Savitri

||Savitri Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged

Maninee De Mishra to play an angel in Life OK's Savitri

By TellychakkarTeam 20 Mar 2013 - 00:17
Print  Download  Email to friend
Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger

Flying Turtle Films' popular show on Life OK, Savitri will see a new entry in Maninee De Mishra. The talented actress will essay the role of an angel who has come from a different world. She will go on to be the sole support of Savitri (Ridhi Dogra), who is trying her level best to know about her previous birth. Maninee will play the character of Arishtanemi who is extremely positive.

The actress has started her shoot from yesterday (18 March 2013) and her entry sequence will be aired on 20 March. Also, there will be an extensive under-water sequence shot in the show tomorrow (20 March) wherein Savitri will go deep down inside water to detect the book that will give her information about her past life. And this is when Arishtanemi will make her entry.

When contacted, Maninee De Mishra confirmed the news of her entry in Savitri stating, "Yes, I have begun shoot for Savitri. This is the first time that I get to play a fantasy based character. I have done quite a lot of roles in Ssshhh… Phir Koi Hai, but this is something really different. I essay an angel who comes to provide all the help to Savitri. Mine is a continuous role and my character will be the positive ray in Savitri's life."

On her look in the show, Maninee tells us, "Well, again this is the first time I get to have a look which is deglamorous, yet voluminous in nature. I sport bindi and a simple look without a single jewelry. I hate jewelries and I am glad to avoid them for this role (smiles)."

Get to see the interesting story progression in Savitri..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "||Savitri Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| (Page 3)" in Savitri forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:08am | IP Logged

Salil Ankola & Suchita Trivedi in Savitri

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Mar 21, 2013, 12.34 PM IST

Salil Ankola & Suchita Trivedi in Savitri
Salil Ankola and Suchita Trivedi

Of late, certain section of media reported about Maninee Mishra making an entry in Life OK's newly launched show Savitri as an angel and the latest information that we have received is two biggies, returning to TV after a hiatus. They are none other than Salil Ankola and Suchita Trivedi.

Yes! You heard it right. A celebrity cricketerSalilAnkola, who was seen acting in TV shows like Karam Apna ApnaBigg Boss season 1 will be now returning to television with Flying Turtles's Savitri. While SuchitaTrivedi last seen in Star Plus's Ek Dusre Se Karte Hai Pyaar Hum in a pivotal role will join hands with Salil for a very meaty role.

Source informs, "Salil Ankola and Suchita Trivedi will enter Savitri as Damiyanti's ( Riddhi Dogra) parents. Suchita will essay the queen while Salil will be the king."

Salil and Suchita will start the shoot from today onwards (21 March) and the episode will telecast on Monday.

All our efforts to reach Suchita and Salil were vain.
Julia Stiles is red

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FIZK6

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged

Savitri's first maha episode on 31st March

Savitri's first maha episode on 31st March
Savitri on life ok

RELATED

Flying Turtles's Savitri on Life OK is a horror-thriller-supernatural genre, which goes back and forth 1,000 years and deal with reincarnation saga. The show for the first time will see its One hour Maha episode on 31st of March. 

Sources says, "On 31st of March Savitri will air its first ever Maha episode which will give a new turn to the story. Raahukaal ( Krip Suri), who was till now half alive will finally come into life in the maha episode." 

"Goolika ( Reshmi Ghosh), who is in search of his brother's (Raahukaal) head, will finally find and fix it on Raahukaal, which will result in his existence," adds source. 

Raahukal's track will start off from the maha episode and the audiences will get to see a new contemporary Raahukaal soon. The makers are still working on Raahukal's new look. 

When contacted, Yash Pandit states, "I am looking forward to it and it is going to be very interesting. I am sure everyone will love it."

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged

We had earlier reported about Salil Ankola entering Life OK's Savitri (Flying Turtles Films).

After a three-year hiatus from acting on TV, the cricketer-turned-actor enters the show tonight. He plays Rajput king Jay Singh, the father of Princess Damayanti (Ridhi Dogra).

Like an archetypal Rajput king, Jay is a valiant king who will fight undauntedly to protect his kingdom. All the kingdoms except for his have been usurped by the evil Rahukaal (Krip Suri).

A bonny daughter who he names Damayanti is born to him 15 years after his marriage. Talking about his role, Salil says, "Jay is worried that Rahukaal may be a threat to his daughter's life."

Savitri is a serial on reincarnation. Salil admits that though he doesn't really believe in past lives, he is thoroughly enjoying living his on-screen character. "I haven't pondered much on if there are past lives. On the contrary, I feel that we need to concentrate on living our current life well instead. It's great to play a character of the bygone era though. It's awesome to make a comeback on TV."

It still hasn't been decided if Jay Singh has been reborn as Savitri's father in the contemporary age. The show has two parallel tracks- one of which is on the past life of the show's protagonist Savitri in which she has been incarnated as Princess Damayanti. The current track is of Princess Damayanti being reborn as Savitri in the modern-day Kolkata.

For more updates on the show, keep watching this space.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 7:01am | IP Logged

Did Life OK make a mistake by shifting the time slot of Amrit Manthan (Director's Kut)?

