Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
quotes to ponder and decipher

Dream delivers us to dream, and there is no end to illusion. Life is like a train of moods like a string of beads, and, as we pass through them, they prove to be many-colored lenses which paint the world their own hue.

"One day everything will be well, that is our hope. Everything's fine today, that is our illusion"

We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here."

"Don't believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that - thoughts."

"If it looks real and feels real, do you think it matters if it's real?"

"Liking other people is an illusion we have to cherish in ourselves if we are to live in society."

"You said you were a fairy princess
You said you were a shooting star
You said we'd go to Bora Bora
Now look at where the f**k we are"

"Don't talk to strangers. Don't do drugs. Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. Don't have sex. Wear a condom. Wear sunblock. Wear a seat belt. Wear a helmet. If you see something, say something. Just say no. Stop, drop, and roll. Stop, look, and listen. Look both ways before you cross the street...
Safety is an illusion. Bad things can happen to anyone at any time, whether you follow the rules or not. You can check left, check right, check left again before you step off the curb and into the crosswalk, but that won't stop an anonymous asshole in his shitty pickup from putting you in intensive care..."

"When your heart truly adores somebody,
your mind perceives a halo on that man's head."

"The truth, my friend, is an awesome thing, to be handled with wisdom and with courage denied to ordinary people. Most of us must make do with illusions. Or else -- or else we could not endure."
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for those collection of quotes...very thought-provoking words indeed.

My two cents of thoughts on illusion...
When there is a connection of any sort at the soul level...it feels real.
When that real connection is broken or cut off...it becomes an illusion.
When we understand that it was only an illusion...we feel cheated and we stop believing in it.

But an illusion that which, when we stop believing in it, doesn't go away...
That is reality.

We should be thankful because in reality, kindred spirits do exist at an invisible level.
We cannot see them, we can only feel their presence.

Okay...now my own words are eating up my brains here...
so I'll get back to my ever favourite topic..."Tum Hi Ho"!!

I saw this video the other day, and I told myself if I could sing half as good as this fourteen year old...I would quit my career in a heartbeat and grab the mike instead!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNc5jL5kYfc[/YOUTUBE]

I really wish they had created a duet of this song in the actual movie.
Brings immense peace to the soul. Enjoy!

(He...Arijit Singh is the real playback singer of this song...his beautiful smile and ease of singing is truly heart-melting!!)

Edited by spain - 10 years ago
light_dark thumbnail
                        significance of an individual

Many fortunate people do make intimate relationships which continue until death,and which constitute their major source of happiness.But even the closest relationship is bound to have flaws and disadvantages,and it is often because people do not  accept this that they are more unhappy than they need be,and more inclined to abandon one another.If it is accepted that no relationship is ever ideal,it makes us easier to understand why men and women need other sources of fulfilment.As we have seen,many creative activities are predominantly solitary.They are concerned with self realization and self-fulfilment in isolation, or with finding some coherent pattern in life.The degree to which these creative activities take priority in  the life of an individual varies with his personality and talents.Everyone needs some human relationships; but everyone also needs some kind of fulfilment which is relevant to himself alone.Provided that they have friends and acquaintances.those who are passionately engaged in pursuing interests which are important to them may achieve happiness without having any very close relationships

STORR
light_dark thumbnail
Things that are messy

We take everything for granted.most importantly our loved ones and forget the basic courtesy which is due to them.The wife,replacement mother,resident sex worker,permanent cook and the pillow to vent our angst.to those that follow the above virtues i hope your D...s fall off.

late teens if you are lucky until late forties,those three or four times a day turns to three or four times a week and soon to three or four times a month and soon in a year.well what do you do with that women who is in the house.most pass like ghost ships passing each other in the night.marraige is a necessary bond or evil but rather than bring two of the opposite sexes to procreate and further their genes,wouldnt it be beautiful if they came together in friendship,a person to talk to and share thoughts.

in todays warped world whom can you trust and how do you begin a trustworthy friendship and who the heck has the time.

maybe it is true that men are from mars and women are from venus but real friendship and love can change all that.

