Posted: 17 years ago
I had an avatar which i wanted to change, i went into setting edit profile to do that, deleted my old 1 and tried to put in the new 1. I was not able to load the new 1, but have also lost the old 1.

The avatar is below 40K and less than 96x96 the size allowed by the forum.

Previously when i used to go into avatar it used to ask for the file and then load the file, now when i give the path of the file it does not load it.

When i put it on imageshack or tinypic i can only see it if i enable sigs option which takes the pages very long to load so i keep the siggy option to NO as my internet connection is slow.

Please let me know how do i get my old avatar back.

I use Opera browser, i have uninstalled and reinstalled it, tried firefox as well but same problem even with firefox.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by pinkykhan - 17 years ago
Please use the following tutorial to load images. It should work! If it doesnt post here again.

Tutorial on how to add images

And banners ettings has to be on in order for you to be able to see yourz and others' sigs. If you set it as "off" then you WONT be able to sig ur and otherz sig but other people will be able to see yourz!
Edited by heart girl - 17 years ago
Originally posted by heart girl

Please use the following tutorial to load images. It should work! If it doesnt post here again.
Tutorial on how to add images
And banners ettings has to be on in order for you to be able to see yourz and others' sigs. If you set it as "off" then you WONT be able to sig ur and otherz sig but other people will be able to see yourz!

Thanks for ur reply, i do know how to upload images, have done it tons of times, and i have mentioned in my post that if i upload on imageshack or tinypic then i have to have the avatars and banners option to "yes", but i cant do that as my internet speed is slow.

What i would like to know is that previously it used to load images from the hard disk and to the left it still says that :

"Select Avatar
This is the small icon shown next to your posts. Either select one from the list or type the path in to your own Avatar (must be 96 x 96 pixels)."

When i am giving the path and it was previously loaded so its within limits allowed by the forum then why is it not doing so now.

umm I m not quite understanding your problem then umm I ll get someone to answer your Q plz wait!
ok, so wen you upload it it doesnt work?...can you upload both avis on imageshack and post the link here?
This is the 1 i had and want back:

This is the direct code for the avatar:
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/919/avatarabfi6.gif

Thanks all for helping out, but i think only Vijay can answer if he has disabled the option of loading Avatars on the server or there is some other problem.

The other problem i am facing is that when i use firefox and visit a forum i get posts starting July 6, 2006. No matter how much i refresh i do not get the current entries.

Thinking that my windows has gone corrupt, i even formatted my Hard Disk and reinstalled the browsers first but still the problem persists.

Edited by pinkykhan - 17 years ago
The pic u posted is the same one in ur avatar right now ......

second problem is confusing. please pm VIjay for that! sorry
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

The pic u posted is the same one in ur avatar right now ......

second problem is confusing. please pm VIjay for that! sorry

I think u have not understood my problem. I am also sending u a PM

My problem is.
Previously in the settings edit profile, u could select the path to ur avi on ur hard disk and it used to load that. I tried to load a new 1 but that did not load and i lost my old 1 as well. If it did not load the new 1 it should have atleast kept the old 1.

If u load an avi the above way, and in the profile u had the option of "Show Video Avatars + Banner Signatures" set to "NO" u could still see the avatars.

I have that option as a "NO" because my internet connection is slow, if i change it to "YES" with the video avatars every1's siggy's will also be displayed, and sometimes a single page requirs 10-15 mins to load.

Now u get to see my avatar because, i have it there thru imageshack and u have enabled the option to view avatars and banner siggy's, those that have this option disabled will not be able to see it.

Just try it out, change ur setting of "Show Video Avatars + Banner Signatures" to "No" and check u will not be able to see my avatar or any others that have been loaded thru other servers like imageshack or tinypic etc.

But u will be able to see those that have been loaded thru the hard disk directly, and i would just like to load mines directly again thru the Hard Disk.

Problem 2
The other problem of VBScipt has gotten solved by itself, but occurs again when i try to upload avatar from my Hard Disk

Problem 3
When i visit a forum i get old entries dating back to July 6 backward, when i refresh then i get the current ones.

I did send a PM to Vijay when i posted my problem, but he has not read my PM as yet.

Ok...let me decipher and try to solve your problem...

PROBLEM 1:

For now, I know that we can't upload avatars from our hard disk because there is no BROWSE button. So therefore, we have to upload the avatar to a site www.tinypic.com and then copy the link and paste it in the box.

Also when you check the section NO for displaying avi and siggys, you can't see your own avatar (i don't know why)

If you have any more questions, do ask me (sorry if I confused you)