 The only film i had seen earlier of vijay was ghilli and that too was simply because my friend pradeep's two sons begged me and dragged me to see it.Well i had seen a few films of vijay on tv but still had a dim view of his emoting skills.ghilli was good and soon i was caught up with the heroics of the character and left the film with a nod of approval.very soon that died down and it was only when thuppaki released with murgadoss directing it that my interest was again piqued and now slowly buy surely it was my turn to beg and cajole my wife to come along to see the film.Much against her wishes she came and liked the film.

But the point i am trying to make starts now in the lounge of inox cinemas.while waiting for the doors to open and it was the 2.30 p.m show i looked around to see lot of families but most importantly lots and lots of children from the age of five to fifteen were gathered around and talking animatedly.Always curious to know the point and purpose of any animated conversation i kind of snuck up and eavesdropped on the kids talking and lo and behold they were discussing the merits and stunt scenes of thuppaki.Now my curiosity totally aroused i asked the kids how many times they had seen the film since they were discussing the film and its scenes.Well when children all talk at the same time and want to be heard at the same time it is really difficult to make sense among that din.But yours truly hear the numbers 5,4,6 and even 10 thrown around and my jaw dropped in amazement.I gave the kids once over and all of them were kids from the upper middle class family wearing branded shoes and branded clothes.Now one can get away with wearing imitation clothes bu it is slightly difficult to imitate good footwear and footwear is a clue on a person' economic measure in most cases.The closet snob i am i usually wear red tape sandals and above that it is my fav 5 year old disel jeans and some inane tee.

Now the kids i was talking to were mostly wearing crocs and conversing in english and that puts them in the a centre crowd.Oh well film trades are split into a,b and c centre and i am just using that lingo and really i am not biased.I asked the biggest kid in their group to which school they belonged to and they said chettinad.Well then i looked around and realised that most of the kids were from sishya,st.bedes and lots of high profile schools and they were all mad about ilaya thalapathi vijay.I asked them their opinion about rajinikanth and they said they dont mind rajini uncle but vijay anna was their thalaivar.

What was going on in those children's minds i wondered and coming back home i spent a lot of time thinking about cinema,actors and our crazy attachment to them.Whatever it may be it but surely the feelings are not crazy.Many wonder why when a famous actor's film releases,milk is poured on their massive hoardings and the first show is welcomed with bursting of crackers and bands play music.It is so similar to that of kumbhabishekams done for gods in temples and i know many will take offence for me equating gods and actors.But it is true for an actors fan treats him like his god and will even go to the extent of sacrificing his life if something bad should happen to his idol.It is the same all over the world and now in the internet age one just has to google an actors name and see for themselves how many web-sites are there dedicated to their favourite actors.

The question is why and the answers are many.Starting with being blessed with good looks and a great body,awesome acting skills or just a brash and bad boy image,lot of factors seem to draw fans to their actors.well each to his own and in our own motherland the angry young man fighting for the poor is one image which everyone tries to cultivate and many fall flat and rise with mud in their faces.That elusive title is reserved for few and then they are the ones who find a lasting place in the general public's minds and hearts.Starting with M.G.R,AMITABH,rajini kanth,salman khan,vijay there have been few who can generate mass hysteria and continue to give massive hits with mediocre scripts.The rest however talented and famous can only se and envy.To stick to chennai i think the baton of superstardom passed from mgr to rajini and it now rests with ilaya thalapathi vijay.One rule of thumb to identify a superstar is if people talk about that actor in relation to politics and future posting of chief minister.Rajini passed it on and the time has passed even if he wants to try it and even if vijay does not want to talk politics i bet it is on his mind.

If vijay can reach and occupy a big place in our children's hearts it can only mean one thing and that he is doing something right.For even if there are better actors than him like surya and vikram the hysteria vijay generates compared to the two mentioned actors is far above them and in the upper stratosphere.Why the same happened with kamal and rajini and earlier had happened with mgr and shivaji and we know who went on to become chief minister and who is the current superstar.

But it all boils down to a few things and that apart from vijay being great in dancing,stunts and just about okay in acting there is something safe and trusting with him and his innocent smile which by the way i think he copied from the superstar.That is it,trust and millions of tamil people and many millions more have placed their trust in vijay and that means blind love and faith in him and his movies.The years will roll by and we are going to be a witness to the comings and goings of actors and the happenings because of them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naadagamspain

spain

spain

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Nice post to read.

From a girl's point-of-view, to say you were a Vijay fan was such a big deal back then.
I grew up in an era where the typical village girl was ready to dump her murai mappillai to marry the guy of her dreams.

