Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Leesan

IF-Rockerz

Leesan

Posted: 15 February 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
"Scenario: How many of you would actually consider a woman who was either Divorced or Widowed for marriage? Would you accept her if she had kids, or would you rather her be childless divorcee or widowed? And for the girls, would it be as hard for you to think you could live a normal life once again married after being divorced or widowed? Or for the sake of your children would you remain single to only live your life for you kids? "

Once again, great topic! Thank you! And I don't know why you or anyone else would consider it to be offensive? Remarriage is one of life's realities and nowadays  happens pretty regularly! 

I would imagine its not that common in many societies where arranged marriages are the norm. As a widow / divorcee especially with children would be considered a least desirable match,especially for a bachelor. Maybe if the groom himself is a widower or divorcee ,or is much older! 

But this is not unusual in western societies these days. I've known quite a few single men elect to marry women with a child ,some of these women have never even been married before either.  And some  of these men would be considered quite eligible too! Wink  Times are changing and societal norms as well. And if these women can get a second chance at love and happiness, security and stability then good for them ,and kudos to the men that love and accept them as well as their children! Thumbs Up

What I would advise is that if there are children involved that all parties engage in pre marital counseling to avoid many of the pitfalls that can result later on. Clear the air up front so to speak and take your time! People need to be assured that their new partners can gel well with their kids and vice versa! After all a parents utmost responsibility is to their children that they've chosen to bring into this world!  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SilentDreamer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Scenario 2 (Page 2)" in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SilentDreamer

SilentDreamer

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Leesan

"Scenario: How many of you would actually consider a woman who was either Divorced or Widowed for marriage? Would you accept her if she had kids, or would you rather her be childless divorcee or widowed? And for the girls, would it be as hard for you to think you could live a normal life once again married after being divorced or widowed? Or for the sake of your children would you remain single to only live your life for you kids? "

Once again, great topic! Thank you! And I don't know why you or anyone else would consider it to be offensive? Remarriage is one of life's realities and nowadays  happens pretty regularly! 

I would imagine its not that common in many societies where arranged marriages are the norm. As a widow / divorcee especially with children would be considered a least desirable match,especially for a bachelor. Maybe if the groom himself is a widower or divorcee ,or is much older! 

But this is not unusual in western societies these days. I've known quite a few single men elect to marry women with a child ,some of these women have never even been married before either.  And some  of these men would be considered quite eligible too! Wink  Times are changing and societal norms as well. And if these women can get a second chance at love and happiness, security and stability then good for them ,and kudos to the men that love and accept them as well as their children! Thumbs Up

What I would advise is that if there are children involved that all parties engage in pre marital counseling to avoid many of the pitfalls that can result later on. Clear the air up front so to speak and take your time! People need to be assured that their new partners can gel well with their kids and vice versa! After all a parents utmost responsibility is to their children that they've chosen to bring into this world!  

Thank you for bring up the advise and point in premarital counseling. That would be a great way to let all parties and individuals come to terms and agree to work together. It would be extremely helpful in many ways. I also agree- kudos to the men that are able to love and accept women and their children equally and wholeheartedly! Thank you for also not taking any offense and being so welcoming to be about this post! Definitely boosts up the confidence in posting when I see people appreciate my attempts instead of bashing as you tend to see in other forums.

Leesan

kunakshafan26

IF-Rockerz

kunakshafan26

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged
good topic but i am a girl so cant say

SilentDreamer

Leesan

IF-Rockerz

Leesan

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 8:14am | IP Logged
By xSaher786x : "Thank you for bring up the advise and point in premarital counseling. That would be a great way to let all parties and individuals come to terms and agree to work together. It would be extremely helpful in many ways. I also agree- kudos to the men that are able to love and accept women and their children equally and wholeheartedly! Thank you for also not taking any offense and being so welcoming to be about this post! Definitely boosts up the confidence in posting when I see people appreciate my attempts instead of bashing as you tend to see in other forums. "

By Leesan: thanks for your kind words...but the pleasure is all mine! Smile

I really enjoy reading and commenting on these thought provoking posts as they pertain to the myriad of issues highlighted in NBT .  What I would suggest in the future is that you give each scenario a more catchy and descriptive title! Wink  Just to draw some more attention to your posts/ thread!  I'm sure if there was an addition like " Would you marry...?" To your scenario 2, then other members may be tempted to open and comment as well. Just a suggestion, hope you don't mind! Smile

SilentDreamer

SilentDreamer

SilentDreamer

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Leesan: No no, I don't mind at all. Thank you for such a great suggestion. I'll definitely try to come up with more catchy titles for my other future provoking posts! :)

Leesan

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.