Debate Mansion

When will INDIA become the trendsetter? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 20

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 February 2013 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

Originally posted by King-Anu

Originally posted by zorrro

The primary reason for wearing clothes is protecting ownself from extremes of weather. Then there are many other factors.

If that is  so then people in warm countries like India should have been wearing shorter and more revealing clothes . what we see is that people from colder climates instead wear shorter dresses Geek

Gol maal hai bhai saaab Gol Mal hai--- Wacko

The reasons behind wearing clothes could be

- weather
- culture
- religion
- covering certain parts
- fashion
- comfort
- requirement like in office

short and long maybe more related to culture, religion, fashion, comfort than lets say weather. note that in cold climate people do wear less revealing dresses.

It's nothing but a social more. Imagine if clothes were never part of the accepted norm. Nudists would point to the clothed ones as the outcasts LOL

Remember,...We're all just nudists in disguiseWinkBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

McNinja

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When will INDIA become the trendsetter? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 20 February 2013 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

It's nothing but a social more. Imagine if clothes were never part of the accepted norm. Nudists would point to the clothed ones as the outcasts LOL

Haha very true. LOL

Just another way we're being fooled as consumers. 

Vinzy

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 February 2013 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Prometeus

Haha very true. LOL

Just another way we're being fooled as consumers. 
^LOLhehe..

Abt dressing ,its all about paying respect to the people around you..the way you look gives people an opportunity to draw a conclusion,people dont judge/bother what u wearing inside lol cos we all are judgemental..,As King-Anu said,its all depend on our culture and customs of that place/mood!Smile

Edited by Prometeus - 20 February 2013 at 10:47pm

Forever-KA

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 21 February 2013 at 10:53am | IP Logged

thank Heavens we're not being trendsetters when it comes to clothes. Can you imagine how western chicks would look in indian clothes? GypsiesLOL 

actually only indian women look good in indian clothes.Smile

LeadNitrate

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 21 February 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

great topic. i understand the need for indian women to wear western clothes for comfort and to blend in. No issues there, but it's silly if they wear western clothes thinking they actually look very pretty in them. Western clothes and hips that stick out don't go well together.Smile

What an indepth and thought provoking analysis. lol. So "hips that stick out" should be the reason Indian women not wear western clothes. I dont think topic starter was thinking on those lines.

And what should be the equivalent point in case of men? Why should desi men not wear shorts? because of Anil Kapoor like hair all over? lol.

oh thank you.LOL

hey, i'd go with a hairy James Bond any day than a chikna salman khan or a shahrukh khan. I think guys should be masculine, not girlie-like. Of course AK is an exception. But then aren't gorillas a different species altogether?.LOL

Forever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 21 February 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by zorrro

I agree. Still "more" came from "kisi ore". That ore was points that I mentioned. lol.

Now you imagine David Dhawan without clothes. This is another use of clothes. to protect your eyes for visual disturbance.

oh thank you.LOL

hey, i'd go with a hairy James Bond any day than a chikna salman khan or a shahrukh khan. I think guys should be masculine, not girlie-like. Of course AK is an exception. But then aren't gorillas a different species altogether?.LOL

well i wont go with either. lol. i dont want to go there. let girls sort it out what they like. lol.

Yes AK is a living proof in support of evolution. We now just need to figure out how big bang ended up as ape. lol.

Edited by King-Anu - 21 February 2013 at 9:28pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNumLovelyPlanetMcNinja

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 22 February 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged

Wasn't India a trendsetter of sorts when Slumdog Millionaire became a global phenomenon? It popularized Bollywood films, Bollywood outfits and Bollywood dancing across the globe. So many westerners also now have Bollywood dancing at their weddings. So many western dance shows are having Bollywood dances.

India has also set trends in the culinary world. Chicken Tikka masala, doner kebab and the most awesome curry fries are quintessential British pub grub that is inspired by Indian trends. Indian food is trendy and popular in the states also. Drinking Chai tea and chai tea lattes is the in thing amidst hipsters, all inspired by desi chai.

Yoga is a global trend. People around the world are enjoying Hot Yoga. That's also a trend from India. Many "green" and "anti-Pharmaceutical" people are turning to alternative medicines like ayurvedic herbal cures or homeopathy, again trends with Indian roots.

When Ravi Shankar taught George Lennon the sitar, the sitar became a trendy instrument. Ravi Shankar was a legend in many indie music circuits and there are many indie bands influence by sitar , tabla and classical Indian beats.

If we look at history India has set trends in arts, architecture, culture etc.

So I don't get where we conclude that India is not a trend setter. Perhaps by myopically narrowing down on "fashion" as the only place where one can set trends, you're perspectives have been whitewashed by western influences. :P

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24LeadNitrate_Angie_

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 22 February 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged

forget just trends. We gave the world things like kama-sutra, important things that go beyond mere trends and get to matters of lifestyleLOL. We also gave the world a new way to make a living ie. po*n industry. Thanks to our long hot climate.LOL

personally i think western females look better in revealing fashion, whereas Indian women look better when such revelations are left for the imagination. So i am glad the twain dont meet in terms of fashion.

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 22 February 2013 at 10:18am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top