With a two-pronged strategy, one to meet in-house competition from Saraswatichandra (Star Plus), which is at 7:30 pm slot and secondly to vacate the 8.30 pm slot so that they could accommodate their latest Savitri (Flying Turtle Films) in that same time band, this Star network channel moved their number two ranking show Amrit Manthan to the 7.30 pm slot from its earlier time slot of 8.30 pm

Since both Savitri and Devon Ke Dev Mahadev are of the similar mythological genre the assumption was that, Savitri would get the added benefit of tune in from Mahadev which is the channel driver (1.9 TVR).

But, it did not help Savitri much as it opened at 1.2 TVR and its numbers dipped lower than Amrit Manthan as it was garnering 1.4 TVR in the 8.30 pm slot. This Adaa Khan led show had even touched 1.8 TVR when the ratings had resumed post the digitisation break but the sudden change in the time slot has hit the show badly. In fact, its ratings have gone down to 0.6 TVR.

Says Ankita Sharma who plays Nimrit, "Yes, the numbers are down, post the shift in the time slot. But I am sure that the channel has a strategy in place to help us get better numbers."

According to a source, what must be hurting Life OK more is the fact that Savitri showcasing Ridhi Dogra, Yash Pandit and Angad Hasija is a much more expensive project than Amrit Manthan ever was.

Angad Hasija has admitted that the initial numbers of Savitri have come as a surprise. "We were all expecting better numbers. However since it is a new concept which includes ghosts and re-incarnation it is taking time to click with the audiences. However, I am confident that the story will now take off and the numbers will get better," he feels.

Interestingly an industry insider told us that the channel took this step knowing very well that the core Amrit Manthan audiences will be lost with the time slot change.

All our attempts to contact Rajan Shahi producer of Amrit Manthan and Life OK General Manager Ajit Thakur remained futile. We also dropped a text to Shabbir Ahulawalia producer of Savitri but he did not revert till the time of filing this story.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Ridhi Dogra thankful to her co-star Yash Pandit!
FeedbaPrint
actress Ridhi Dogra, who shares screen space with Yash Pandit in Life OK'ssupernatural show Savitri, is appreciative of him for fetching great chemistry on the show. Both are playing husband and wife in the show, and are delivering impressive chemistry on board. 

For the same, she credits Yash as he is very much open to suggestions and helpful ideas. She said, "Yash is a very co-operative actor. In fact, we both have worked hard on our chemistry. The equation with Yash is completely different from what I shared with Raqesh Vashisth. Raqesh and I hit it off from the first scene and it came naturally to us. When we started with Maryada, I barely knew Raqesh and we were not even dating then. With Yash, we had to make the chemistry happen. And all credit to him as he is very much open to suggestions. We usually sit together to talk about our scenes, and see to it that we give our best shot." 

Ridhi is glad to get ample time to get into the new the character Savitri. She avers, "I am always an actor first and the moment I get to the sets, I see to it that I understand the character well and think how my character would react to the given situation. For this to happen, it was important that I came out of the popular character of Priya, that I played in Maryada. And the gap I had after Maryada ended helped me to erase my thoughts and understand the role of Savitri with an empty head."

Way to go Ridhi!

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 4:08am | IP Logged

Dev makes Satya and Savitri meet on their honeymoon

Life OK's Savitri to witness a gripping sequence with tribal people caging Savitri...

Saturday, March 30, 2013 | 2:44:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |  Comments 10 Comments  |  3305 Views

In the upcoming episodes of Shabbir Ahluwalia's Flying Turtles Films' supernatural daily television show Savitri on Life OK, the audience will witness Tribal people cage Savitri assuming that Damyanti is back.

In the forthcoming episodes of the show it will be seen that while Satya and Savitri are on their honeymoon in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, tribal people cage Savitri. It is believed in the show that in her previous birth she was Damyanti, the princess which the tribe would worship. While Savitri is unaware about what they are thinking about and the reason behind caging her, she is worried and tense over the matter. She keeps thinking of ways that she could use to escape the trap. 

Satya worried about Savitri missing, lodges a complaint in the police station and is on his way to look out for her. By the time Dev who lives in Andaman and Nicobar learns about the matter, he too immediately gets on his way to search Savitri. Luckily he finds her and brings her back from the tribal people. Satya is happy to see Savitri and thanks Dev on safely bringing her back. 

To catch on this interesting episode do watch Savitri.

Krishma Solanki.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Angad Hasija to bid adieu Savitri
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Apr 3, 2013, 12.31 PM IST

Angad Hasija to bid adieu Savitri
Angad Hasija
Angad Hasija made a comeback on TV post Phulwa with the character of Dev, a police officer in Flying Turtles's Savitri on Life OK.

However; as it was a cameo role, its time forAngad to bid adieu the show soon in the upcoming week.

"As Dev is helping both Savitri ( Riddhi Dogra) and Satya ( Yash Pandit) to come together,Rahukaal (Krip Suri) will plan out to eradicate Dev from the Satya-Savitri's life," informs source.

Adds further,"Eventually Rahukaal will kill Dev." With this Angad Hasija's character will mark an exit from the show. This particular sequence will be shot before 6th of April and will accordingly telecast in the coming days.

When contacted, Angad Hasija states, "I don't have any clear idea on the same till now. I will get clear within few days."

Keep reading the space to know more updates!!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Savitri Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.