Page 6 of 8

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 8
Page 7 Page 8

kanak.

kanak.

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Yes,but I heard the latest Ramayan is bad...showing people like Lakshman in poor light I heard.

Exactly its complete nonsense, sadly coming out from the same production house who gave us our first Ramayan. Promos are enough to know the quality of that show. I never understand why do they have to keep making it. Sorry but today's actors just don't have it in them to play such idealistic characters, they just look fake, trying hard to be nice.

I love mythology, I have seen good, bad and ugly adaptations be it films or tv shows in the past. But when even Ramayan came as a daily soap I just had to quit.

I used to watch Om Namah Shivay, I know Yashodhan married the actress who played Parvati in the show. They later got divorced. The title song was very impressive, I don't know how to put it in words, it had silhouette of lord Shiv filled with fire doing semi-classical dance with Om Mamah Sivay being sung in the background.

Edit: I found the video

Are we going off-topic??

Edited by kanak. - 28 February 2013 at 11:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

visrom

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Yashodhan Rana in CID (Page 6)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chiinnu

Yes,but I heard the latest Ramayan is bad...showing people like Lakshman in poor light I heard.

I love mytho shows as long as they avoid adding their own brain to it.

But I haven't seen Om Namah Shivaya...not sure when it was originally airedbut I remember i had to avoid it because of exams and studies.

Big smile
He was there in ONS.
But there is no chance that you miss this one dear. Those days this was the trend setter and most of us were watching dooradarshan and Shaktiman then.Tongue

I remember well Chinnu. I had to avoid Shaktimaan partcularly because I got less marks in one exam and TV was banned in my house. LOL If Om Namah Shivaya was around the same time, this is the reason I didn't watch it.

Kanak, its ok...its about an actor who has acted in a mytho show...this is how discussions happen. If we be too rigid, everyone goes silent.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Btw...wasn't Shaktimaan and ONS around 1996-97??

I was already into cable tv by then...Zee tv, Campus, Just Mohabbat etc had entered my life by then..because of that cable wire, DD would be grainy on my tv..so ONS went into the back burner.

kanak.

kanak.

Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:46pm | IP Logged

Btw...wasn't Shaktimaan and ONS around 1996-97??

Yes, I guess both were on air around 96-97.

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 01 March 2013 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Shaktimaan was definitely in 1997 ... Never missed an episode. My cousin and I had been addicted to this.. he used to refuse to go into a dark room because the main villain Kilvish used to say 'Andhera kayam rahega" LOL LOL

Though yes I haven't seen Yashodhan Rana ... let's see how it is .. no hopes with the episode anyways !!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 01 March 2013 at 12:30am | IP Logged
They are not doing justice to any veteran actor. I was so eager to see Firoze Khan...and they made a mess of that episode...Unhappy

iMini

IF-Sizzlerz

iMini

Posted: 01 March 2013 at 1:01am | IP Logged
ONS reruns were aired alot of time
96-97 are years i wasnt even present on the divine mother earth lol
i never watched shaktimaan onDD1..i watched it when it aired on POGO in 2006-7.the only show i crazily followed on DD1 till date was aankhein

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 01 March 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged

They are not doing justice to any veteran actor. I was so eager to see Firoze Khan...and they made a mess of that episode...Unhappy

Exactly ... veteran actors like these would have been utilised really well if it was the 2003-2006 era ... now the writers can't write a script with these people ... they'll be given quite unimportant roles !!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

CID Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.