Posted: 11 years ago
I know this is related to season 1, but I wasn't here to burden all of you with my presence therefore I am making up for lost time. Plus I am really curious to see answers from especially the men on this forum. To be honest, I didn't even realize how many males we actually might have on this forum. So mainly guys, this one is for you.

Scenario: How many of you would actually consider a woman who was either Divorced or Widowed for marriage? Would you accept her if she had kids, or would you rather her be childless divorcee or widowed? And for the girls, would it be as hard for you to think you could live a normal life once again married after being divorced or widowed? Or for the sake of your children would you remain single to only live your life for you kids?

I am sorry if this is an offensive topic. If it is please let me know, and I'll make sure I don't offend anyone but for the record, that is not my intention. I am solely trying to engage people in analytical discussions. To open our minds, to broaden our horizons. As the youth of today, I think it is important for us to tackle these narrow minded situations and pave a way for new traditions and rules.

I think it is unfair to women who are divorced, and widowed to be treated the way that they are. I have an aunt who was divorced very early on in her marriage. And it wasn't because she was being unreasonable, but because she was being tortured by her ex. I think it is unfair for these women to be casted from society, and I believe the only way to stop this injustice is by facing them and changing the status quo.
No one willing to comment on this scenario? You've made it pink thanks for the views! But comments would also be nice!
Well... If the matter comes all personal! I would have no problem marrying a divorcee or a widow! But in such situation family & society plays an important role... So i cant really say on it right now, if i ll go throug the scenario i will definitely do my best to do what will be good for all 😊
Saher I missed this post 😊..thanks for bringing it to the first page.

Nice topic to discuss.

I dont want to put myself in the situation of a divorcee or a widow. But if I think hypothetically, it is definitely a very difficult task for a divorcee/widow with kids to move on in life with another man. Like how Megha was in season 1 when Mohan proposed marriage to her. But it is definitely not impossible. And there is absolutely nothing wrong in a divorcee/widow with kids marrying again. She is a human being first and is entitled to every happiness. For everything to free-flow, she needs to understand that she is not alone and her kids also should be happy with her choice of partner and the partner should be equally compassionate with the kids.

I want to write lots more but time is a constraint. Will edit this post later 😳.
Originally posted by -Amit143-

Well... If the matter comes all personal! I would have no problem marrying a divorcee or a widow! But in such situation family & society plays an important role... So i cant really say on it right now, if i ll go throug the scenario i will definitely do my best to do what will be good for all 😊

Thank you for being honest and giving your point of view! I understand how personal it can be, and therefore I am sorry if i've crossed boundaries asking this scenario. I agree that Family and society plays a role, but I believe that we individuals are the root cause of this, and that if we desire we can change this mindset. We as individuals make up a society, so if we individually educate and support one another, then eventually the society as a whole will shift. That way Family will be able to accept and come terms with this. Again thank you for your opinion!
Originally posted by sumiswap

Saher I missed this post 😊..thanks for bringing it to the first page.

Nice topic to discuss.

I dont want to put myself in the situation of a divorcee or a widow. But if I think hypothetically, it is definitely a very difficult task for a divorcee/widow with kids to move on in life with another man. Like how Megha was in season 1 when Mohan proposed marriage to her. But it is definitely not impossible. And there is absolutely nothing wrong in a divorcee/widow with kids marrying again. She is a human being first and is entitled to every happiness. For everything to free-flow, she needs to understand that she is not alone and her kids also should be happy with her choice of partner and the partner should be equally compassionate with the kids.

I want to write lots more but time is a constraint. Will edit this post later 😳.