Like there is no word hinduism which is just a plural form of saivism,vaishnavism,saktham,gaanapathyam and koumaaram love is just an abstract word to describe the various emotions such as loyalty,gratitude,friendship,passion and physical attraction.

oh utopia,land of perfection what an illusion
light_dark thumbnail
                Prayer prayer on my knees and on my feet
              folded hands anxious and at the edge of the seat
                i whispered my thoughts and fears to him
               and he whispered back deep in my mind
              call it two halves of my brain,call it the conscience
           the whispers calmed me and i grew strong on my madness and prayer

Every now and then and offlate it seems every other day i look up to the sky and search for him for i have been out of quality work and getting by on small ads which should suffice you might say.But the sand of time are eroding my years and strength and that really puts the fears up my bony arse.So lately rather than say my prayers that is just chanting sanskrit slokas,half of which i have no understanding i start my day and go on as usual in despair surviving.There is one whisper who teases me with these scary and wicked taunts saying dude,chill just a few decades more and it will be done and you can be at peace for only in death is there true happiness.

And still there is another whisper which screams like thunder saying god has given you everything and yet you wont fight and achieve what you are capable of and soon time will run out and the only thing you will achieve is brand new dentures and a walker.that hurts.

so i decided that i would really talk from my heart to these gods i have been praying to all these years.damn it i ended up talking to the whole bloody gang.i started talking to shiva and soon i had to include shakti and ganesha for i didnt want to leave them out of this family problem.the family means me and them.weird but still time left for the loony bin.

well i prayed for more movie roles,better tv serial offers and lot of national ads and soon very soon i thought to myself what the f..k.dont you or them have better things to do with your time for at least they do and more people in real and dire need to attend to.

sheepishly i said ok but what about my wishlist to which the voice whispered take the wishlist and shove it where the sun dont shine.oops now that hurt for i knew god would not use those foul words or would he.maybe if i really tested his patience.

But in the end i felt better about myself and realised that prayer can calm you,make you see things in the real perspective and most importantly make you feel thankful for what has been given to me and you.so i decided that i wont pray anymore for my prayers could clog up and add to the burden of the long list of prayers god has already.prayers from orphans,from souls dying of cancer,molested children,rape victims and most politicians who are thinking of ways to make more money.couldnt resist that.prayers for real friends who care and love you.now i think i have lots of those so i can sign off for the day and go about posting nasty jokes on sardar and bihari potty problems.
light_dark thumbnail
                          CHENNAI EXPRESS

I saw chennai express on tata sky showcase.I liked the film,it was decent and a great timepass film.God if one went by all the reviews and how the film got 1 star out of 5,1 star out of 4 you would have thought that the film was crap which it was not.And pray tell me who are these monkeys who rate and give stars to films.Let me inform those critics or pretending to be critics that the people have given a big thumbs up to the film and it has made more than 350 crores at the box-office.Now not 100,or 200 but 350 crores.why do you think so many people watched it and me thinks it is firstly because we love shah rukh khan,secondly deepika looks great and has acted well and lastly because they know that rohit shetty will give them a good timepass family film.

There seems to be this hate wave flowing against shah rukh for the past few years and even when he stays out of controversies and is supposed to be a down to earth person.Maybe they dont like his success or just that hate him cos the whole of india loves him even when he hams and sniggers with a lop sided smile.Starting from baazigar and darr people hailed shah rukh as the answer to inherit amitabh's mantle and while he didnt live upto mr.lambu's heights shah rukh never declared that he is going to take up the mantle and then people are dissapointed with him.We have to come to terms and make peace with the film industry in general and accept the fact that there are no more great stories to be told but only the rehash of old and cliched plots.Maybe the screenplay can be tinkered and made to suit todays actors but the hard cold fact is great cinema stories cannot be made anymore just because nobody will go to watch it.really but great timepass films can be made and will go on probably to make 300 crores or 400 or even 500 crores.but that is today and it can be done with the amount of publicity and product placement done for and in the films.

But coming back to the film chennai express i had eyes only for deepika padukone who looked better and acted better than shah rukh khan who could have done his in his sleep or maybe in a coma.We expect so much from films and build ourselves or let ourselves be dragged into the hype and hysteria and then if we dont like it we rip it to shreds.a film my friends is just a film in the end.

In todays climate and when you look around the films that have made money in the past few years you notice it is star power and only the stars who bring in the crowd.DABAANG,READY,BODYGUARD,EK THA TIGER,WANTED were salman's big hits and they made so much money because of salman and his fans.they might not have great stories and yet they were huge blockbusters.so it shows that there is a market for even mediocre and ordinary timepass films.so the junta is made up of these like minded people and there is nothing wrong in it.

