Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Did Life OK make a mistake by shifting the time slot of Amrit Manthan (Director's Kut)?

With a two-pronged strategy, one to meet in-house competition from Saraswatichandra (Star Plus), which is at 7:30 pm slot and secondly to vacate the 8.30 pm slot so that they could accommodate their latest Savitri (Flying Turtle Films) in that same time band, this Star network channel moved their number two ranking show Amrit Manthan to the 7.30 pm slot from its earlier time slot of 8.30 pm

Since both Savitri and Devon Ke Dev Mahadev are of the similar mythological genre the assumption was that, Savitri would get the added benefit of tune in from Mahadev which is the channel driver (1.9 TVR).

But, it did not help Savitri much as it opened at 1.2 TVR and its numbers dipped lower than Amrit Manthan as it was garnering 1.4 TVR in the 8.30 pm slot. This Adaa Khan led show had even touched 1.8 TVR when the ratings had resumed post the digitisation break but the sudden change in the time slot has hit the show badly. In fact, its ratings have gone down to 0.6 TVR.

Says Ankita Sharma who plays Nimrit, "Yes, the numbers are down, post the shift in the time slot. But I am sure that the channel has a strategy in place to help us get better numbers."

According to a source, what must be hurting Life OK more is the fact that Savitri showcasing Ridhi Dogra, Yash Pandit and Angad Hasija is a much more expensive project than Amrit Manthan ever was.

Angad Hasija has admitted that the initial numbers of Savitri have come as a surprise. "We were all expecting better numbers. However since it is a new concept which includes ghosts and re-incarnation it is taking time to click with the audiences. However, I am confident that the story will now take off and the numbers will get better," he feels.

Interestingly an industry insider told us that the channel took this step knowing very well that the core Amrit Manthan audiences will be lost with the time slot change.

All our attempts to contact Rajan Shahi producer of Amrit Manthan and Life OK General Manager Ajit Thakur remained futile. We also dropped a text to Shabbir Ahulawalia producer of Savitri but he did not revert till the time of filing this story.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Ridhi Dogra thankful to her co-star Yash Pandit!
FeedbaPrint
actress Ridhi Dogra, who shares screen space with Yash Pandit in Life OK'ssupernatural show Savitri, is appreciative of him for fetching great chemistry on the show. Both are playing husband and wife in the show, and are delivering impressive chemistry on board. 

For the same, she credits Yash as he is very much open to suggestions and helpful ideas. She said, "Yash is a very co-operative actor. In fact, we both have worked hard on our chemistry. The equation with Yash is completely different from what I shared with Raqesh Vashisth. Raqesh and I hit it off from the first scene and it came naturally to us. When we started with Maryada, I barely knew Raqesh and we were not even dating then. With Yash, we had to make the chemistry happen. And all credit to him as he is very much open to suggestions. We usually sit together to talk about our scenes, and see to it that we give our best shot." 

Ridhi is glad to get ample time to get into the new the character Savitri. She avers, "I am always an actor first and the moment I get to the sets, I see to it that I understand the character well and think how my character would react to the given situation. For this to happen, it was important that I came out of the popular character of Priya, that I played in Maryada. And the gap I had after Maryada ended helped me to erase my thoughts and understand the role of Savitri with an empty head."

Way to go Ridhi!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Dev makes Satya and Savitri meet on their honeymoon

Life OK's Savitri to witness a gripping sequence with tribal people caging Savitri...

Saturday, March 30, 2013 | 2:44:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   10 Comments  |  3305 Views

In the upcoming episodes of Shabbir Ahluwalia's Flying Turtles Films' supernatural daily television show Savitri on Life OK, the audience will witness Tribal people cage Savitri assuming that Damyanti is back.

In the forthcoming episodes of the show it will be seen that while Satya and Savitri are on their honeymoon in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, tribal people cage Savitri. It is believed in the show that in her previous birth she was Damyanti, the princess which the tribe would worship. While Savitri is unaware about what they are thinking about and the reason behind caging her, she is worried and tense over the matter. She keeps thinking of ways that she could use to escape the trap. 

