Asad & His Trust Issues: epi feb 18

Posted: 11 years ago
Asad Ahmed Khan, the lion-hearted prince of this story has as many flaws as virtues. He is a multi-layered personality like most of us, but one of his biggest limitations is his inability to trust. His distrust of people stems from his early age abandonment by his father. To date, there are very few people he is even willing to listen, let alone trust.

In general, people who don't trust themselves, have a hard time trusting others. Yes, we can blame Rashid for this flaw but till Asad learns to trust his own feelings and instincts, he will never be able to trust others. Rashid Khan will have to wait a long time.

A classic example of Asad's mistrust of his own self are his feelings for Zoya. Deep down, he is crazy about her, probably madly in love with her but because he doesn't trust himself, he refuses to acknowledge these feelings.He is afraid he will commit a mistake, or let go of all control over his emotions. Time and again, he goes into a trance when he is close to her, or his fear of losing her makes him blurt out his true feelings- like in today's episode and the Mangalpur incident. Then he goes back into his shell, where he refuses to trust his feelings or trust others.

Zoya has been a victim of this mistrust from day 1 but she has gradually learnt to reason with him but when she loses her patience,she just ventures out all alone. We all know what happens when she does that- usually gets into trouble. I am surprised she didn't get into any major trouble today. 

Zoya and Dilshaad were both willing to give the benefit of doubt to Rashid today but Asad, who can be stubborn, refused to trust Rashid's innocence. 

At first, he gave Zoya a hard time about Raghu but when he saw the photograph and heard Dilshaad's side of the story, some sense did prevail.

By the end of the episode, he trusted Zoya and agreed to go to the doll factory. It's a beginning and hopefully would soon become a habit for him.

The day Asad starts trusting his own feelings, I think he will be more willing to listen to others and trust those whom he considers his well-wishers.

On another note- Welcome Mrs Gabbar Singh aka Razia Siddiqui...kya vamp banaayi hai janaab. Daad deni hogi writers ko๐Ÿ‘
Mrs gabbar Singh...so apt ๐Ÿ˜† the way she handled dadi today gave me goosebumps. Phew!!!
Agree on asad's trust issues. But I think he came a long way now, his treatment towards zoya bettering by the day.
Hi, nice post..

Love the definition of trust between two, the biggest difference is like you mentioned Asad too stubborn to acknowledge what is bothering him versus Zoya keeps the equation straight. Something bothering her, she want to know reason, fix it, deal with it and move on...

I was impressed how she was careful today as she knew "use bachane wala" was not with her๐Ÿ˜‰.

Razia did look like a real vamp by the end, last evil laugh was scary. Now when we all blamed Rashid, can we? I mean the woman is pure devil, if hadnt keep quiet would she had left Dilshaad alone with her small kids๐Ÿ˜•?

Even though he looked dumb and escapist, for first time I felt he really did help Dilshaad from troubles. I would be happy if tomorrow they show, that the random Mamu who had helped Dilshaad in past, were asked to do by Rashid. So he was looking for both families..
Edited by _vineeta_ - 11 years ago
as always amazing post<3
agree..asad hv to hv trust in himself only den he vld  b able to trust others
Wonderful post dear ๐Ÿ‘

I love how you described Asad's trust problems towards himself and I totally agree with you on this ๐Ÿ˜Š

I hope soon he will realize his feelings and start to believe others, especially Zoya ...

NaYab 

Good points... except I think along with mistrust issues, the abandonment issues come to fore rather strongly for Uhsud...that fear of being rejected and left alone is likely why he does not acknowledge his feelings for Zoya to himself.

Jayne

totally agree...
Asad has to learn to trust...which he is slowly doing with Zoya...and one day with Rashid
Razia was just pure evil...hats off to Gul for creating a character like this.
Ek baat toh pakki hai, writer's ko zaroor daad de ni paregi...Razai jaise creation ko bana ne ke liye.Alka Kaushal the actress playing Razia is absoluety mindblowing in breathing life into this oh so very illustrious vamp.I am totally bowled over by this character and for me right now, she is the very spice,zest  and soul of the show.
Originally posted by mallik4ever

Mrs gabbar Singh...so apt ๐Ÿ˜† the way she handled dadi today gave me goosebumps. Phew!!!
Agree on asad's trust issues. But I think he came a long way now, his treatment towards zoya bettering by the day.

Yes, he has come a long way but till he trusts his own feelings, he will always be suspicious and have a hard time trusting others. Imagine living with a man like that? Only Zoya can fix this๐Ÿ˜† man

Yes, Razia gave me the goosebumps today...I could recall Gabbar's dialogues when she spoke๐Ÿ˜†
Brilliant post I agree that asad does have trust issues and it's all thanks to his father.. But ovcourse there is times where he will trust and one such case is when zoya asks him to come to the doll factory just to find out the truth behind the saazish.. Even though he's made up his mind that Rashid is not innocence he is willing to trust zoya on this one time to prove that he is.. Nd I loved the way zoya tried to reason with him and did it very politely. I think that helped asad make up his mind