Joined: 05 June 2006
Foreshadowing/Symbolism in Qubool Hai
This is my weekend post for QH. As this is my first 4Lions show, I am just figuring out their writing style. Their writers have a unique way of writing their script. If one looks carefully, there is a lot of symbolism and foreshadowing throughout the story. I will try to recall some examples. Please feel free to add your own observations.
8. Just saw part 1. Ayaan's intro song is " main jat Yamla pagla deewana, itti so baat na jaana, ki wo mainoo pyaar kar di hai". He sings this song with humein and other girls.
9. When imran's family is getting directions on the phone, humein a is shown to be smarter than Razia. We saw this in the whole engagement fiasco. So, if anyone can outwit Razia, then it will be Humeira.
10. The frozen screen shot at the end of first episode shows zoya in between Ayaan and asad. Her eyes are gazing at Asad.
11. Even the book titles that Asad reads are symbolic. Yesterday, he was reading " essentials of perfection" That shows how desperate he is to go back to baseline (what he perceives as perfection) but Zoya messes his resolve every time.
12. The whole bond track was foreshadowing of the real detective work asad and zoya are doing now.
13. This is Adeeti's observation: when Badi b and zoya collided, all the gifts fell down, symbolizing how Badi Bo's family has been scattered but zoya picks all the gifts one by one, symbolizing how she will help her gather the broken family and bring them together. The pouch with the raaz was on the top- so it will be the last thing to be revealed but the top most priority.
14. Another one from Adeeti: the doll with the memory chip resents zoya whose memory will be triggered by events surrounding the doll factory. The doll is right now lying outside asad's house, discarded just like zoya was discarded 17 years ago ( the culprit might have thought they have killed or lst her)
I am sure there are many more. Please feel free to add to the list.
Joined: 23 May 2012
Joined: 31 July 2012
Joined: 22 January 2013
Joined: 06 December 2009
Crazy Creative Baby
Joined: 19 February 2009
Joined: 21 November 2010
Joined: 18 October 2011
On the sets of Zee TV’s Eid special 'Dawaat-e-Eid', the two chatted ... 37
Talented Archana Taide adds a feather in her cap as she is writing for ... 66