Satya worried about Savitri missing, lodges a complaint in the police station and is on his way to look out for her. By the time Dev who lives in Andaman and Nicobar learns about the matter, he too immediately gets on his way to search Savitri. Luckily he finds her and brings her back from the tribal people. Satya is happy to see Savitri and thanks Dev on safely bringing her back. 

To catch on this interesting episode do watch Savitri.

Krishma Solanki.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Angad Hasija to bid adieu Savitri
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Apr 3, 2013, 12.31 PM IST

Angad Hasija to bid adieu Savitri
Angad Hasija
Angad Hasija made a comeback on TV post Phulwa with the character of Dev, a police officer in Flying Turtles's Savitri on Life OK.

However; as it was a cameo role, its time forAngad to bid adieu the show soon in the upcoming week.

"As Dev is helping both Savitri ( Riddhi Dogra) and Satya ( Yash Pandit) to come together,Rahukaal (Krip Suri) will plan out to eradicate Dev from the Satya-Savitri's life," informs source.

Adds further,"Eventually Rahukaal will kill Dev." With this Angad Hasija's character will mark an exit from the show. This particular sequence will be shot before 6th of April and will accordingly telecast in the coming days.

When contacted, Angad Hasija states, "I don't have any clear idea on the same till now. I will get clear within few days."

Keep reading the space to know more updates!!!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Angad Hasija to make his exit from Life OK's Savitri!

4 hours ago
Angad Hasija returned to TV screen after his impressive stint in Colors' Phulwa with Flying Turtles's Savitri on Life OK playing the character of Dev, a police officer. But as it was a cameo role, it's now time for the actor to bid adieu to the show.  

Sources informed about the same, "As Dev is helping both Savitri ( Riddhi Dogra) and Satya ( Yash Pandit) to come together, Rahukaal (Krip Suri) will plan to eradicate Dev from the Satya-Savitri's life".

The source added, "Eventually Rahukaal will kill Dev." His death will bring an end to the cameo and Angad Hasija's character will mark an exit from the show. This particular sequence will be shot before 6th of April and will accordingly telecast in the coming days.

On being contacted, Angad Hasija said, "I don't have any clear idea on the same till now. I will get clear within few days."

We hope he bags some full-fledged role soon!

Source: TNN

Edited by deboleena.manna - 11 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"We might get my statue home.": Ridhi Dogra Vashisth

TellyBuzz in conversation with Ridhi Dogra on the statue made of her for the showSavitri...

Sunday, April 07, 2013 | 1:55:50 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  203 Views

The gorgeous Ridhi Dogra Vashisht who is seen playing the role of Savitri in Shabbir Ahluwalia's Flying Turtles Films' supernatural daily television show Savitri on Life OK is excited about the statue of her made in the show. 

An elated Ridhi said,"It is a huge, beautiful statue which is magnificently made. It is so much like me and I love it. Every time I see it I feel proud. The first time I saw it I was totally taken aback with its beauty. It is worth appreciating and admiring everyday (smiles)."

She further added, "The statue was taken to Gujarat for our shooting, I was scared that it might break as it has to be taken a long way. But it was strong enough that we took it there, brought it back to Mumbai  in perfect condition without a scratch on it."

"When my husband Raqesh Vashisht saw it even he liked the statue very much and he says after the show gets over we might get the statue home. It is huge so it will not fit in our house, but we surely can put it on our building premises (laughs)" she concluded.

Krishma Solanki.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I have two offers in hand - one from Sony and one from Zee"

Says Angad Hasija as he moves on in life after the Savitri fiasco.

Beauty Parlor At Home
Used By Professional Hair Stylists. Learn The Secret To Perfect Hair!
tresemmeindia.com/products

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 | 5:35:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums / TellyBuzz  |   44 Comments  |  13602 Views

Angad Hasija was recently in news because of his sudden ouster from the show Savitri on Life OK. While Angad claimed that he was not happy with how his role had shaped, the channel maintained that Angad's character was not a main lead but still a prominent role.

However, Angad seems to have moved on in life and wants to forget the bitter past, "I have been offered two shows - one on Sony and one on Zee. While one is an ongoing show, the other is a new show but both are main leads" says Angad.

