15-16th Feb Case Discussion

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Political power And Crime

A 24-year young, energetic and hard working girl lost her life brutally because of a powerful political leader.

But, I dont think that this is the only reason. As per me, the following points are the inside story of the case.

1. The girl was equally responsible for whatever happened with her. She could have understood the matter when she went for her first abortion. And, he was a famous man so she already knew that he is married and still she had physical relations with him just because he paid her..!!!

2. The social reason comes here: The girl had to earn for the entire family. The family had 2 daughters FIRST and then a son. This means that the parents wanted a SON and they tried for him but they got him in THREE attempts. This is the problem with half of India.

Her father's earning could not support three children. Instead, if they had remained happy with just one daughter, the father could maintain the family well. They could educate her well and she need not go to earn.

The daughter was so attached to the family that she gave her body so that she can maintain her family well.  And, still...most of the parents in India want a SON...Shame on their thinking...

Please share your thoughts...😊

Edited by kriya...arja - 11 years ago
Hi kriya...arja!  Thank you for making the post.

I agree  with the points you have made.  Althought I feel bad for the lady and her parents, but the truth is that she was no saint.  I mean why on earth would you get involved with:
a) a married man
b) a married man whose in politics
I mean what was she thinking?!!  I dont want to speak ill of her, but sorry to say this, I dont think I feel sorry for her.  She got herself involved in a very dirty business by sleeping with a married man whose in politics. 
As for the other point you have made about how parents in India will continue to conceive until they have a son.  Sorry, but that's not entirely true.  It's not just in India, but unfortunately, everywhere.  I am from Canada, and even over here it's the same thing.  I have relatives, like my cousins who are married, will or have continued to conceive until they would have a son.  It's everywhere and we're talking about 21st centuery!!!  What a shame!!
Originally posted by madhoo

Hi kriya...arja!  Thank you for making the post.

I agree  with the points you have made.  Althought I feel bad for the lady and her parents, but the truth is that she was no saint.  I mean why on earth would you get involved with:
a) a married man b) a married man whose in politics I mean what was she thinking?!!  I dont want to speak ill of her, but sorry to say this, I dont think I feel sorry for her.  She got herself involved in a very dirty business by sleeping with a married man whose in politics. 
As for the other point you have made about how parents in India will continue to conceive until they have a son.  Sorry, but that's not entirely true.  It's not just in India, but unfortunately, everywhere.  I am from Canada, and even over here it's the same thing.  I have relatives, like my cousins who are married, will or have continued to conceive until they would have a son.  It's everywhere and we're talking about 21st centuery!!!  What a shame!!

@red: Correct. The girl actually was at fault. She was hard working and she earned also. She was not out of money at least. And, the biggest lesson: NEVER EVER TRUST A MAN BLINDLY. This lesson we can take from both the cases of this girl Megha nd that woman Hansa Parmar...

@blue: Really..?? I really cant believe that in a country like Canada, this is the truth...Anyways...this thing is very irritating for me. You wont believe, I have seen families where parents dont earn much enough to feed the family but still they just go on and on producing kids...!! I mean every parent or atleast the girl should think 10 times before getting pregnant...

After all, its her BODY and her RIGHT to decide. And, many pregnancies are not healthy for the body too...
Originally posted by kriya...arja

@red: Correct. The girl actually was at fault. She was hard working and she earned also. She was not out of money at least. And, the biggest lesson: NEVER EVER TRUST A MAN BLINDLY. This lesson we can take from both the cases of this girl Megha nd that woman Hansa Parmar...

@blue: Really..?? I really cant believe that in a country like Canada, this is the truth...Anyways...this thing is very irritating for me. You wont believe, I have seen families where parents dont earn much enough to feed the family but still they just go on and on producing kids...!! I mean every parent or atleast the girl should think 10 times before getting pregnant...

After all, its her BODY and her RIGHT to decide. And, many pregnancies are not healthy for the body too...
@purple: this is shocking, but unfortuntely, the truth.  The desire for son will never end I guess.  I don't know if you used to watch satya mein jayte (Aamir Khan's show) but the first episode was on killing female babies, actaully killing female fetile!!  So not even letting her born before killing her.  And in that episode, they interviewed some guys from a village who are all at the marriage age, but can't because they can't find any girls anymore.  Go figure!!!  The harsh truth is that this is just the beginning - from a village but if the desire for only son continues and for that girls are killed, this will eventually become city's reality too.

Yes, even in countries like Canada, it's always "I want a son."  And the worse part is, most of the time it's not the father who's under "I want son" pressure, it's from the mother - it's actually the mother who prefers to have a son.  It's absolutely disgusting!!  I mean I understand in old days, it was because of dowery and all that, but now a day, girls are standing on their own two feet.  They're getting the education, they're getting good jobs and if it's because of sexual assualt that parents don't want girls, then there are self defences courses available (especially for girls) almost everywhere.  So what's the problem?  Why is it still hard to accept the girls?  I personally know someone who's professional (well educated and good job) and who went to India to have an abortion because she found out that she's carrying female fetile!!!  Can you believe that?  This is from Canada in 21st centeury!!

