Harry Potter

HP Quiz -This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;) -Season 2 (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 151

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Avani is it Kreacher? He's an elf.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HP Quiz -This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;) -Season 2 (Page 13)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princess_avani

Here's one---
Having lost the family members, one by one, He's family has been serving the black house till death
This guilt in my heart weighed a ton!  Guilt of leaving R.A.B. secret unknow or something not sure here.Ermm
I couldn't fulfil the promise he extracted from me, He wasn't serving his master Sirius as he should
But i got another chance, with these three! The trio talked to him politely and gave a chance.
Slowly i became what i was always meant to be, He started serving Harry his master well
With this life, i would never want to be free!! He like all elves like to serve their masters.
Kreacher am i right Avani?

...Nidhi...

Goldie

...Nidhi...

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Is it Kreacher?

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Updated my FF please read it.

Edited by Cutecj - 18 February 2013 at 7:22am

princess_avani

princess_avani

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:23am | IP Logged
It is kreacher but here is the reason!
Having lost the family members, one by one,
He considered the black family as his own because he belonged to them
This guilt in my heart weighed a ton!
Regulus' death had broken his mistresses heart and he felt guilty for not telling her the truth!!
I couldn't fulfil the promise he extracted from me,
Regulus asked him to destroy the locket but he couldn't do it!!
But i got another chance, with these three
They were planning to destroy the locket too!!
Slowly i became what i was always meant to be,
He became a good elf again and served them properly
With this life, i would never want to be free!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneCutecjEphemera

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princess_avani

It is kreacher but here is the reason!
Having lost the family members, one by one,
He considered the black family as his own because he belonged to them
This guilt in my heart weighed a ton!
Regulus' death had broken his mistresses heart and he felt guilty for not telling her the truth!!
I couldn't fulfil the promise he extracted from me,
Regulus asked him to destroy the locket but he couldn't do it!!
But i got another chance, with these three
They were planning to destroy the locket too!!
Slowly i became what i was always meant to be,
He became a good elf again and served them properly
With this life, i would never want to be free!!
Wow nice reasoning. Big smile

Lumos

IF-Rockerz

Lumos

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mione

Originally posted by Lumos

@Oh my god! What a speed this thread is taking on!!
nice riddles guys. Sorry i missed all :-( :-( .

@hermy- that was a superb one. But how can TT rectify things? forgive me whenever i hear this time turner thing i get agressively debating! LOL I consider it a major flaw in JKR's creations.
And thanks for once again coming to my rescue ref cutie-cum-QT thing! LOLLOL
and you havent been loosing your charm yaar. Students are getting quicker and smarter!Big smile

@as to the latest riddle, i too think its Sirius :)

Yeah you missed all...where are you???Angry Now you have to give two riddles in the next 24hrs to make up!!! ApproveLOL

Well I can understand how you feel about the TT since I hadmany doubts about it myself. But after mulling over it a lot, I think it'squite acceptable the way JKR put it (remember it's a magical world after allWink). See the thing is, theTime-Turner doesn't really change anything literally, but gives you a chance towork on something, something that you wish to work on but think there's notenough time for----provided the deadline is not missed.Approve

This can be explained with regard to both the scenariosmentioned in the book:

1. Hermione using it for classes/studying

. Sirius' rescue mission

In both cases Hermione is aware of how to use it and of thepros and cons of being spotted by her former self or others. The deadline insituation 1 is, for eg: the time of the class she has to attend after the oneshe has attended by using the TT. And in situation 2 it is before Dumbledorelocks them in the Hospital Wing.

So coming to your question, the TT does not rectify anythingbut like I mentioned in the riddle too, it provides an opportunity torectify-----before it's too late (In the case of PoA, before Sirius can besubjected to the Dementor's Kiss). "Nothing can be changed becauseanything a traveller does would merely produce the circumstances he had notedbefore travelling."-Theory of Time Travel. SmileExamples that can explain this is that in the actualtime, Harry was also hit by a snail shell, and Hermione still heardthe crack of a branch - which was what happened in the past.

The only fault, well not fault but deviation rather, that Ifound was that, in the book when the Time-Turner is used it takes theperson back to the location where they were present at the time they'd goneback to. However, in the film, when the Time-Turner is used it leaves theperson in the same place they were when they turned time back.LOL

Phewww...sorry for the long post, but concepts like these,take a lot of attention to detail!WinkEmbarrassed

thanks a lot hermy for engaging in such an intriguing discussion. Well all that you said is perfectly fine. But the confusion, or precisely the contradictions do not end.
I put this simple question - WHAT IF hermione and harry would not have travelled back in time? What would have been the consequence?
           We learn that travelling via TT is a choice. We saw an incidence when hermione had accidently missed one of her TT-lectures and resultantly she had to work out the study on her own. In short, knowledge didnt shoot into her brain automatically just because she was unable to travel. Following this principle, if harry n hermione wouldnt have travelled, who would be the person who would have cast the patronus?? The fact is the casting took place before they travelled. It would mean then that casting of patronus by TT-harry advances the future. And no one can advance into the future as that would mean forseeing the future accurately. I know i know one might argue that you can only travel back in time by turning back the chimes, and not advance into future. But my arguement follows from its incidental collary which seems to be in a severe contradiction. Hope i havent confused you! Embarrassed would love to know your take on it. :) though i adore JKR for her other creations and logical reasonings, but she isnt an einstein and by introducing TT she certainly did place herself in deep waters. Sometime back i did read some vague justifications on the web like you travel in time-loop and all that jazz. To me its preposterous as Time Doesnt travel in a loop. There is a past, present and future and thats the truth. No power can tamper it, not even magic!

Edited by Lumos - 19 February 2013 at 9:40am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneCutecjEphemera

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 20 February 2013 at 1:54am | IP Logged
Okay guys here is one.

Clumsy but responsible,
Dangerous yet lovable.
Honest but protective,
to an extent  sensitive.