Debate Mansion

When will INDIA become the trendsetter? (Page 20)

Post Reply New Post

Page 20 of 20

Page 1 Page 19
Page   of 20

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

Right, can we get back to the debate and declare that the US is the global trendsetter for now...and if India wants to be a trendsetter it should become a US clone, or the 51st state if one prefers? LOL
and whoever tried to become 51st state of US.. they are called Africans nowWink

thank god no one is buying this ideaSmile

Edited by lonely0planet - 25 March 2013 at 12:51pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When will INDIA become the trendsetter? (Page 20)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by King-Anu

LOLLOLLOL.. lets stick to humour.. it works well for everyone
totally ingenious

lol..brain transplant ..notice that after getting amar's (mithun) brain aasha's (heroine) hair style also changed to amar's.

Edited by King-Anu - 24 March 2013 at 8:25pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lonely0planet

LOLLOLLOL.. lets stick to humour.. it works well for everyone
totally ingenious

lol..brain transplant ..notice that after getting amar's (mithun) brain aasha's (heroine) hair style also changed to amar's.
LOLLOLLOL
this one is logical though, her head had to be shaved off for the transplant and then the only wigs available in those times were.. LOLLOL
do you know more like this? LOL.. let me dig out sthing as well

Forever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

Oh bollywood has provided treatment options for many of the serious illnesses. Long before brain transplant was mastered by Kader Khan and Suresh Oberoi, one of the greatest actor of all time (manoj Kumar) discovered a common remedy for Angina.

LovelyPlanet

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged
When it will have English as its ONLY language of communication.

moomin4455

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Last summer in India I was shopping and I was wearing a salwar kurta and bindi. A girl wearing jeans and tshirt saw me and she laughed because I didn't look "modern". Here comes the irony...I live in America...I have been living here since I was 4! That girl thought she was more "modern" than me...she was copying the trend of where I am from...she was copying what I wear all the time without making a big deal out of it.

So what is "modern" in terms of Indian mentality? Modern means to wear tshirt and jeans. To have a fake accent and make fun of your own culture. I call that kind of behavior a "wanna be", insecure of who you are and feeling inferiority complex. The meaning of modern is completely different from what modern really is.

I think being modern has to do with the way you think...not how you dress. I consider people to be modern if they don't differentiate between genders, religions, skin colors, castes, class, and race. If you can think this way then you are modern.

Here in America, many things of India are getting popular such as henna (mehendi), bollywood dancing, nose pierce/rings, people even rent sarees and salwar kurtas for parties. So would that girl who made fun of me also consider these Americans also as not modern?

I'm not saying that Indians shouldn't wear western clothing...I'm just saying that don't forget your own culture and learn to respect it. To become modern, you have to change the way you think...not they way you dress!

delhi2lahorekar

delhi2lahorekar

delhi2lahorekar

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shweta2728

Last summer in India I was shopping and I was wearing a salwar kurta and bindi. A girl wearing jeans and tshirt saw me and she laughed because I didn't look "modern". Here comes the irony...I live in America...I have been living here since I was 4! That girl thought she was more "modern" than me...she was copying the trend of where I am from...she was copying what I wear all the time without making a big deal out of it.

So what is "modern" in terms of Indian mentality? Modern means to wear tshirt and jeans. To have a fake accent and make fun of your own culture. I call that kind of behavior a "wanna be", insecure of who you are and feeling inferiority complex. The meaning of modern is completely different from what modern really is.

I think being modern has to do with the way you think...not how you dress. I consider people to be modern if they don't differentiate between genders, religions, skin colors, castes, class, and race. If you can think this way then you are modern.

Here in America, many things of India are getting popular such as henna (mehendi), bollywood dancing, nose pierce/rings, people even rent sarees and salwar kurtas for parties. So would that girl who made fun of me also consider these Americans also as not modern?

I'm not saying that Indians shouldn't wear western clothing...I'm just saying that don't forget your own culture and learn to respect it. To become modern, you have to change the way you think...not they way you dress!

haan yaar shweta i agree with you. I dn't know why us Indians have such an inferiority complex. why can't we be cool with wearing salwar kameez and being proud of our culture like with mehndi ans bindi. I find my white friends know more about our culture, sometimes history and like to do meditation more than some Indian youth. yeh sahi baat nahi hai. 

You're right. In teh west bollywood dancing is famous and lot of western girls have taken it up. I have noticed this. And if you do see a woman in public wear salwar kameez she is more likely to be Pakistani than Indian.

Being modern is more about your thought rather than what you wear. People in US may wear shirts and jeans but be really traditional in their thought.

Edited by delhi2lahorekar - 13 September 2013 at 4:53pm

shweta2728

Post Reply New Post

Go to top