Page   of 110
Page 2 Page 110

bheegi

IF-Sizzlerz

bheegi

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:31am | IP Logged

Foreshadowing/Symbolism in Qubool Hai

Hi Guys,

This is my weekend post for QH. As this is my first 4Lions show, I am just figuring out their writing style. Their writers have a unique way of writing their script. If one looks carefully, there is a lot of symbolism and foreshadowing throughout the story. I will try to recall some examples. Please feel free to add your own observations.

SCENES:

1. The Dargah scene takes the 'crown of foreshadowing' award. The scene where Asad spots Zoya crying in the Dargah. He is mesmerized and her shawl falls off her head so he can see the bride who was draped in the shawl. A clear indication that she is meant to be his bride. When Ayaan comes into the picture, she covers herself with the shawl again. Classic foreshadowing. Ayaan is the one who runs after her. Asad stays back in the Dargah and lights up a candle. Again, signifies that it's Ayaan who will pursue her while Asad wishes her best in life. Of course. Ayaan never finds her. She lands in front of Asad's car accidentally. So, it's always been Asad and will always be Asad for her.
Credit to the above interpretation goes to a blogger on tumblr. After I read her blog, I saw the oct 30th episode again and it made so much sense. If anyone is interested, pm me for the link. Her analysis is much more detailed and interesting to read. 
  1. Zoya has sustained many bruises and wounds since the beginning of the show. Most of them have been directly and indirectly inflicted by Asad. This symbolizes the nature of their relationship. Some of these wounds are physical, others are emotional. I shudder to think how this is going to play out in future. The one wound that he has not inflicted- the burn scar- is hidden from him. Another way to symbolize their relationship. She has hidden her old scars from him.
  2. Remember the phone fiasco? Zoya's voice mail password- I am sorry Zoya- foreshadowed what Asad will be doing throughout their story. How many times has he said 'I am sorry" now? If he would listen to her, I am sure he wouldn't have to say it so many times.
  3. Zoya's statement- 'aapki tarah nahin ki mera naam apni hatheli par likh kar ghoom rahein hain' Also very symbolic. Her name (the Z) is etched on his palm/heart forever. That means he has fallen for her for life.
  4. Ayaan's statements: Bhaijaan aapke aur mere beech koi ladki hi aayegi, Bhaajiaan kaash main bhi ekd din aapke liye aisi qurbaani de sakoon. These are self-explanatory.
  5. "We work great as a team" This statement by Zoya is important as whenever they have worked together, they have achieved success. When alone, either she gets into trouble or he is busy trying to save her/getting angry/fighting someone. Asad mian- zara gaur kariye is statement par J
  6. The sewing scene- foreshadows the beginning of the 'mending track' Zoya is going to enter the Siddiqui home and this will eventually (after a lot of bumps) lead to mending all broken relationships.
  7. Handcuffs: Very symbolic again. Even if they don't want to, they are tied to each other for life.

8. Just saw part 1. Ayaan's intro song is " main jat Yamla pagla deewana, itti so baat na jaana, ki wo mainoo pyaar kar di hai". He sings this song with humein and other girls.  

9. When imran's family is getting directions on the phone, humein a is shown to be smarter than Razia. We saw this in the whole engagement fiasco. So, if anyone can outwit Razia, then it will be Humeira. 

10. The frozen screen shot at the end of first episode shows zoya in between Ayaan and asad. Her eyes are gazing at Asad. 

11.  Even the book titles that Asad reads are symbolic. Yesterday, he was reading " essentials of perfection" That shows how desperate he is to go back to baseline (what he perceives as perfection) but Zoya messes his resolve every time. 

12.  The whole bond track was foreshadowing of the real detective work asad and zoya are doing now. 

13. This is Adeeti's observation: when Badi b and zoya collided, all the gifts fell down, symbolizing how Badi Bo's family has been scattered but zoya picks all the gifts one by one, symbolizing how she will help her gather the broken family and bring them together. The pouch with the raaz was on the top- so it will be the last thing to be revealed but the top most priority. 

