India-Forums

*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20! (Page 10)

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Teacher: Name Gandhiji's Son..

Tamilian student: Dineshan !

Teacher: What Rubbish?

Tamilian student (yangrily): whadd rubbish?!! Phrom KG yonwards we have been
dold daat "Gandhiji is THE FATHER OF DINESHAN!"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spain

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
                   evolution of body and fashion but death of the soul

It has been nearly 14 billion years since the universe we live in today came into existence.That is the general idea derived from the big bang theory started from the stars red shift status as observed by hubble.From the rate at which stars,galaxies are fleeing away from each other and from their distances as of the present,scientists came to a conclusion that everything and all that is today started from a single point and then exploded into being and becoming what exists as the universe today.But no,no one seems to know or are able to explain why the universe came into being or what existed before that.

Human beings began their semblance of life in the present form about 1.8 million years as homo erectus and took our final and present shape about 600 thousand years ago.well all that is science and open for debates and discussion.But is the evolution continuing today and are we going anywhere for i feel we are not going anywhere.

Yesterday morning after my run,i was stretching my aching legs and i saw a group of young boys and girls talking loudly,laughing and some of them were puffing away,including girls and they could have been from outstation or probably belonged to chennai.well most of the girls were scantily dressed in very short shorts and tees with plunging necklines and spaghetti tops which did not leave anything for imagination.But what caught my attention was the attire of some of the boys and their sagging multi colored shorts which barely hung on their waists and to only reveal the brand of underwear they were wearing.I smiled to myself and thought of the times when starting from my 6th std when my aunt used to buy me two underwears and ask them to wash them daily after use and preserve them carefully.well i did for lack of knowledge and i used,washed,flogged and preserved them until my 8th std when all that was left were the straps.well i will keep those memories for my script for a film in the 22nd century.

But coming back to teenagers and generally people flaunting their underwear and lingerie and why they do that.Off late today when i generally smile or wish good morning to someone on the beach,9 out of 10 times they look at me in astonishment and some think i have gone bonkers.I pondered and having thought about it i realised that basic courtesy is a now out of date and ancient practice.today it seems none have the time to smile or at least pretend to smile and rather prefer to scowl and grimace at everyone.something is wrong and something is broken in the chain of evolution somewhere and i am trying to put a finger on it.Everybody is rushing of somewhere in a hurry,they are all off to somewhere and they themselves have no clue as to what is they are running towards to and why they are running towards it.

I used to be proud and am still proud to wear my heart and soul on my sleeve but now i wary and world weary for it is of no use or purpose.Today everyone wears the brand,levis,gucci,guess and armani on their underwears,tees and jeans.they spend thousands,lakhs to display the brand name of their handbags and cell phones.like people flaunting their black berrys and samsung galaxies when in reality they have no one to call to or no one to call them but yet they buy those phones to be acknowledged and accepted.welcome to the age of brands and all aboard soon for those who don't board it will have to stay on the sidelines and be left behind and in peace i hope.Be well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naadagamspain

spain Senior Member
spain
spain

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Life is like an ice-cream...enjoy it before it melts!!

Here's a fun look at what your favourite ice-cream flavour reveals about your own personality:

Butter Pecan

If your favorite flavor is Butter Pecan, you might be characterized as the perfect worker. You are devoted, conscientious, respectful and fiscally conservative. You hold high standards for right and wrong and show integrity in all of your actions. This includes an extreme sensitivity for others' feelings. You aren't one to wear your heart on your sleeve; it takes a little encouragement from close friends and family to share your deepest thoughts.

Chocolate Chip

As a chocolate chip lover, you are competitive and accomplished; no victory is sweet without a little hard work. Although you are competent and ambitious in love and work, you are generous with your time and money, never taking your blessings for granted. Your captivating personality makes you a shining star in social situations.

Coffee

As a coffee lover, you are lively, dramatic and flirtatious – thriving on the passion of the moment. Because you throw yourself into all that you do, you tend to be over-committed, starting new projects without finishing old ones. You tend to become bored by dull relationships and thrive on new and exciting ventures.

Double Chocolate Chunk

If you love Double Chocolate Chunk, you tend to be lively, creative and dramatic. Always the life of the party, you charm everyone you meet with your enthusiasm and sense of style. You enjoy being in the spotlight and prefer to be in the company of friends rather than left alone to reflect on life. You prefer passion and excitement in your romantic relationships, and require a lot of attention from your mate.

Mint Chocolate Chip

As a Mint Chocolate Chip lover, you tend to be ambitious and confident… yet a little skeptical about life. You are a realist who prepares for the future, needing a solid plan to feel secure. While your stubbornness is a business asset, it can add a challenging element to your relationships. Nonetheless, your loyalty, honesty and dependability create lasting friendships and close family ties.

Rocky Road

If you opt for the rich, indulgent taste of Rocky Road, you tend to be a balanced mixture of charm and practicality. While you are outgoing and engaging in social situations, in the business world you tend to be more aggressive and goal-oriented. You enjoy being catered to, and appreciate the finer things in life. You are very sensitive to minor slights and respond best to encouragement rather than criticism.

Strawberry

A love for strawberry reveals a thoughtful, logical person who carefully weighs each option before making decisions. More a follower than a leader, you are content and effective working behind the scenes and out of the limelight. In relationships, you are often characterized as shy and reserved. Although you don't fall head-over-heels in love at first sight, once you commit to a relationship, you are loyal and supportive.

