QH Frustrations Thread (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 103

Aalia_A

Aalia_A

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Originally posted by Aalia_A

Hmmm... My first peeve with the show is... What exactly is Muslim about this so-called Muslim/Muslim back-drop of a show? Even a liberal Western Muslim family like mine is more religious than the othordox Ahmed Khans... Islamic naam rakhne se aur urdu ke do chaar lafz zaaya karne se koi show Muslim nahin hota. I'm not saying devote the whole show to religion and culture, just don't outright neglect the conceptual roots. That is all.  

Exactly. My sister, cousins and friends party and even drink but they read more namaaz than the characters on this show! They even fast, etc. Seriously, I don't get. My mother was very liberal but she prayed 5x per day. 

At this rate, the next significant Muslim aspect we will be shown is them celebrating Eid... Cause lets face it, CV's won't let that opportunity go to show that their show is "different"... Sadly, that is not even adequate to categorise this as a show with a "Muslim backdrop" - at times I genuinely wonder ki yeh backdrop baar baar kaha chala jaata hai Disapprove

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaz2009Laila2009

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "QH Frustrations Thread (Page 7)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaz2009

Another thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.Wacko
We get the point!Cnt take this excessive drilling of that ever so famous word any longer...all the way through the episode...they are giving constant reminders...for Pete's sake we get the point!Wacko

I know...over the top...

Hafizakhanshaz2009

Aalia_A

Aalia_A

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged

Anotehr thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.Wacko
We get the point!Cnt take this excessive drilling of that ever so famous word any longer...all the way through the episode...they are giving constant reminders...for Pete's sake we get the point!Wacko

Originally posted by _Aalia_

Genuine question here - isn't that a trait of all Indian shows, to keep spoon-feeding the audience? Like they believe we have an incredibly short attention span and might forget if things are not hammered into our heads every second minute of the episode

You got me there!Big smileVery true indeed!I guess the day Cliches and stereotypes stop taking it's toll on Indian TV will be the very day that pigs can fly!Big smile

You got it, Shaz. This is Indian telly. As I'm learning from here, best to keep your expectations at minus one. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shaz2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by narangi314

Bitter experience my friend. The last two shows I started to watch promised "mature" (as in grown-up and sensible NOT steamy/sordid LOL) romance and I was badly let down by both. Regressive female characters, wafer-thin plot-lines, scheming saas, it was all there...I gave up on both in a couple of months...So, yes, I consider I have learned the hard way.

There are only a 2-3 of shows that I've watched from beginning to end (all one season shows)

QH will certainly go down as a bitter experience in my books... The biggest saving grace here is that the villain (Razia) is actually something to write home about. She is so darn entertaining! I hope the revelation track does not dilute her unique evilness. I know the money and status motive is all so done to death, but I find the character worth watching. I hope she retains her core essence. I. Sincerely. Hope. 

She is the most interesting character on the show played by Varun Badola's sister - a super actress in her own right. She's fabulous. 

Aalia_Ashaz2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi314

Moving on to other frustrations before I sign off - kinda sick of tacky shirt stripping scenes...really over done...can we get over this????? Llke yesterday?

At least, if you've got have Asad take his shirt off, can they be a tad less tacky and unoriginal about it?

The shirt ripping scene...as much as I don't mind seeing his six packs - that was stupid.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shaz2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

At this rate, the next significant Muslim aspect we will be shown is them celebrating Eid... Cause lets face it, CV's won't let that opportunity go to show that their show is "different"... Sadly, that is not even adequate to categorise this as a show with a "Muslim backdrop" - at times I genuinely wonder ki yeh backdrop baar baar kaha chala jaata hai Disapprove

No-one even fasts on the casual Monday/Thursday...no-one talks of going on umara, hajj, even attending a dua or a qu'ran khanni - anything...nothing...I don't even see anyone with a tasbi! Even dadi doesn't do anything religious. Serious, I am not saying or advocating orthodoxy but show something...

An awesome scene would have been Asad going to Friday namaz and standing next to his father praying...that would have said so much!!! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaren93.Aalia_Ashaz2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
They could even have had a scene where Asad sees Zoya praying - it would have been very touching and romantic for him to see her as a pious yet modern young girl.

Jaren93.Aalia_A

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged

I'm just watching my back,Wink wondering when Frankinsteines bride will be close on my trail!

O Jeepers... Bride of Frankenstein, Chuckie the Doll... Yeh QH social rom-com hai ya koi horror show? That doll btw, is seriously creepy. I wonder how any kid would wanna play with it and not freak out... Reminds me of an old-film I once watched when I was lil and then could not sleep for a whole damn week... Paapi Gudiya Cry

I thought you were talking about another doll - you know my "friend." LOL

Aalia_Ashaz2009

Post Reply New Post

Go to top