Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai
Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai

India-Forums

Gready Tom and smarty pants Jerry is getting borin

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Ok this cat mouse chase is starting to get boring...Neither is Sona successful at what is she trying to accomplish for the house and in this whole mess she is also messing up her own martial life. That is besides the point however. I just don't understand why there can't be a middle ground...Her saas wants her to work correct?? Well go on the condition stating that she will also be a housewife. TODAY'S HOUSEWIFE not only does household work but outside work as well. I don't understand why is needs to be 24 hours in the house??? Neelam can take care of the morning and Sona the evening after work. I go to work come home, cook, clean, feed do all necessary errands in between...they act like you can only do one of the two...Actually, her point will even come across stronger that housework is also work if she does both...showing the importance of in the house work and also outside work. That its not USELESS to be a housewife...and maybe even get Neelam some sort of evening job also like sewing or something,  so that they both can switch off the duties to each other...this whole thing makes no sense...I am sorry...this isn't AAJ KI HOUSEWIFE...  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

minnie2308Garkhelsun

amud Goldie
amud
amud

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged
i just want to clarify u with some more points reg AKHHSJH...this is not exactly the same tom and jerry thing ...as u do all the things u il get disappointed or uneasy wen u r not recognized in ur own home ...even sona can manage being a housewife and working women as this is common nowadays ...if the story runs in that way it ill be something u negotiate...but here its diff with so many people living together thinking about themselves with more expectation from a housewife to do all the works and not a working women ...
how we can stay in a place with no more respect ?is it possible for us to tolerate ?we all r living with our dignity and respect ...so sona is different from all others and AKHHSJKH is also different in its way ...no one can justify with that...Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indi

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Well in that case it shouldn't be aaj ki housewife...cause far as I know housewife in the olden golden years had it more harder then today's housewife. They had to go get water from the well, wash cloths by hand...lived in joint family and cooked from everyone on a wood burning stove...not to mention grinding your own flour...milking your own milk...so forth...so the point I am trying to make is not that Sona isn't a good housewife or that today's housewife doesn't have any value. She needs to prove both grounds equally...not only does a housewife have value, but she is can be a working wife and a housewife proudly cause the value of each is the same!...now to me that would be a true slap on the face of everyone in the house that thinks that housewife is useless...

minnie2308

nikkitta Goldie
nikkitta
nikkitta

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
I agree with you on few of ur points but not all. 
First of all If a person is working she cant be called as housewife. If sona goes to job title would have been ... something like... Aaj ki working women hai ...  LOL  ... blah blah.   But this show is about today's HOUSEWIFE.  Not about doing work like washing clothes or preparing food. Its about how to keep relationships bound together in families. What is housewife's role in doing so.  Specifically joint families are now-a-days rare to find. Even if it exist, its hard to find the affection among the family members.  This show is to bring the essence of relationships.

Coming to sona role. She can manage to do job and can handle household work. But she quit job sort out the indiscipline members. making everyone to respect each individual at same level in the home, making each one realize their responsibility being a member in the home can't be done in few days or months. And it cant be accomplished just by doing household work. Its needs some patience and time to understand everyone's behavior.  This is Aaj ki housewife hai .. sab janti hai .. lekin thoda waqt lagta hai sab theek karne ko... 
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Thats a bit unfair in terms of working wife also...there are lots of working wife that keep a family together...and why does the title change? I am a working housewife...I am 8 hours outside of the home and and 16hours housewife...duty 24/7/365...I still think the show is missing the point...they are pulling this whole job and money issue in my opinion too far. I understand that is the story of the show...but...they are not being realistic. 

minnie2308

minnie2308 IF-Dazzler
minnie2308
minnie2308

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Taral83 I really love your post...coz like you I too am managing both!
In fact, my own MIL who is/was a housewife, expected me to work both in and out of the house and be at beck and call of everyone at house specially hubby... took me some time to change that mentality and get my hubby to share workload with me... finally I achieved it and trust me its gr8 bonding to brush shoulders with your hubby in kitchen...romantic too...
I also started watching this show in hopes that Sona will actually negotiate her earning power to ensure all members in family help Neelam or atleast do thier own work and speak respectfully with her...now that would be awesome t watch... a woman exercising her money power... here she is just cementing the old beaten path that working women do a shoddy house work...
She can begin with putting a tongue in Neelam... slowly help her grow a spine!! 
better still, use her own reporter network and clout and get Neelam some job, however ordinary...
that'll make her a working woman, so as per Suhnaina,  a working woman does not do housework... let the whole family fend for themselves!

I mean how many serials are there about housewives... all of them!! Almost...
But hats off for your bravery, ... In this forum, we can say only good about a housewife and not about a career woman who also manages a good home...

Edited by minnie2308 - 19 February 2013 at 11:27am
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 20 February 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Thank you Minnie for actually getting my point...this show isn't showing TODAY'S  housewife!!! the whole point of Sona staying home in the first place was so she can give Neelam and due respect from other members of the house...but nothing has changed...they all just put her in the same title "useless housewife"...I don't think Sona is accomplishing anything by staying home and cooking...Neelam did that...In order for her to get her point across was to not only be a housewife wife but be a working wife at the same time...I am not degrading one or the other...but in order for Sona to make those crazy people understand is give and show that she can do both and equally are important...and at the same time give Neelam a spine and let her become a working wife some how also...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index