You're welcome! And I totally understand not wanting to put yourself in that scenario. I am sorry if that is crossing my boundaries. I just sought to discuss a topic that is being showed in this drama and to bring it up in a real life situation. I agree that for a woman it is a lot difficult for her to move on in life with another man, especially when she has children. And I totally agree that it is unfair however to deny a woman the right to go on if she decides to do so. Again, I just think that individually we need to keep our minds and hearts open. As individuals can we hope to bring about change in our society, because we as individuals are what makes up a society. Once again thank you for your comments! :)
Marrying anyone to change the status in the society or for the kids sake would not be an option according to me. Only if one falls in love with a person like MM should we consider marrying. Be it for men or women
Originally posted by 1973anu

Marrying anyone to change the status in the society or for the kids sake would not be an option according to me. Only if one falls in love with a person like MM should we consider marrying. Be it for men or women

I'm sorry if by any of my comments you thought I didn't mean that. I agree that remarriage should be an option only if both the man or woman are comfortable with the idea. Although I honestly think that usually women, don't think of it because they fear what society will say because it is not openly or commonly accepted. That's all. Thank you for you views and opinions though!
"Scenario: How many of you would actually consider a woman who was either Divorced or Widowed for marriage? Would you accept her if she had kids, or would you rather her be childless divorcee or widowed? And for the girls, would it be as hard for you to think you could live a normal life once again married after being divorced or widowed? Or for the sake of your children would you remain single to only live your life for you kids? "

Once again, great topic! Thank you! And I don't know why you or anyone else would consider it to be offensive? Remarriage is one of life's realities and nowadays  happens pretty regularly! 

I would imagine its not that common in many societies where arranged marriages are the norm. As a widow / divorcee especially with children would be considered a least desirable match,especially for a bachelor. Maybe if the groom himself is a widower or divorcee ,or is much older! 

But this is not unusual in western societies these days. I've known quite a few single men elect to marry women with a child ,some of these women have never even been married before either.  And some  of these men would be considered quite eligible too! 😉  Times are changing and societal norms as well. And if these women can get a second chance at love and happiness, security and stability then good for them ,and kudos to the men that love and accept them as well as their children! 👍🏼

What I would advise is that if there are children involved that all parties engage in pre marital counseling to avoid many of the pitfalls that can result later on. Clear the air up front so to speak and take your time! People need to be assured that their new partners can gel well with their kids and vice versa! After all a parents utmost responsibility is to their children that they've chosen to bring into this world!  
Originally posted by Leesan

"Scenario: How many of you would actually consider a woman who was either Divorced or Widowed for marriage? Would you accept her if she had kids, or would you rather her be childless divorcee or widowed? And for the girls, would it be as hard for you to think you could live a normal life once again married after being divorced or widowed? Or for the sake of your children would you remain single to only live your life for you kids? "

Once again, great topic! Thank you! And I don't know why you or anyone else would consider it to be offensive? Remarriage is one of life's realities and nowadays  happens pretty regularly! 

I would imagine its not that common in many societies where arranged marriages are the norm. As a widow / divorcee especially with children would be considered a least desirable match,especially for a bachelor. Maybe if the groom himself is a widower or divorcee ,or is much older! 

But this is not unusual in western societies these days. I've known quite a few single men elect to marry women with a child ,some of these women have never even been married before either.  And some  of these men would be considered quite eligible too! 😉  Times are changing and societal norms as well. And if these women can get a second chance at love and happiness, security and stability then good for them ,and kudos to the men that love and accept them as well as their children! 👍🏼

What I would advise is that if there are children involved that all parties engage in pre marital counseling to avoid many of the pitfalls that can result later on. Clear the air up front so to speak and take your time! People need to be assured that their new partners can gel well with their kids and vice versa! After all a parents utmost responsibility is to their children that they've chosen to bring into this world!  

Thank you for bring up the advise and point in premarital counseling. That would be a great way to let all parties and individuals come to terms and agree to work together. It would be extremely helpful in many ways. I also agree- kudos to the men that are able to love and accept women and their children equally and wholeheartedly! Thank you for also not taking any offense and being so welcoming to be about this post! Definitely boosts up the confidence in posting when I see people appreciate my attempts instead of bashing as you tend to see in other forums.