14. Another one from Adeeti: the doll with the memory chip resents zoya whose memory will be triggered by events surrounding the doll factory. The doll is right now lying outside asad's house, discarded just like zoya was discarded 17 years ago ( the culprit might have thought they have killed or lst her) 

I am sure there are many more. Please feel free to add to the list.

Edited by bheegi - 05 March 2013 at 6:25am

The following 223 member(s) liked the above post:

angel83meghana1016naz_gullove_arnavcherry..rocksdhunki911UniqueUjjainiprasikshyaPavithraBagyasowhatmomogirl29mogultinkerlovedaintykinsAzyaamberyallharo170AphroditefallenTrueLoveIs4everZ_ROCKSaniashreemadhurietiMaria395Arshi8968SabrinaMredheartArshiforever8arnjalMayaB5IPKKNDzebestshan68Annie0247Virashtushenshah21888navtinderBhumika18sarafs1525shami9Kashish_88JPRulesmahalaxmikraji_bChitritarazor12ridhima_017rajvtaluvtwilight19eternalashazain_aliyasimikajen4291Sunshine25Anikz003kp96Cutiee_Ashhlove_me_notJiaaReeeternal_lovejanhavi1916tishmamsleeksenjemii_Aaniya_Asya6...SankaDevi...zzinia2411t1234errahmachar13Indidesicherryfrasierparthpathak31Fatima2Quboolianms.ObseSSeDNawelfathima85shayeri89teddyyyMistiofMistzAmor.Hazel-eyeNims-inajnarilla8zam123nikita_786ritukaprithvicoolfirelastmin..-DeViLiA-..ashlok4everSaHillover101sps1234Asya0910rparashAADHIDEVKrystal001AshaNegiFanPiu...PlayfulKiss..Jo_PinchyMayurnASYAbubbles_rogueadeeti10nihamrmSaimaa.Hbeautiful1ABCDesiGirl93hsvsNiharika17notagainzara1ksgsakshiksgSana70IIdewaaneIIB3ll3...sowmy18flowergardenfairy_stardusttvbug2011sophie420luv_virmanA.Hajnalasyaforlife_vineeta_ujala26princeegoyal-Mith-SriBTheMelody.jen_xsuds.cutiepreetquboolhai_1fanvenNoe123pisceangirlprincessjojosparikhZoyafansohu_ksgianNishitaraoletsrockshonashank201anushreemishraakaswanMisZoobieDoobiedua_44everksgfanamruta04annanyaksgianrendezvousvinShell16Rach...Mira..zhasan2sigridsam.-Yaz-janu1610barypreetipcFantasia_junkieGurmeet4DrashtiSONIRAJ1Krishnaluv94ZAHARA.trina2010PrasaichicksoupPoseidonArpimugfancool_srisharon33sree07-BolNaHalke-soni595zainaliya-12Siddhi_..Amina..samadesherms_angelzara-KSG-malikcrazy4KASH_ARHawaaPotPeraltaGarranty-ScarletRose-GroverAddictneenabinu-ElmoFuj-_Ridz_...OohLaLa...tranquilsoul..--epiPhobia--Nithiya95MisHumptyDumptyMoronsKiMallikaGredandForgePeeves.-MitwaIshqPe-..vidhi..PrizihottytottyMILII_BAKSHIDreA.Mouse.hifzaaexhalelove.shanakyasharanmcdreamy.-Eris-shreya11mehra_Oishi_-Jwalamukhi-IshaqzaadiCup-Of-ChaiAsad-Kii-Arzoosjainblessing-beauty-RohitMaxwell--DevilGal-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Foreshadowing/Symbolism in QH- IMP link pg 35" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shan68

Groupbie

shan68

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Your explanation to the scenes is superb.Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bheegishanakyasharan

MisHumptyDumpty

IF-Sizzlerz

MisHumptyDumpty

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:39am | IP Logged
1. The song  Tere Bin Sanu Sohneyaa, Chuke jo nakhra mera.