Inthe end we have to accept that great stories dont guarantee big hits but great perfomances might just do the trick and even if that fails great marketing and packaging will do it.Life itself is an illusion so then why do we bitch and crib when we thought was great film turns out to be just that.
spain thumbnail
You watched "Chennai Express" and you actually liked it?! 😲
Really?

Yay!! I'm glad my Shahrukh is finally back in form!!
And I'm happy everyone enjoyed his "Chennai Express" too...

I swear I felt like murdering him when I saw him in "Jab Tak Hai Jaan"...
I thought he was headed for career-suicide...
but I'm glad he came back with "Chennai Express"

I knew all along Deepika would outshine him -
but by losing out to his heroine, Shahrukh always ends up as the winner.
Right from the beginning of his production house, he always made his heroines look gorgeous and act well.
"One 2 Ka 4" was a flop, but Shahrukh-Juhi Chawla pair was the best I had ever seen in that movie.
Juhi was apparently pregnant while shooting for this film, but she and Shahrukh made me laugh so much...I cried.
I miss their pair very much.

"Asoka" flopped, but Kareena Kapoor stood out.
"Chalte Chalte" was average, but Rani Mukherji looked stunning.
"Main Hoon Na" was a hit, and Sushmita Sen looked sensational.
And Deepika looked and acted well in both "Om Shanti Om" and "Chennai Express". Both are blockbusters.
They all come from Shahrukh's production house.

Not to mention he is the king of romance too.

If you liked "Chennai Express", you may like "Raja Rani" too...
but I doubt if that movie is your cup of tea.

Meanwhile, I listen to "Tum Hi Ho" (Aashiqui 2) - "Imaye Imaye" (Raja Rani) - "Titli" (Chennai Express) back-to-back everyday.

My 15-month-old nephew, on the other hand, listens only to "Lungi Dance" and "One two three four" (from Chennai Express") day and night, esp while drinking from his milk bottle! πŸ˜†Edited by spain - 10 years ago
light_dark thumbnail
        Operator: Hello Pizza Hut!

Customer: Hello, can you please take my order?

Operator : Can I have your Aadhar card number first, Sir?

Customer: Yeah !  Hold on...
                            My number is 889861356102049998-45-54610

Operator : OK... you're... Mr Singh and you're calling from 17 Jalan Kayu. Your home number is 40942366, your office 76452302 and your
        mobile is 0142662566. You are calling from your home number now.

Customer: (Astonished) How did you get all my phone numbers?

Operator : We are connected to the system, Sir.

Customer: I wish to order your Seafood Pizza...

Operator : That's not a good idea Sir.

Customer: How come?

Operator : According to your medical records, you have high blood pressure and even higher cholesterol level, sir.

Customer: What?... What do you recommend then?

Operator : Try our Low Fat Hokkien Mee Pizza. You'll like it.

Customer: How do you know for sure?

Operator : You borrowed a book titled 'Popular Hokkien Dishes' from the National Library last week, sir.

Customer: OK I give up... Give me three family size ones then.

Operator : That should be enough for your family of 10, Sir. The total is Rs. 2,450.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Operator : I'm afraid you have to pay us cash, Sir. Your credit card is over the limit and you owe your bank Rs. 1,51,758 since October
        last year. That's not including the late payment charges on your housing loan, Sir.

Customer: I guess I have to run to the neighbourhood ATM and withdraw some cash before your guy arrives.

Operator : You can't Sir. Based on the records, you've exhausted even your overdraft limit.

Customer: Never mind just send the pizzas, I'll have the cash ready.  How long is it going to take anyway?

Operator : About 45 minutes Sir, but if you can't wait you can always come and collect it on your motorcycle.

Customer: What?

Operator : According to the details in the system , you own a motorcycle registration number 1123.

Customer: "????" (hmmm.. these guys know my motorcyle number too!)

Operator : Is there anything else, sir?

Customer: Nothing.! .. by the way... aren't you giving me that 3 free bottles of cola as advertised?

Operator : We normally would sir, but based on your records, you're also diabetic... In the best interest of your health, we are holding
        this offer for you.

Customer: teri maa ki ... You ...@!)))

Operator: Better mind your language sir. Remember on 15th July 2007 you were imprisoned for 2 months and fined Rs.5,000 for using abusive
        language against a policeman...?
        ( wife sitting by the side, looks to be a disturbed person and asks: Hai Rabbaa,Tab To Yeh Mere Baare Mein Bhi Jaantaa Hogaa ?)