Vanilla

There is nothing plain about Vanilla. In fact, if you love Vanilla, you are actually a colorful, dramatic risk taker who relies more on intuition than logic. Emotionally expressive and idealistic, you tend to set high goals for yourself, and push yourself to meet and exceed them. On the romantic front, you tend to rely on secure romantic relationships that fulfill your emotional needs while working toward future objectives.

naadagams.satishkumar

spain Senior Member
spain
spain

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
More on ICE-CREAM!!

Stock image of 'cookies' ice cream with chocolate topping'

How do you usually eat your ice-cream?
Here is what it reveals about you:

You Nibble It
You are a pretty cautious person. You look before you leap, and you don't leap often. There's a bit of a wild child within you, but it doesn't get out often.

You lick it
You have a wild reputation, but you're not as wild as you seem. You take risks, but only measured risks.

With a spoon
You are incredibly cautious. You rather miss out on something than make a mistake. No one would ever call you wild... but they would call you responsible.

You take big bites
You are the type of person who likes to throw caution to the wind. You only live once, so you're going to live as large as possible. You are definitely a wild one!

s.satishkumar

spain Senior Member
spain
spain

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
ICE-CREAM ETIQUETTE
The No. 1 Rule in Ice-cream Etiquette is - DON'T ask someone to share their ice-cream with you!!
A taste with or without permission is a surefire way to earn a chilly response!Angry

Men's hearts are the hardest to thaw when it comes to sharing ice-creams.
In a survey, 1 in 3 men said it was a complete NO-NO versus 1 in 5 women.

What type of ice-cream eater are you?

The Slow Slurper
You like to savour the flavour and don't care if it melts along the away

The Double Scooper
When it comes to ice-cream, MORE is often better!!

The Speed Eater
Melting is not an option! Ice cream headache be damned!

The Purist
Why waste time on cones when you could eat more ice-cream?

The Fossicker
You head straight for the best bits first, then eat the rest

The Cone Cruncher
Your mission is to get a taste of waffle in every bite

DON'T:

* Lick someone else's ice cream without permission

* Use your fingers to eat - or lick them

* Make slurping noises

* Ask to share another person's ice cream

DO:

* Use your own spoon

* Wrap your cone in a paper napkin/serviette

* Wipe drips off your face

* Keep your ice cream close, waving it about is asking for trouble

Edited by spain - 27 March 2013 at 8:05pm

ac_durgas.satishkumar

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
                    African Proverbs on Beauty

The skin of the leopard is beautiful, but not his heart. ~Baluba proverb
    Ugliness with a good character is better than beauty. ~Nigerian Proverb
    A beautiful one hurts the heart. ~African Proverb
    Anyone who sees beauty and does not look at it will soon be poor. ~Yoruba Proverb
    The surface of the water is beautiful, but it is no good to sleep on. ~Ghanaian Proverb
    If there is character, ugliness becomes beauty; if there is none, beauty becomes ugliness. ~Nigerian Proverb
    You are beautiful, but learn to work, for you cannot eat your beauty. ~Congolese Proverb

Judge not your beauty by the number of people who look at you, but rather by the number of people who smile at you. ~African Proverb
    A pretty face and fine clothes do not make character. ~Congolese Proverb
    Youth is beauty, even in cattle. ~Egyptian Proverb

It's those ugly caterpillars that turn into beautiful butterflies after seasons. ~African Proverb
    The most beautiful fig may contain a worm. ~Zulu Proverb

There is always a winner even in a monkey's beauty contest. ~African Proverb
    Dress up a stick and it'll be a beautiful bride. ~Egyptian Proverb
    An ugly child of your own is more to you than a beautiful one belonging to your neighbor. ~Ganda Proverb
    Even the colors of a chameleon are for survival not beauty. ~African Proverb
    Beautiful discourse is rarer than emerald ~ yet it can be found among the servant girls at the grindstones.

naadagamspain

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
 Interesting Science Facts

It takes 8 minutes 17 seconds for light to travel from the Sun's surface to the Earth.

The Earth spins at 1,000 mph but it travels through space at an incredible 67,000 mph.

Every year, over one million earthquakes shake the Earth.

When a flea jumps, the rate of acceleration is 20 times that of the space shuttle during launch.

Astronauts cannot belch – there is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs

Giraffes often sleep for only 20 minutes in any 24 hours. They may sleep up to 2 hours (in spurts – not all at once), but this is rare. They never lie down.

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body.

An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.

On the day that Alexander Graham Bell was buried the entire US telephone system was shut down for 1 minute in tribute.

Each person sheds 40lbs of skin in his or her lifetime.

The Universe contains over 100 billion galaxies.

More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing

The fastest speed a falling raindrop can hit you is 18mph

Every hour the Universe expands by a billion miles in all directions.

Somewhere in the flicker of a badly tuned TV set is the background radiation from the Big Bang.

Only 11 percent of the earth's surface is used to grow food.

The coldest temperature ever measured on Earth was -129 Fahrenheit (-89 Celsius) at Vostok, Antarctica, on July 21, 1983.

About 70% of the world's fresh water is stored as glacial ice.

Only 3% water of the earth is fresh, rest 97% salted. Of that 3%, over 2% is frozen in ice sheets and glaciers. Means less than 1% fresh water is found in lakes, rivers and underground.

ac_durgaspain

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
When you officially convert Rs. 3 Lacs to Rs. 300 crores you are called Robert Vadra.

When you officially convert Rs 3000 crores to Rs. 3 Lacs you are called Vijay Mallya..

The difference lies between hanging on to the right woman and chasing the wrong ones

spain

Go to top