Debate Mansion

When will INDIA become the trendsetter? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 20

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Baazigar.

@ .Baazigar...you have a point, but aren't market forces especially of consumer goods controlled by 'trendsetters'?

If someone prefer to eat sometime like chowmin , pizza over idli or say chole bhature that does not mean he like the food of Chinese , Italy or want to be a Chinese or aspire to live Chinese life. When the world become small all these culture amalgamate each other. 

Yes companies from  US influence the decision making and buying habit of consumers . When a coke or pepsi became popular that does not mean people drink that by looking at west or it is western trend setting. Many indigenous products were already there in past, so market is already there. They just create a establish network of distribution, manufacturing , network of manpower. then aquire all existing brands with shrewd monopolistic strategy  and then market products , infact all their activity start from consumer behavior and how to influence that. so in food product or anything there is a need already exist they cater the need on their own way. Each and every product was there in the market before HUL or P&G came to indian market. In fact people just watch a hollywood movie just like any bollywood movie or any regional movie and nothing in special way that too who were acquainted in English. US is negligible in consumer goods manufacturing , it just catering existing trends.

What are the existing trends  influenced by? Existing trends established by whom?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When will INDIA become the trendsetter? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

1-Me LOL
Nice name, did I just see you getting annoyed on that closed thread when someone mentioned it on some forums? no offence but LOL pretty dumb right? if you gave it away yourself, then you excepting some losers to not stalk.. I click on profiles too, it does not mean stalking

2-I'm confused by your question...are you saying because we aren't present during a specific time in history, we shouldn't have opinions about events, places, people during said time? Or that we should take everything with a grain of salt..
it was pretty simple what I wrote, I would not claim to know something for  a fact based on some reading material available
if you are confused by above again, sorry cant help you furtherLOL
And are you assuming what we're told today by the press is the truth in its entirety, if at all, with no filtering? Wishful thinking, I could use the real gossip for some laughs. LOL
where did I say that it is free today?, but some people try, look at yourself trying to express opinions about everything hereLOL and have a laugh, its not a bad thing at all

1-So you mistook my sarcasm for annoyance and thought it good enough reason to reach some nonsensical conclusion. They say there is usually more to the story, which happens to be the case here. Judgements based on assumptions. Pretty dumb indeed.LOL

2-Seems like you're hung up on the difference between fact and opinion.

Yes, I laugh at myself everyday...truly enjoyable. Even more enjoyable than reading some of these backhanded comments. But I agree with you, this should stop here. Though I'm still trying to figure out what you were debating. Sounded like some venom needed to be spewed, happens. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNummoomin4455boreddamsel-Chandramukhi-

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Maybe I didn't understand the topic.
I feel India is indeed a trendsetter. 

Yoga is a worldwide phenomenon.
So is curry, lassi, nan, dosa .. and the likes.
So is the number zero!
So is spirituality and meditation.
Every dance event definitely plays a Bollywood song! 
Go to any Indian festival celebrated around the world, you will see a significant number of non-desis wearing sarees and kurtas.
Go to any Indian concert, you will see a significant number of non-desis there too!
People are in awe of our culture and our diversity. 

I am sorry I haven't read the other replies, but I do think India is a trendsetter. 

Then again, I think it boils down to how big the influenced crowd is. According to me, if at least if a significant amount of people are influenced by something .. then that something is a trendsetter. 

But at the end of the day, people wear what they feel comfortable in (or adhere to rules), they eat what they crave (unless someone else cooks for them) and they listen to music that they like (unless they are in a public place where music is blasting).

Edited by boreddamsel - 07 March 2013 at 9:58am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum-Aarya-moomin4455uniqueblueroseFairyLiquidSoap

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by boreddamsel

Maybe I didn't understand the topic.
I feel India is indeed a trendsetter. 

Yoga is a worldwide phenomenon.
So is curry, lassi, nan, dosa .. and the likes.
So is the number zero!
So is spirituality and meditation.
Every dance event definitely plays a Bollywood song! 
Go to any Indian festival celebrated around the world, you will see a significant number of non-desis wearing sarees and kurtas.
Go to any Indian concert, you will see a significant number of non-desis there too!
People are in awe of our culture and our diversity. 

I am sorry I haven't read the other replies, but I do think India is a trendsetter. 

Then again, I think it boils down to how big the influenced crowd is. According to me, if at least if a significant amount of people are influenced by something .. then that something is a trendsetter. 

