Savitri

||Savitri Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 04 April 2013 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Angad Hasija to make his exit from Life OK's Savitri!

Angad Hasija to make his exit from Life OK's Savitri!

4 hours ago
Angad Hasija returned to TV screen after his impressive stint in Colors' Phulwa with Flying Turtles's Savitri on Life OK playing the character of Dev, a police officer. But as it was a cameo role, it's now time for the actor to bid adieu to the show.  

Sources informed about the same, "As Dev is helping both Savitri ( Riddhi Dogra) and Satya ( Yash Pandit) to come together, Rahukaal (Krip Suri) will plan to eradicate Dev from the Satya-Savitri's life".

The source added, "Eventually Rahukaal will kill Dev." His death will bring an end to the cameo and Angad Hasija's character will mark an exit from the show. This particular sequence will be shot before 6th of April and will accordingly telecast in the coming days.

On being contacted, Angad Hasija said, "I don't have any clear idea on the same till now. I will get clear within few days."

We hope he bags some full-fledged role soon!

Source: TNN

Edited by deboleena.manna - 04 April 2013 at 4:07am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "||Savitri Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| (Page 4)" in Savitri forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 2:08am | IP Logged
I've never been treated so badly in my career: Angad Hasija
Kavita Awaasthi, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, April 05, 2013

Angad Hasija is angry, disappointed and hurt. The actor was apparently promised a lead role in Life Ok's new show, Savitri, and after waiting for six months, all he got is a small role that will end soon. A source reveals that Angad had signed up for Savitri in September, after giving up the 
chance to be on a big reality show and two Punjabi films.

"In the following three months, he shot for 15 days each. Usually, a lead actor shoots for more than 25 days a month. He wasn't even given a minimum guarantee fee that most popular actors get every month," says the source.

Angad is angry with reports that suggest his role was just a cameo. He says, "I feel what I've done is a waste. I've never been treated so badly in my career. I was told that I am the lead and that I would be on the show from the second episode."

The channel also promised the actor that he would be given enough visibility during the promotions. "But I'm nowhere to be seen on the hoardings, nor is my character prominent in the show anymore. Had it been any other actor, he would have left by now," says Angad.

A month ago, the actor gave the channel his notice to quit. After getting no response from them, he had to send another one. Now his character will soon be killed by the villain, Rahu Kaal.

Commenting on Angad's statement, Pratik Seal, marketing head, Life Ok, says, "It's unfortunate that he sees it that way. The leads in the show are Savitri, her husband Satyavan and Rahu Kaal. Angad's role is that of a cop who helps Savitri when her husband is kidnapped. It is a prominent role. The story was always supposed to be this way."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Television/I-ve-never-been-treated-so-badly-in-my-career-Angad-Hasija/Article1-1037795.aspx

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged

"We might get my statue home.": Ridhi Dogra Vashisth

TellyBuzz in conversation with Ridhi Dogra on the statue made of her for the showSavitri...

Sunday, April 07, 2013 | 1:55:50 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |  Comments 0 Comments  |  203 Views

The gorgeous Ridhi Dogra Vashisht who is seen playing the role of Savitri in Shabbir Ahluwalia's Flying Turtles Films' supernatural daily television show Savitri on Life OK is excited about the statue of her made in the show. 

An elated Ridhi said,"It is a huge, beautiful statue which is magnificently made. It is so much like me and I love it. Every time I see it I feel proud. The first time I saw it I was totally taken aback with its beauty. It is worth appreciating and admiring everyday (smiles)."

She further added, "The statue was taken to Gujarat for our shooting, I was scared that it might break as it has to be taken a long way. But it was strong enough that we took it there, brought it back to Mumbai  in perfect condition without a scratch on it."

"When my husband Raqesh Vashisht saw it even he liked the statue very much and he says after the show gets over we might get the statue home. It is huge so it will not fit in our house, but we surely can put it on our building premises (laughs)" she concluded.

Krishma Solanki.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 7:03am | IP Logged

"I have two offers in hand - one from Sony and one from Zee"

Says Angad Hasija as he moves on in life after the Savitri fiasco.

Ads by Google
Beauty Parlor At Home
Used By Professional Hair Stylists. Learn The Secret To Perfect Hair!
tresemmeindia.com/products

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 | 5:35:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums / TellyBuzz  |  Comments 44 Comments  |  13602 Views

Angad Hasija was recently in news because of his sudden ouster from the show Savitri on Life OK. While Angad claimed that he was not happy with how his role had shaped, the channel maintained that Angad's character was not a main lead but still a prominent role.

However, Angad seems to have moved on in life and wants to forget the bitter past, "I have been offered two shows - one on Sony and one on Zee. While one is an ongoing show, the other is a new show but both are main leads" says Angad.

Angad last shot for Savitri on Saturday, 6th April and recounting that day, Angad says, "I was totally exhausted on the last day of the shoot. They made me shoot for more than 24 hours non-stop."

Talking further about the recent controversy about Savitri on Life OK, Angad reveals, "When I was offered Savitri, I also had an offer from Bigg Boss Season 6 which I had to decline. I was told that my role and the serial would become big names in the Television industry which never happened. I was not given a Minimum Guarantee (MG) which is basically a payment guarantee so even if an actor doesn't shoot for the show he gets paid. I was at a loss because of this as I shot for only 15 days in three months (October, November, December) and then not a single day in January and only one day in February."

