ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
As a lover of Indian mythology I enjoy watching movies/tv serials depicting this. Although there is not much opportunity in South Africa for such.

I was therefore quite eager when I came across JJJMD and as much as I am mainly restricted to catching the WU's every now and again I will watch a particular episode if the WU engages my imagination.

With this in mind I have to give one major criticism of JJJMD. 

I had really hoped for better special effects/cgi. And it was deeply disappointing to see that it seems to be much of the same old. With all the new technology available surely Indian TV can do a decent job of mythology serials? The scope is so awesome. Pity so little attention is paid to it.

Naturally such factors affects trp's. And I have to wonder how much higher trp's serials like JJJMD and DDKDM would have garnered had the producers spent some money on doing a good job.

PS. The young actress, Ashnoor I believe, is awesome!

Edited by ShaunSA - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aalochak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi ShaunSA

Great to see a fellow-southafrican enjoying mythological series.
I swear I thought I was the only isolated one in this country that's a mytho fan (or even knew of India-forums for that matter). !

Must say this series has pooped after the 3rd episode for me. Its horribly researched and too melodramatic. Lets not even begin to discuss the amateur effects, tacky outfits and extended-child-roles-to-secure-trps ðŸ¤¢
I no longer download the episodes. I rather save my limited Telkom rip-off bandwidth for DKDM

cheers
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I do find the special effects weird on JJMD I swear they press the brightness button too much as sometimes you can't even see the goddess for good while, brahma's disappearing heads and probably more faults.. Worst is that they have stretched things and added too much fiction to it. Puranas contradict each other anyway so why add nonsense to it. Also it's because they add more fiction to it that they have difficulty reverting to the actual events from the Puranas.