@purple: this is shocking, but unfortuntely, the truth.  The desire for son will never end I guess.  I don't know if you used to watch satya mein jayte (Aamir Khan's show) but the first episode was on killing female babies, actaully killing female fetile!!  So not even letting her born before killing her.  And in that episode, they interviewed some guys from a village who are all at the marriage age, but can't because they can't find any girls anymore.  Go figure!!!  The harsh truth is that this is just the beginning - from a village but if the desire for only son continues and for that girls are killed, this will eventually become city's reality too.

Yes, even in countries like Canada, it's always "I want a son."  And the worse part is, most of the time it's not the father who's under "I want son" pressure, it's from the mother - it's actually the mother who prefers to have a son.  It's absolutely disgusting!!  I mean I understand in old days, it was because of dowery and all that, but now a day, girls are standing on their own two feet.  They're getting the education, they're getting good jobs and if it's because of sexual assualt that parents don't want girls, then there are self defences courses available (especially for girls) almost everywhere.  So what's the problem?  Why is it still hard to accept the girls?  I personally know someone who's professional (well educated and good job) and who went to India to have an abortion because she found out that she's carrying female fetile!!!  Can you believe that?  This is from Canada in 21st centeury!!

I have also seen this that it is the mother who wants a son..!! And, when a mother has two kids-One son and one daughter, she loves her son MORE...This is so irritating...

For all the love: SON but when it comes to the kitchen work: Daughter...
Hopeless scenario...
Strict punishment should be given to the couples who increase the burden of population just because to have a SON.
I know Muskaan!!  It's annoying, irratating, disgusting... everything but right.  Unfortunately, I dont think this will ever change.  Our parents and grandparents generation support son dominated society and if we want to support all are equal, they just won't let us do that.  I guess, come our kids generation, maybe then it will change.
I agree with you. Whatever happened to the girl was horrible and sick but as you rightly said that girl was responsible too. She knew that the man she "claims to love" is married. She should have stopped herself from having a physical relation with him.

Danger bells should have also rang in the girls head when he refused to marry her and told her that he wants to focus on his career. She should have seen that the man is not right.

I so agree when you said that most people want a son now a days too. Its really sad and shocking to see how many girls are being killed as families are blind over the need to have a son rather than a daughter.

I don't mean to sound rude but I feel that they should have stopped trying for a son after having one child. It was already hard enough for them to support one child and having more made it hard for them.

That politican was also disgusting. He used that girl for his advantage and then when done murdered her. The thing that angers me the most that despite being convicted of murder he is still allowed to roam free and lead a normal life.

What is up with politician who think that just because they have power they can do anything they want to?!
Edited by -Ritu567- - 11 years ago
Unfortunately, that's the reality in India Ritu - if you have the money and power, you can get away with anything and everything!!  I wish these people with power would actually use their power to do more right than wrong.  Only if...

As for the guy using her... well c'mon!!  A married man in politics messing around with a girl probably half his age... what could we expect?  That he was going to marry her and make her the happiest person living on planet earth?  Like really!!!  Yes I agree that man was at fault, but I think the girl was more at fault than the man was.  And the fact is that she accepted the money he would give her after... you know what.  So... yeah he was at fault, but she knew very well that she was playing with fire and she should've known that when playing with fire, you're bound to get burned - sooner or later.

I know Muskaan!!  It's annoying, irratating, disgusting... everything but right.  Unfortunately, I dont think this will ever change.  Our parents and grandparents generation support son dominated society and if we want to support all are equal, they just won't let us do that.  I guess, come our kids generation, maybe then it will change.

Right. Every educated girl should take an oath that she will not get pregnant to produce a boy as if she is machine meant for producing boys...

No matter, how much the in-laws force, how much the husband force, the girl should NOT attain pregnancy...
Originally posted by -Ritu567-

I agree with you. Whatever happened to the girl was horrible and sick but as you rightly said that girl was responsible too. She knew that the man she "claims to love" is married. She should have stopped herself from having a physical relation with him.

Danger bells should have also rang in the girls head when he refused to marry her and told her that he wants to focus on his career. She should have seen that the man is not right.

I so agree when you said that most people want a son now a days too. Its really sad and shocking to see how many girls are being killed as families are blind over the need to have a son rather than a daughter.

I don't mean to sound rude but I feel that they should have stopped trying for a son after having one child. It was already hard enough for them to support one child and having more made it hard for them.

That politician was also disgusting. He used that girl for his advantage and then when done murdered her. The thing that angers me the most that despite being convicted of murder he is still allowed to roam free and lead a normal life.

What is up with politician who think that just because they have power they can do anything they want to?!

Correct. Both the girl and the politician were equally disgusting...
That foolish girl slept with him and lost her life...

Also, the thing that irritates me that that the man is free to participate in the elections even when he is charged for a murder... This thing encourages the criminals to commit crimes...