Pavitra Rishta

~Sushant's Bollywood Debut~ #7 (Page 43)

Post Reply New Post

Page 43 of 151

sushfan20

Groupbie

sushfan20

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
KPC  red  carpet  on  EQ,  Headlines  Today,  11.00  p.m.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Sushant's Bollywood Debut~ #7 (Page 43)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ubuntuu

Ubuntuu

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Not sure if posted before.  Very much excited to read reviews about Sushant.

http://www.ukasiaonline.com/reviews/kai-po-che-assured-and-accomplished

'Kai Po Che': Assured and Accomplished

• Print
  • Email
Details

Category: Reviews
19 Feb 2013

When it was first published in 2008, Chetan Bhagat's 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life' followed a familiar pattern for the best-selling author; the book was critically panned despite selling by the truckload.

A common thread in the negative reviews was the fact that Bhagat had, perhaps as a way of being taken seriously by critics, crammed every socio-economic and political malaise imaginable into his tale about three aspirational friends in the vibrant new, 21st century India.

From young love and the cynicism that underpins the Hindu-Muslim relationship through cricket and natural disaster, '3 Mistakes' had everything, drenched in Bollywood-esque melodrama, making for an often-incoherent read.

Actor-turned-director Abhishek Kapoor's ('Aryan') film adaptation, surprisingly, doesn't suffer from the same problem.

The year is 2000.  The new millennium has brought a wave of economic prosperity to India.  

People are hopeful of the future, no more so than Govind (Rajkumar Yadav), Ishaan (Sushat Singh Rajput) and Omi (Amit Sadh); three friends who share a common ambition for fame and fortune despite their utterly disparate personalities and modi operandi.

With the help of some unaccounted-for cash from Omi's politician-uncle 'Bittu Mama' (the outstandingly treacherous Manav Kaul) the three friends set up a cricket academy inside a Hindu temple complex.

Even as the friends become preoccupied with their individual destinies Govind falls for Ishaan's maths-challenged little sister, Omi repays his uncle's generosity by entering politics and Ishaan takes on a pet project in the form of a talented young cricketer called Ali the aptly-named Sabarmati Sports Academy goes from strength to strength with a gleaming new shop at a gleaming new shopping mall.  

The build up to this point is slightly labored as Kapoor lays the groundwork for this multi-faceted story with only picturesque Gujarat, Amit Trivedi's evocative score and Sushat Singh Rajput's chiseled torso keeping the audience company.

Up until the intermission, the film is fairly run-of-the-mill.  

In the second-half however, things explode on the screen; literally and metaphorically, as the devastating Gujarat earthquake of 2001 hits the friends' dreams as it takes the lives of 20,000 people.

Just as the rubble is cleared away, a massacre of Hindu pilgrims on a train from Ayodhya plunges the state where Mahatma Gandhi was born into a bloody cycle of violence.  

Kapoor depicts the violence and the underlying cynicism extremely well, with sensitivity but without pulling any punches with a climax that expertly portrays the individual impact on the friends of the wider communal issue.

Above all, Kapoor manages to deftly weave the multitude of narrative threads without over-taxing the audience.

All three central characters are well cast but it is Ishaan who is at the heart of the story; it is his compulsions that drive the narrative forward and Rajput does an excellent job as the instinctive, impulsive yet principled cricket coach.

Chetan Bhagat's book may have been a bit of a labyrinthine mess but it is to Kapoor's great credit that the film is not.  

The Indian censor board insisted on giving the film a 'Universal' rating, saying it needed to be watched by everyone in India.