But at the end of the day, people wear what they feel comfortable in (or adhere to rules), they eat what they crave (unless someone else cooks for them) and they listen to music that they like (unless they are in a public place where music is blasting).

great points!

i also think  there's a distinction between passing fancies or fads, and deep-rooted trends. Good marketing can help start a fad, but the product has to fulfill certain needs people have for it to become successful in the long run. Indian trends have generally sustained, other than the polka dots and the tie-dye kurtas. OK, we did not do too well with the big wide colorful ties either, or the hash chillum, but that's because the hippies broke up and became gordon gekkos.LOL .  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamselFairyLiquidSoap

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

1-Me LOL
Nice name, did I just see you getting annoyed on that closed thread when someone mentioned it on some forums? no offence but LOL pretty dumb right? if you gave it away yourself, then you excepting some losers to not stalk.. I click on profiles too, it does not mean stalking

2-I'm confused by your question...are you saying because we aren't present during a specific time in history, we shouldn't have opinions about events, places, people during said time? Or that we should take everything with a grain of salt..
it was pretty simple what I wrote, I would not claim to know something for  a fact based on some reading material available
And are you assuming what we're told today by the press is the truth in its entirety, if at all, with no filtering? Wishful thinking, I could use the real gossip for some laughs. LOL
where did I say that it is free today?, but some people try, look at yourself trying to express opinions about everything hereLOL and have a laugh, its not a bad thing at all

1-So you mistook my sarcasm for annoyance and thought it good enough reason to reach some nonsensical conclusion. They say there is usually more to the story, which happens to be the case here. Judgements based on assumptions. Pretty dumb indeed.LOL

Yes, I laugh at myself everyday...truly enjoyable. Even more enjoyable than reading some of these backhanded comments. But I agree with you, this should stop here. Though I'm still trying to figure out what you were debating. Sounded like some venom needed to be spewed, happens. LOL

hadn't read this yet..
it sounded childish annoyance.. i take things at their face value.. you can defend to your death what it was..i will hold my opinion.
what are you hung up on exactly?
we are not at the same level... the ones who are full of venom can only see venom around them.

Edited by lonely0planet - 14 March 2013 at 6:04am

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by McNinja

1-Me LOL

hadn't read this yet..
Really Ninja? dont think i went to that level...or will.. looks like you have garnered some cheap supporters for yourself by posting your pics etc.. I am finding you Cheap really...
birdie what are you sore for?...overtly supporting isn't classy dear?
 dont bother replying, im not going to read now...

I haven't replied to you directly about your behaviour yet. And no I am not a cheap supporter of anyone. And what do pictures have to do with it? I'm a woman - Mehak's pictures have no effect on me. I know her already..I don't know what you're talking about???

I have no idea what the problem is here, but obviously you feel targeted in  some way. However, I feel that your replies have frankly been a little rude.

I apologise personally if I have directly offended you - I don't think I have said anything that is personally insulting. 

I really have no idea what it is that you want people to say or how you want them to behave??

Edited by moomin4455 - 07 March 2013 at 11:19am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNumLovelyPlanetboreddamselMcNinja-Chandramukhi-

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 11:46am | IP Logged
@mommin Thanks Bim but it appears to me some people can dish it out any which way they want, but cry foul when it's dished back to them the same. If someone wants to call me crude names, then sure. I'm not here to impress anyone. I laugh it off and will continue to do so, call it as cheap as they may.

Chal bhey, don't lie. My pics and their cheap purpose pinch you to the core as K would say. LOL

I'd like to apologize to Birdie for being drawn into this cheap business. Rest assured,  we know better than judge your character as cheap based on a username and some posts here and there LOL

Edited by McNinja - 07 March 2013 at 12:01pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamsel-Chandramukhi-

FairyLiquidSoap

IF-Sizzlerz

FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged
@ lonely planet
what does one look like got to do with expressing opinion or oh good gracious are you a throwback who thinks women use their looks to pimp their opinions in which case you really need to introspect
FYI this is no dating site or for that matter some alternate lifestyle dating site where women yeah  i say women that is who are the majority here who are going to be swayed by some pretty face like a man This is an entertainment portal and i can go on reams about what i think of it but wont
what utter crap you write just to escape an opinion you are unable to rebut

Edited by FairyLiquidSoap - 07 March 2013 at 11:51am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamselMcNinja-Chandramukhi-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top