Angad last shot for Savitri on Saturday, 6th April and recounting that day, Angad says, "I was totally exhausted on the last day of the shoot. They made me shoot for more than 24 hours non-stop."

Talking further about the recent controversy about Savitri on Life OK, Angad reveals, "When I was offered Savitri, I also had an offer from Bigg Boss Season 6 which I had to decline. I was told that my role and the serial would become big names in the Television industry which never happened. I was not given a Minimum Guarantee (MG) which is basically a payment guarantee so even if an actor doesn't shoot for the show he gets paid. I was at a loss because of this as I shot for only 15 days in three months (October, November, December) and then not a single day in January and only one day in February."

Elaborating further he says he wasted time due to this while also losing out on other assignments, "I was offered 2 big banner Punjabi films in January. I kept on asking for the MG but they never gave me one and finally in the month of January they told me to take up another show which was unacceptable to me. I have always done one show at a time and always work on my looks and give 100% to whichever show that I am doing whether it was for Bidaai,Phulwa or Ram Milayi Jodi. For Savitri too I maintained a chiseled body, grew my hair and beard for the perfect look."

About the charges that his was never a main lead, Angad says, "I have always played the main lead and nothing less so why will I play a cameo? I am never short of roles and when I signed for Savitri I was clearly told that the character of Satya will die in the 2nd episode itself which never happened. I was left out of the promotions, press conference and the hoardings of the show."

"I have been in the industry for the past five years but never faced any problems till date with any channel regarding my role or the payment. This is the first time that such a thing happened with me wherein initially I was promised something but it turned out to be something else."

All this left Angad hurt and traumatized, "As an actor this was a very disturbing experience. It was with Star Network that I started my career with Bidaai and I trusted them blindly since Life OK is also their channel. They were like family and if this is the way a family treats you in this industry then I think I have to be very cautious before accepting any new show."

Well, we hope Angad leaves the past behind and starts afresh with the new shows in his kitty.

Seema Khot Mattoo

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Savitri to introduce Zombies
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Apr 14, 2013, 12.38 PM IST

Savitri to introduce Zombies
Savitri on life ok

Lot is happening with Flying TurtlesSavitrion Life OK. With Satya getting kidnapped, Dev being killed by Rahukaal and Savitri'scontinue search her Satya, this Life OK's show is not leaving any stone unturned to grab larger eye balls with its Supernatural theme.

Unfortunately, Dev's ( Angad Hasija) character didn't received good response from the audience resulting in his earlier closer of track. However, Karan Suchak will soon be seen as the new lead of the show, who will help Savitri to find Satya ( Yash Pandit) , who is with Rahukaal indeed.

Apart from finding Satya, Vikram (Karan Suchak) will take a revenge from Rahukaal ( Krip Suri) as he killed his brother, Dev.

Interestingly, now the makers are planning to introduce Zombies in their show. These Zombies will be seen, before the movie Go Goa Gone, starrer Saif Ali Khan which has Zombie characters, gets released so that Savitri will be the first TV soap to introduce zombies.

This new track with Zombies will give the show a new look and a twist.

All our efforts to reach Shabbir Ahluwalia were futile.

Get ready for Zombie experience on Savitri.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Raqesh and Ridhi don't want kids of their own

Seema Sinha, TNN | Apr 20, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Raqesh Vashisht|Ridhi
Raqesh and Ridhi don't want kids of their own
Ridhi and Raqesh Vashisht
With wife Ridhi being busy with a daily show in which she plays a double role, hubby Raqesh Vashisht these days is playing the role of a house husband. 

There is no married life, he sighs. And the television couple has made a conscious decision to not to have children. Never. Children will happen perhaps in some other birth. We are serious. We are fond of children, but we are practical people. We bring up the child for what? To face the dirt, breathe this pollution? In Mumbai, there is no space to grow. 

Both of us are career-minded, we are workaholics. We don't want to have a child and then not be there for our kid. We wouldn't want our child to study in a boarding school. Raqesh, however, does not rule out the possibility of adopting a child. Maybe, we will adopt one someday, he adds.
Share your views