Operator: Your wife is right, she developed an affair with our delivery man, who last visited your place, now he is promoted to manager, CAN I BRING TODAY'S DELIVERY???

Customer faints... aur banao Aadhar Card...!

light_dark thumbnail
                                        love of my life

Hands entwined and in the joys of youth they met and lived the fullest
              Even as age caught up and broke their unsurmoutable wall of love
             and hands riddled with aches that plague older souls
            they shuffled entwined and connected in their souls
             the fall of his or her shadow was the shade and they shielded themselves
              until she passed on and cast no more shadows to protect him
              so he lay her among the flowers and in the womb of the soil in his garden
              and everyday he bathed her even though she was six feet under
             soon the green became greener and the flowers grew more colorful
            he lay his body among the bed of grass and she came upto him and spread
             and entwined her arms.she was happy for now she ahd thousands of blades of grass
             to hold him and cherish him.
              even now her spirit crept and poured into the trees and they bent over to shade him
              and then the moment came and he left and she slowly covered him more and dragged him down under
               and once again they were together not just two bodies but atom in atom and molecule in molecule

satish
spain thumbnail
I must tell about this man I met at work today.

A nice, well-built man in his early 50s walked into the Emergency room and sat up on the bed.
The nurse told him to change to the hospital gown and lie down. The doctor will come and see him soon.

Well, I didn't see him so soon.
I had to sort out some very sick patients first.
By the time I came to him, he looked very irritated and annoyed.
"Just give me some strong pain killer for my splitting headache and I'll go home and have my tea. I don't want to waste my time waiting here."...he growled at me.

I apologised to him.
(Imagine the irony of my situation here😳...apologise to him for what??? For wasting my time and the hospital's time!?)

Well, I kept my professional manners intact and asked him what the problem was.
He came with a letter sent by his family doctor. He had acute sinusitis with worsening headache, which did not improve with pain killers and antibiotics. His family doctor was concerned he may have a more serious problem and had requested me to do a CT brain for him.

So I arranged for him to have a CT brain and gave him a strong pain killer.
I examined him and apart from his sinusitis and the headache it causes...I couldn't find anything wrong with him. I told him once he got the scan done, he could go home to his wife and follow up with his family doctor.
By this time, the pain killer kicked in and he was feeling better.
He looked less annoyed and he gave me a big smile...he had a lovely smile. He apologised for his abrupt behaviour too.

While he got his scan done, I continued to see other patients.
Half an hour later, I saw his CT images and report.
It was written in bold letters: "small meningioma seen in right parietal region. chronic sinusitis present in left ethmoid bone."
I discussed with my boss and the neurosurgeon.

I came back to him. He was smiling like a 1000 watt bulb.
"Hey, look at me...my headache is gone now and I feel great!! Thanks for all your help. I'll go home now and have my tea."

I said, "Hold on...before you go home, I need to talk about your scan report.
I have some good news and some bad news."

His beautiful smile disappeared and he became apprehensive.
He composed himself bravely and said "Give me the bad news first."
"You have a small brain tumour inside your head" I told him.

He stared at me...as if I just cracked the worst joke. Except I wasn't joking.
I could tell he was shocked.

Then I gave him the good news..."The good news is it's only 9 mm!!"
I said those words so cheerfully, he looked at me in horror...

"How the hell is that suppose to make me feel better...you just brought back my headache again!!"

By this time, I broke into laughter. "The secretary actually made a typing error on the scan report. She wrote the tumour size as 90mm, instead of 9 mm. 90 mm is 9 cm...you would be in very critical condition if you had a 9 cm tumour inside ur head, you know!!"

He laughed with me. "Oh, 9 mm is not so bad as 9 cm...I didn't think of it that way..."
Actually, he laughed with tears in his eyes...happy tears.

I reassured him he was not in any danger, it was only an incidental finding, and to follow up with his family doctor and the neurosurgeon. He thanked me and left the hospital.

It is amazing to see how people walk into the hospital with such a strange attitude...that they have everything under control...only to be humbled that they can actually leave the hospital alive without losing their life!!
One numerical digit on one scan report can literally turn one's life upside down.

Have gratitude for what you have in your life - it is priceless compared to what you wish for.

Advanced wishes for a wonderful Diwali!!😊Edited by spain - 10 years ago