Self explanatory again, 
Asad's tempers Asad mood swings everything has been accepted by Zoya, Hence she is the Ultimate One.

2. Promo of the Gudiya Ghaar!

Explained it here, too lazy to type it out again. Soory  LOL

3. Ap meri zindagi se kab ruksat hongi.

She dies, his world ends. He behaves rudely with her, cause he wants to be out of this, as it is dangerous for her. But he very well knows, he cant afford to loose her anymore again.

4. Asad does accepts what Yash tells him. "Aap aisi galti nahi karengey"

He doesnt protest, he just looks at Zoya and prays for her. 

5. Asad feels hurt when Zoya tells "Mujhe laga ki main apse abhi bhi judi huyi hoon!"

The hurt was visibly shown. He indeed wanted her to be with him.

6. Apko apki wali miljaye.

Both were talking about the same girl, both wanted to meet the same girl, but its Asad who bumps into Zoya, not Ayaan.

7. Ayaan and Zoya.

Although they were in the same house of Asad, they never met, Asad thought Ayaan did meet, but it was only Asad who always landed up in Mitwaa with Zoya

8. Ayaan comes to college to meet Zoya.

Ayaan does come to college to meet Zoya, but never gets to meet her. They do clash, but never met. Although Asad meets Zoya everytime they met.

9. Meteor shower.

How can we forget that? Asad indirectly wishes himself for Zoya, Zoya indirectly wishes herself for him. And they end up thinking about the same person at night.

10. They both sleep on the same side of the bed. 

Ayaan sleeps on his stomach so does Humera, and Asad sleeps straight just like Zoya. [yeah i know that's lame but LOLZz did you guys notice? loolzzz]

11. Its Asad who saves Zoya.

There has not been a place where Ayaan saved Zoya. Instead he created problems for her. But Asad is the one who saved her from death too.

12. Mitwaa.

Asad and Zoya are the one having  Mitwaa, and Humera and Ayaan have a different bg [reference at the swing scene]

Edited by MisHumptyDumpty - 16 February 2013 at 10:52am

The following 81 member(s) liked the above post:

love_arnavAnnie0247nshah21888redheartAzyaMaria395fabsomearshiArshi8968TriniIndian88zzinia2411fee-feeAsya6jemiiFatima2Indidesilove_me_notjanhavi1916ksenmslee...SankaDevi...razor12slovearmaanzain_aliyamahalaxmikms.ObseSSeDfathima85MistiofMistzAADHIDEVAshaNegiFanashlok4everSaHillover101flowergardenB3ll3...beautiful1..PlayfulKiss..RadheKrish1havokhotlineNims-sakshiksgA.Hajnalsophie420luv_virman_vineeta_sohu_ksgianNoe123.Sia.ujala26princeegoyaltvbug2011princessjojosparikhsam.Shell16rendezvousvinhonestyfirstSONIRAJ1amruta04janu1610chicksoupgieeArpimugfan-KSGsmitten-akaswan-BolNaHalke-bheegiNithiya95Prizi..vidhi..-MitwaIshqPe-Siddhi_GroverAddict-ElmoFuj-exhalelove.hifzaashanakyasharanshreya11mehraCup-Of-ChaiAsad-Kii-Arzoo.Mouse.DreASurish

nishithasharma

Goldie

nishithasharma

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:41am | IP Logged
such a nice post & gr8 observations...Clap
i jst dnt want d writers to ruin d show by bringing zoe & ayaan together as zoe & asad r d soulmates...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fee-feebheegi

_Oishi_

IF-Stunnerz

_Oishi_

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
awesome post bheegi Di..perfect...great observations

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bheegi

blessing-beauty

IF-Addictz

blessing-beauty

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
beautiful post sangeeta di <3 

bheegi

ujala26

IF-Dazzler

ujala26

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:45am | IP Logged
amazing post<3
hats off to four lions

bheegi

_Annie_

IF-Dazzler

_Annie_

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Great observations! The first one was Awesome!Clap

bheegi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.