Elaborating further he says he wasted time due to this while also losing out on other assignments, "I was offered 2 big banner Punjabi films in January. I kept on asking for the MG but they never gave me one and finally in the month of January they told me to take up another show which was unacceptable to me. I have always done one show at a time and always work on my looks and give 100% to whichever show that I am doing whether it was for Bidaai,Phulwa or Ram Milayi Jodi. For Savitri too I maintained a chiseled body, grew my hair and beard for the perfect look."

About the charges that his was never a main lead, Angad says, "I have always played the main lead and nothing less so why will I play a cameo? I am never short of roles and when I signed for Savitri I was clearly told that the character of Satya will die in the 2nd episode itself which never happened. I was left out of the promotions, press conference and the hoardings of the show."

"I have been in the industry for the past five years but never faced any problems till date with any channel regarding my role or the payment. This is the first time that such a thing happened with me wherein initially I was promised something but it turned out to be something else."

All this left Angad hurt and traumatized, "As an actor this was a very disturbing experience. It was with Star Network that I started my career with Bidaai and I trusted them blindly since Life OK is also their channel. They were like family and if this is the way a family treats you in this industry then I think I have to be very cautious before accepting any new show."

Well, we hope Angad leaves the past behind and starts afresh with the new shows in his kitty.

Seema Khot Mattoo

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Savitri to introduce Zombies
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Apr 14, 2013, 12.38 PM IST

Savitri to introduce Zombies
Savitri on life ok

Lot is happening with Flying TurtlesSavitrion Life OK. With Satya getting kidnapped, Dev being killed by Rahukaal and Savitri'scontinue search her Satya, this Life OK's show is not leaving any stone unturned to grab larger eye balls with its Supernatural theme.

Unfortunately, Dev's ( Angad Hasija) character didn't received good response from the audience resulting in his earlier closer of track. However, Karan Suchak will soon be seen as the new lead of the show, who will help Savitri to find Satya ( Yash Pandit) , who is with Rahukaal indeed.

Apart from finding Satya, Vikram (Karan Suchak) will take a revenge from Rahukaal ( Krip Suri) as he killed his brother, Dev.

Interestingly, now the makers are planning to introduce Zombies in their show. These Zombies will be seen, before the movie Go Goa Gone, starrer Saif Ali Khan which has Zombie characters, gets released so that Savitri will be the first TV soap to introduce zombies.

This new track with Zombies will give the show a new look and a twist.

All our efforts to reach Shabbir Ahluwalia were futile.

Get ready for Zombie experience on Savitri.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 1:57am | IP Logged

Raqesh and Ridhi don't want kids of their own

Seema Sinha, TNN | Apr 20, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Raqesh and Ridhi don't want kids of their own
Ridhi and Raqesh Vashisht
With wife Ridhi being busy with a daily show in which she plays a double role, hubby Raqesh Vashisht these days is playing the role of a house husband. 

There is no married life, he sighs. And the television couple has made a conscious decision to not to have children. Never. Children will happen perhaps in some other birth. We are serious. We are fond of children, but we are practical people. We bring up the child for what? To face the dirt, breathe this pollution? In Mumbai, there is no space to grow. 

Both of us are career-minded, we are workaholics. We don't want to have a child and then not be there for our kid. We wouldn't want our child to study in a boarding school. Raqesh, however, does not rule out the possibility of adopting a child. Maybe, we will adopt one someday, he adds.
Share your views

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Meenakshi Arya to enter Life Ok's Savitri!

Meenakshi Arya, recently seen in Life Ok's 26-12, all set to play a cameo in Life Ok's Savitri

Saturday, April 20, 2013 | 1:53:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |  Comments 1 Comments  |  60 Views

Life Ok's Savitri is all set to welcome a new character to the show.Meenakshi Arya, who was recently seen playing Rinki in Life Ok's 26-12is going to add more twists and turns by making her entry in Savitri.

Our source informed us that Meenakshi will be playing a negative role in the show. She will be playing a cameo and will be seen playing a double role in the show. We have heard that she will be seen in two looks, one will be that of a negative vampire and the other one will be the normal look. There are also chances for the character to becoming a regular in the cast from just being a cameo.  

Our source also adds that some of the popular names of the industry like Payal Rohatgi,Kashmira ShahRoshni ChopraNigar Khan and Aashka Goradia have been approached to play the character, out of which Meenakshi has been finalized.

TellyBuzz spoke to Meenakshi who confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I am playing a negative character but there are two shades. I am playing a double role."

Meenakshi will start shooting from Monday. 

Anwesha Kamal

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 2:40am | IP Logged

Riddhi Dogra wants Savitri to become a bedtime tale

IANS | Apr 20, 2013, 04.47 PM IST
Share More
A
A
Riddhi Dogra wants Savitri to become a bedtime tale
Riddhi Dogra
TV actress Riddhi Dogra, who essays the title role in "Savitri", hopes the fantasy adventure stories in the TV show, make their way to become bedtime stories for children someday.

"Our story is such that we can show fantasy and actually tell stories to the audience. Maybe if our show becomes a hit and people love it, they will tell our stories to their kids during their bedtime," Riddhi said here on the sets of the show.

"Savitri" is a supernatural thriller which talks about the love of Savitri and Satyavan. The evil force Rahu Kaal stands as a hurdle in their love story and Savitri has to now fight him to get back Satyavan.

The show went on air on air on Life OK in February.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Savitri Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.