Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Attened two three Yoga classes, its fun ...after I feel, they shd gave this year's Nobel Prize to the dude who invented Yoga PantsTongueWink

True. What's not to love about yoga pants? Ironically, most yoga pants are worn by people who shoudnt be wearing them and aren't used for yoga...first world problems LOL

@TM Yoga puts me to sleep. Do whatever keeps you engaged LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vinzy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Yoga or Gym? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

Originally posted by Prometeus

Attened two three Yoga classes, its fun ...after I feel, they shd gave this year's Nobel Prize to the dude who invented Yoga PantsTongueWink

True. What's not to love about yoga pants? Ironically, most yoga pants are worn by people who shoudnt be wearing them and aren't used for yoga...first world problems LOL---lol true... thats why som people think yoga is more of a Spectator sportzzzTongueLOL

@TM Yoga puts me to sleep. Do whatever keeps you engaged LOL

now a days my laziness is becoming such a issue that I can't even be bothered hanging my clothes on my treadmill anymore.Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

McNinja

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:06am | IP Logged
I like walking. I think there's no better way to both stay fit and recreate. Jog, if you dun feel walking is enough. Run, even. Ah. Well. Outta gym and yoga, I'd choose Yoga for the recreation and gym for the adrenaline.

NigelMolesworth

IF-Dazzler

NigelMolesworth

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
I do yoga/Pilates fusion and Piloxing. Love it. Now I've set my eyes on Kettlebell workout. 

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Iconoclast-

I do yoga/Pilates fusion and Piloxing. Love it. Now I've set my eyes on Kettlebell workout.

Your tag line caught my attention, do you believe in nothing?

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 22 February 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Depends on what your goals are when you refer to fitness. Yoga is good for maintaining flexibility, but you are not going to make much strength gains with it. A proper gym regime is good for gaining mass and strength, but it won't give you the flexibility. And both of them won't build endurance like cardio.

My suggestion? Combination of three. Gym for strength and mass, stretching (not necessarily everything of yoga, just stretches), and cardio for keeping the aerobic system in good condition.

But most people forget the most important thing when it comes to fitness. Diet. That is at least as important, if not more, as exercise.

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 22 February 2013 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
depends what you want to achieve.. yoga wont transform your body quickly(may make you leaner and improve flexibility over a period of long time 6 months  may be).. you would need intense exercises, weights etc to help strngthen and change shape of your body fast.. (2 months if you are a regular)
gym is never a waste of money according to me.. doing yoga alone at home? most likely you will be bored and skip.
at gym looking at fitter and hotter people you get motivated automatically LOL..atleast in my case!

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 22 February 2013 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
I think a lot of people are confusing yoga with power yoga. There are a lot of different kinds of yoga.

Power yoga or advanced vinyasa is really vigorous and intense, and includes cardio and strength training. Seamlessly moving from plank, lowered plank (chaturanga dandasa), handstands, headstands, etc. doesn't just "improve your flexibility." It builds muscle and increases cardio capacity.

Before doing power yoga regularly, I just had skinny arms and no core strength or upper body strength, and now I have much more toned arms, and a strong upper body. Doing plank and chaturanga dandasana sequences is way harder than doing regular old push-ups.

I have friends who pump iron at the gym or do TV workouts who have a hard time keeping up in power yoga.

Edited by --arti-- - 22 February 2013 at 3:39pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top