Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Discussion: Let go or fight for your love?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
I've heard different philosophies on love over time.

Some say, "When you love someone, don't give him up without a fight."

While others say, "If you love someone, let him go. If he comes back to you, he's yours forever. If he doesn't, then he was never meant to be."

What do you think?  Should you let the person you love go?  After all, love is not something that can be owned.  You can't keep someone by your side if they don't want to be there.  No one would be happy.  Or should you fight for the person till the end?  You don't get anything until you really go for it.  So if you just give up, isn't that not trusting your love?

Contradictory thoughts... what's your take on it?
Edited by -Mystery- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seefi_boy thumbnail
this is video of my friend who dedicated his last moments to his late wife...

http://vimeo.com/user16322258/love
.Sam. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think that if u think the other person is worth fighting for.. The love is worth fighting for.. Then jst go fot it.. Dnt over think it.. coz u mite be losing on smthing precious :)
My favorite quote of all time is " if you love someone, let them go. If they come back to you, they are yours...if they don't, the never were to begin with"

Hmm, I feel there is no point hanging onto someone. It's completely worthless because no matter what you do for the person is completely ignored and left unappreciated.

Ofcourse, at first you do feel the urge to fight for your love, to make them yours, to make them love you..but then comes a point when you are completely fed up ... and the best option is to let go and move on.

Edited by V.I.P - 11 years ago
"If you love someone, let him go. If he comes back to you, he's yours forever. If he doesn't, then he was never meant to be."

I agree with this...
AlwaysHisJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
if the other person is not in love with you then there is not point of fighting ... you just need to let them go ... yes you can still love them but dont wait for them ...
starsanjana thumbnail
it all depends on the situation...
Surabhi_G thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Amanda-

"If you love someone, let him go. If he comes back to you, he's yours forever. If he doesn't, then he was never meant to be."

I agree with this...

Yes she is right if he is yours than will come for you. 
xox.iloveyou thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
It all depends on the situation really. you cant force the person to stay with you. i agree with the quote "If you love someone, let him go. If he comes back to you, he's yours forever. If he doesn't, then he was never meant to be."

but i also believe that you should fight for your love to an extent but not go extreme. Because they might just be gone forever. And if they dont come back atleast you can live with the thought that atleast you tried to make it work instead of regreting about it and thinking of "what ifs" :)
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
As some persons have stated, you can't force someone to love you or to stay with you. This point can be explained in a way I understand. The reason I want to be in a relationship is because I want to improve my capability to love or in otherwords, I want to improve my capabilities of being a more caring, compassionate, gentle , tender and understanding person towards a partner. The first person I am to love is myself and this love I radiate to my girlfriend. But if she doesn't feel like loving me back, I have no way to force her to love me. It is possible because of her false beliefs, she is not prepared to reciprocate my love. Then what is the option I have? I have to let her go. I don't feel I can fight for my love because that way I will never have peace. Definitely I am a caring, compassionate, gentle, tender and understanding person and the woman who finds this will love me. If someone doesn't see these qualities in me, I am prepared to let her go.

Good Luck to you all in love,.     
Edited by maha2us - 11 years ago