Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: shaz2009

I'm just watching my back,πŸ˜‰ wondering when Frankinsteines bride will be close on my trail!

Shaz you're on a roll! πŸ€£
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Another thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.
We get the point!Cnt take this excessive drilling of that ever so famous word any longer...all the way through the episode...they are giving constant reminders...for Pete's sake we get the point!
Edited by shaz2009 - 11 years ago
Aalia_A thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Anotehr thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.

We get the point!Cnt take this excessive drilling of that ever so famous word any longer...all the way through the episode...they are giving constant reminders...for Pete's sake we get the point!

Genuine question here - isn't that a trait of all Indian shows, to keep spoon-feeding the audience? Like they believe we have an incredibly short attention span and might forget if things are not hammered into our heads every second minute of the episode? 
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by shaz2009

Anotehr thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.

Originally posted by _Aalia_

Genuine question here - isn't that a trait of all Indian shows, to keep spoon-feeding the audience? Like they believe we have an incredibly short attention span and might forget if things are not hammered into our heads every second minute of the episode

You got me there!πŸ˜ƒVery true indeed!I guess the day Cliches and stereotypes stop taking it's toll on Indian TV will be the very day that pigs can fly!πŸ˜ƒ
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Aalia_A

Hmmm... My first peeve with the show is... What exactly is Muslim about this so-called Muslim/Muslim back-drop of a show? Even a liberal Western Muslim family like mine is more religious than the othordox Ahmed Khans... Islamic naam rakhne se aur urdu ke do chaar lafz zaaya karne se koi show Muslim nahin hota. I'm not saying devote the whole show to religion and culture, just don't outright neglect the conceptual roots. That is all.  

Exactly. My sister, cousins and friends party and even drink but they read more namaaz than the characters on this show! They even fast, etc. Seriously, I don't get. My mother was very liberal but she prayed 5x per day. 
Edited by Laila2009 - 11 years ago
Laila2009 thumbnail
I haven't seen a single character even read the Qu'ran or give an important message from it in relation to what is going on the show...it really goes to show that no effort has been made to use the faith or religion to show that we don't go around blowing up buildings and beating up women. A serious disappointment. 

Plus, here's another pet peeve. As liberal as I am, I wear shalvar kameez and so do my friends...we don't wear jeans in other people's houses if it is not their practice and we do wear longer kurtis than what Zoya is wearing. Plus what is with all the dress shirts on her jeans? And she has only one style of pants? Doesn't she have any dresses etc? Seriously, what is wrong with the wardrobe team? 
Aalia_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: Laila2009

Exactly. My sister, cousins and friends party and even drink but they read more namaaz than the characters on this show! They even fast, etc. Seriously, I don't get. My mother was very liberal but she prayed 5x per day. 

At this rate, the next significant Muslim aspect we will be shown is them celebrating Eid... Cause lets face it, CV's won't let that opportunity go to show that their show is "different"... Sadly, that is not even adequate to categorise this as a show with a "Muslim backdrop" - at times I genuinely wonder ki yeh backdrop baar baar kaha chala jaata hai πŸ˜’
Laila2009 thumbnail

Another thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.

I know...over the top...
Aalia_A thumbnail

Originally posted by shaz2009

Anotehr thing that drives me up the wall on the show is the frequent,well endless usage of the word raaz,saazish,raaz,ssazish,raaz saazish...it's like I,myself am undergoing hypnotherapy along with spineless man Rashid.

Originally posted by _Aalia_

Genuine question here - isn't that a trait of all Indian shows, to keep spoon-feeding the audience? Like they believe we have an incredibly short attention span and might forget if things are not hammered into our heads every second minute of the episode

You got me there!πŸ˜ƒVery true indeed!I guess the day Cliches and stereotypes stop taking it's toll on Indian TV will be the very day that pigs can fly!πŸ˜ƒ

You got it, Shaz. This is Indian telly. As I'm learning from here, best to keep your expectations at minus one. 
Laila2009 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aalia_A

QH will certainly go down as a bitter experience in my books... The biggest saving grace here is that the villain (Razia) is actually something to write home about. She is so darn entertaining! I hope the revelation track does not dilute her unique evilness. I know the money and status motive is all so done to death, but I find the character worth watching. I hope she retains her core essence. I. Sincerely. Hope. 

She is the most interesting character on the show played by Varun Badola's sister - a super actress in her own right. She's fabulous.