And that guy was Aravind Swamy.
Following the release of "Roja", there was an insane madness over him by so many of my school friends.
Of course, girls would claim to be a Rajni fan or a Kamal fan, but that was just for outside formality because their parents were somewhere close-by eavesdropping...
deep down, they wanted to marry Aravind Swamy and plan to go on a honeymoon with him to Kashmir!LOL

And then I grew a little older when "Kadhalikku Mariyadhai" came along and I think that was the first time I took note of Vijay, the young actor.
Girls saw him in this movie and would say,
"You know what? I wouldn't mind if my father or the panchayat thalaivar forces me to marry a guy like him...he's not such a bad choice, you know..."

This was a HUGE statement to come from a Tamil girl back then because it suddenly meant that the Dravidan look was cool and wanted and accepted.
Again, let me remind you, this was the same era where every girl dreamt of dumping her murai mappillai to marry Aravind Swamy, Abbas or Ajith...fair-skinned heroes were in demand, and dravidan-looking boys stood heart-broken.
(You would be completely ridiculed if you said you were a Ramarajan or Vijaykanth fan amongst the village girls back then!)

So now thinking back, it's nice to know that Vijay changed the trend and made girls' hearts swing in the reverse direction...
Dravidan looks are charming thanks to him.

My personal favourite movie of Vijay is "Kushi".
I'm not a big fan of his but I never got bored of watching this movie over and over again.
The story is similar to how I keep fighting with my own husband and it's hilarious to watch on-screen.
If there is one Vijay song where I think the woman stood out more prominently than him and his dance steps, it was that song "Macarena" with Shilpa Shetty.
Even girls were drooling over her and completely ignored Vijay when this song came on in the theatres.

Brings back some great memories...
Thanks for sharing.

s.satishkumar

spain

spain

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Vijay's "Sweet Moon" song

I finally remembered the song where Vijay became the official hearthrob for Tamil girls...
this song came about a decade ago.

It's called "Sakkarai Nilave". (I refer to it as the "Sweet Moon" song).
It was quite famous in its time and every girl who was a Vijay fan knew the lyrics of this song by heart...esp. the last lines where he sings:
"adi unakkum unakkum ellaam pidikka...ennai yaen pidikathendrai..."
I remember everyone just loved those lines.

Through this song, Vijay became a style icon for the youngsters because people were literally obsessed with his casual look of wearing jeans and a shirt. The orange check shirt he is wearing throughout this song completely overshadowed the heroine's pretty sleeveless saris...and boys with love failure would roam around wearing similar orange-coloured shirts on campus!LOL

Those were fun-filled times and even a decade later, this song is great to hear...with beautiful lyrics, soothing voice of Harish and soulful music.
I miss listening to these songs...Tamil songs just don't sound so great anymore...

Wishing all of you Happy Tamil New Year's day!

Edited by spain - 13 April 2013 at 4:02pm

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
My dear friends,
                                  I wish you all and your families a very happy tamil new year's day.

satish

spain

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
I sold my soul to the devil and i thought i got something
good for it.I sold my soul to a pretty devil for lusty
horny nights and got lost in the bargain.
I sold myself to just fit in and be part of the pack
 and bought myself the latest galaxy and berry mobiles
 I spoke constantly although no one was there on the other
end at least no one who cares for me and finally we asked each
 other who are you and why are we talking.
 I sold myself to fashion and tight jeans and i hurt my prostate
 and those black shoes,oh those black shoes with pointed ears
 like hobbit feet sticking out inches beyond my feet
 maybe it is a metaphor for something not sticking out and those lack of inches
 like people putting rings and glitter around their navels to show that
  which cannot be shown.one hole or the other and it all leads to your mother
  and yet people ring it and decorate it and now they have rings in their nipples
 oh father all in the name of fashion and the need to be seen and to belong
hoods and pants worn backwards and jeans hanging below the knees
 and i am still on the phone and talking my heart and soul out
  but i cannot hear a damn thing for my ears and brains have got fried out due to microwaves.what is that,what is that can't i fit in and be left in peace

spain

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 15 April 2013 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Some of the most beautiful songs have been sung in english and that too by some popular rock groups.Here is one by the cars and the song is called drive

The cars drive

Who's gonna tell you when, it's too late
Who's gonna tell you things, aren't so great
You can't go on, thinkin, nothin's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home tonight

Who's gonna pick you up, when you fall
Who's gonna hang it up, when you call
Who's gonna pay attention, to your dreams
Who's gonna plug their ears, when you scream

You can't go on, thinkin, nothin's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight

Bye baby... bye baby... bye baby... bye baby...

Who's gonna hold you down, when you shake
Who's gonna come around, when you break

You can't go on, thinkin nothin's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight
Ohh, you know you can't go on, thinkin, nothin's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top