In Bollywood's centenary year, the board's finally got something right.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shree.nTanyazSahana-JaishankarGuggu_Mintyishika_sushitafansushmajoni03TazinSushantFan

majoni03

IF-Sizzlerz

majoni03

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Chetan's book to be re-
launched with Kai Po Che
cover
Feb 20, 2013, 12.00AM IST TNN [
PARAG MANIAR ]
Chetan Bhagat's
novel, The 3
Mistakes Of My
Life, is all set to
get a facelift!
The book, which
inspired
Abhishek
Kapoor's Kai Po Che, will see a
limited edition re-release, with
its cover featuring a still from
the movie.
Says Abhishek, "It's a curious
case of art imitating art. The
latest edition of the book will
have the Kai Po Che boys
Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh
and Rajkumar on its cover.
The book brought the
characters - Ishaan, Omi and
Govind to life and now, the
movie's bringing the book back
to life. It's flattering and almost
poetic." Directed by Abhishek,
the film's music has been
composed by Amit Trivedi.
Chetan adds, "I'm elated. The
book inspired the film first and
now, the tables have turned. I
can't wait for the re-release of
my book and the release of the
film, which will be almost
simultaneous."
Kai Po Che, produced by UTV
Motion Pictures, releases
February 22

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TanyazSahana-Jaishankarfansush

rash2222

IF-Dazzler

rash2222

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
thank you for all the reviews...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TanyazJaishankar

majoni03

IF-Sizzlerz

majoni03

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Prithwish Ganguly
@_prithwish_
Team #KaiPoChe
@Abhishekapoor Sushant Singh
Rajput, Amit Sadh in New Delhi
tomorrow!!! Two days to go
for the film to release. Excited!!

bonnefille

IF-Rockerz

bonnefille

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
This thread seems to be having a riot of its own...seem to have taken KPC's theme too seriously, huh?  

Sushant and Ankita look beautiful in the pics from the premiere. Though I wish they dump their inexperienced hairstylist...she does not seem to know anything more than puffing up their hair and posing with them for Facebook. Sushant's hairstyle seemed inspired from that of Johnny Bravo's. Urgh!

Sushant seemed extremely uncomfortable on the red carpet...I thought it was endearing. But then he needs to learn how to interact with 'people who matter'. From the three-four videos I watched, he looked away twice while the other was still in conversation with him, one being Ashutosh Gowarikar. 

Anyway, lot of good comments pouring in for Rajkumar Yadav as well...the tweets have mostly been in his favour. I do not mind him being good (in fact, he is a brilliant actor) but I want Sushant to be best among all. I am shamelessly a selfish fan...so I hope Sushant stands out and whitewashes everyone else. And I am kind of confident because acting is just not about being technically right but also about touching an emotional chord which Sushant is brilliant at.   

If Sushant can impress a regular (and an unbiased one) Hollywood critic then impressing these Indian critics should be a piece of cake walk. *touch-wood to that*

Eagerly waiting February 22...this one I am more than willing to loosen my pockets for. Tongue

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

TanyazSahana-Jaishankarishika_sushitaGuggu_Mintymajoni03fansushTazinSushantFan

rash2222

IF-Dazzler

rash2222

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bonnefille

This thread seems to be having a riot of its own...seem to have taken KPC's theme too seriously, huh?  

Sushant and Ankita look beautiful in the pics from the premiere. Though I wish they dump their inexperienced hairstylist...she does not seem to know anything more than puffing up their hair and posing with them for Facebook. Sushant's hairstyle seemed inspired from that of Johnny Bravo's. Urgh!

Sushant seemed extremely uncomfortable on the red carpet...I thought it was endearing. But then he needs to learn how to interact with 'people who matter'. From the three-four videos I watched, he looked away twice while the other was still in conversation with him, one being Ashutosh Gowarikar. 

Anyway, lot of good comments pouring in for Rajkumar Yadav as well...the tweets have mostly been in his favour. I do not mind him being good (in fact, he is a brilliant actor) but I want Sushant to be best among all. I am shamelessly a selfish fan...so I hope Sushant stands out and whitewashes everyone else. And I am kind of confident because acting is just not about being technically right but also about touching an emotional chord which Sushant is brilliant at.   

If Sushant can impress a regular (and an unbiased one) Hollywood critic then impressing these Indian critics should be a piece of cake walk. *touch-wood to that*

Eagerly waiting February 22...this one I am more than willing to loosen my pockets for. Tongue

you got to read the reviews of indian critics... they all have become sushant fan and praised him a lot... even in tweets people are saying sushant is a star... he is been credited with awesome performance and has  spark in it... 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

TanyazSahana-Jaishankarishika_sushitabonnefilleTazinSushantFan

sangsushita

Groupbie

sangsushita

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top