Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
wow wow wow
thanks a lot hermy for sharing your experience.
Im jealous now!! :-P

and Congrats for emerging the winner. the most clever witch!!!! i don't cal you hermy just for nothing!!

and i so wanna see the goodies! is it possible for you to take a snap? if yes, you may pm or post here. pls say yes!!!!!!!!

and yes pm all that you felt uncomfortable saying here. we toh are forever hungry for potter gossip and news!!

wish i was there!
Bdw who are these people who'd organised the function? and they did all this for free?! surprising.

Mione thumbnail
Yes alright..I'll PM them. But only the merchandise ok!

However, that's only if you give another riddle ðŸ˜›
Ephemera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Al...am glad you had such an awesome outing🤗...and i get you when you say your present state😆...so much to share😃 yet so tired ...bursting with excitement 😃but body begging to have rest😳
this is called Fan convention hon ðŸ˜Š...lucky for you.😉..that you could go to a Con..i wish i could go to a SPN con..(one of the world's most happening conventions)..so yeah i can relate to you in many levels..
i can imagine your happiness each time when you would have won and earn a point..😳
and TBH i would not have fared at all..as i don't have THAT much Knowledge of HP..would have made a fool out of myself there😆

and i perfectly get you..your concerns dear..so relax we understand you..so no matter who you are and what is your identity..to me you have always been this...this sincere potterhead little sis to me🤗 and TBH after reading your write-up i feel ashamed of myself and have decided to quit calling myself Potter head..instead i would be JUST a potter admirer...That's the actual fan category i belong😆

well it did sound excitement and action packed ...i wonder everything happened in just a day??😲 thats' cool...loved the details of games..😃 and the merchandise..which reminds me last year i got  JKR's complete set of works collector edition...(HP and non HP)..as a part of some charity ... i had donated few years back to Comic Relief...which i had completely forgotten...as i had donated through my uncle's card in US he got an email..asking My address and then after 15 days i got a parcel with JKR's original autographed complete collection set😃
now it's sitting with my Entire collection of JRR's & Agatha Christie's works in my Friend's Personal Library in MYSORE..(she has done masters in Library science and is into restoration of palm leaf manuscripts and old books so who better to take care of it than her?? and whenever i feel like opening a book she sends me the book and reaches me in 3 hours)
Lumos thumbnail
Arre yes yaar only goodies!
i don't see any riddle coming from me anytime sooner.. forgive me but Im neck deep in so many thin.s ..not in a riddle making frame of mind at all. :-(

laks..we share mutual feelings. i ain't a potter head too...just an admirer !
Lumos thumbnail
i don't understand why i face so much prob in liking posts from my cell on this particular thread only!!!!
pfff
JoelMarrs thumbnail
Harry Poter Quiz... I know. it's not magic. it's all about ... . graphic.
nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mione

I'm back and yes get ready because I'm going to rattle on and on and on...Also, I'm not in a state to type out complete phrases or use smileys so please bear with it and try to understand the emotions behind each statement.

Yesterday was AWESOME...never would I have imagined that there would be so many potterheads in Mumbai itself. Goodness gracious that was a sight to remember!!! Must have been about 500 or so. Some had even taken so much effort as to dress up like a character...I saw 2 Luna's, 2 Bellatrix's, 1 Harry, 1 Tonks, 1 Pair of the Patil Twins and 1 Rita Skeeter. There was also a lady probably in her early 40's who dressed up according to me like Molly Weasley, but she had a big camera around her neck, so I couldn't really decide who she was. Anyway, back to the events...First, we got sorted into different houses on the basis of a mobile app quiz. I got Gryffindor but unfortunately they ran out off badges and asked me if I wouldn't mind choosing any other. So I took Ravenclaw. They had various merchandise on sale but by the time I reached almost everything was over...so they'd starting taking orders. I bought a Gryffindor Seeker T-shirt and placed an order for one which said 'I solemnly swear that I'm upto no good'.
But the best part comes now...that's the quiz...the part I was most excited about. I think around 150 or more people participated. We were asked to get ourselves into teams of 3. I had a friend with me, and then luckily she spotted another friend of hers...so we had our Trio! It was a multi-section quiz and the first round had the OWLS (FIB, True or False, Who said to Whom, MCQs and a Crossword). We had so much fun solving it. I wish I could go into details of the questions but then I'll never stop. They said they'd announce the results at 3 pm...so then we went up to the terrace where they were playing Wizrdopoly and again selling some cool merchandise (Shoes, Tattoos - Dark Mark and Scar, Lockets, Jelly Beans, etc.) There were also cupcakes designed as Harry, Ron, Dumbledore and one with the snitch on it. I ate Ron obviously...so yummm *hehe*.
Then we went out for lunch and on return went and sat at the movie screening. OotP was going on at that time. And the joy of watching an HP movie with fellow potterheads is a totally out of the world experience. The amount of cheers that went up when Kingsley says 'You may not like it minister, but you can't deny...Dumbledore's got style' is something I will never forget.

(Contd. in next post)...

🥳     ðŸ˜ƒ
nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yayyy you won...they are no match for our hermione :) 
Ephemera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
it was important to them..
so was it important to him..
it helped them for certain..
and to him with no gain..
made them go through every pain
while it gave him enough pain
Both end together
with few noted resemblance
but are as different as one can get
finding everywhere their resonance
setting up a story so fair..
making heroes out of kids so rare
while it took one over similarity
 to get them through
it cost two over similarity 
to meet his end so low...
thus proving that
one is always the better of other

guess the "Its" if you see/feel/understand  the difference too😳

here you go guys i came up in between work..hope you enjoy it..
a small gift from a birthday girl.. THINK..😃
Lumos thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
once again a v happy birthday, girl!!

thanks for the riddle!!
tell us who are "them" and "him" and I'll be able to crack then :-P