Dwelling on the Details: Of Stress and Surprises
February 12th, 2013
What a great episode...wish I had more time to spare! Anyway...another quick list today!
- Yash deliberately avoids Aarti's eyes as he massages her, so she knows he is unhappy about the stunt she pulled today...Even in her pain, she is more concerned about his anger/disappointment in her...Beautiful, beautiful throwback to the Yash-Aarti ointment/balm scene after Aarti walked on the coals at the dargah and rescued Yash from suffocating in the car on that terribly stormy night...
- When she asks him if he is angry at her, he still doesn't say anything. He holds everything in, probably not wanting to rant at her, given her condition, but when she tacks on that "Please?" that always seems to be the key to getting Yash to respond, he lets his concerns out without another moment's hesitation. Love the look on Aarti's face here as she listens to him, knowing that his anger is justified...
- I also love that she doesn't apologize to him, but instead answers him directly with her reasons about why she went to Radha's house. He hears her out and understands her motivations, but that doesn't lessen his frustration and worry regarding her behavior. I like the way Gurmeet emoted during this scene, conveying all of that.
- Tiny detail! When Aarti tries to shift positions on the bed, she cringes and both she and Yash react accordingly. Gurmeet even rests his hand on Kratika's ankle for a bit there, as if Yash is trying to relieve Aarti of her pain and stop her from moving her foot again. Yay for attention to detail! Oh yeah, and there's that split second when his hand is on her leg, too.
- Looking at them now, seeing how honest and open they are with each other, both emotionally and physically, who would say that these are the same people who were reluctant to even speak to each other once upon a time?
- LOL at Aarti's instant, "She said that, too!" and Yash's "Oh, Goddd. She's still thinking and stressing out about that?"
- Almost forgot! Prateek and his beloved Gundi Bhabhi! Two moments of theirs today, even though one was in a flashback! Eeeps, I love this devar-bhabhi jodi! "Yeh kaun hai?!" Haha, Kratika's tone of voice is great! Aah, and the cooking competition moment! I would so love to see a competition in the kitchen between those two!
- Back in their bedroom, Aarti looks around at her surroundings, stopping to gaze and smile at the photograph of her and her Yashji. After being pushed away and alienated because they supported each other when hardly anyone else would, they are back where they belong, as a part of the joint family that they both hold so dear. - I am SO happy to see this room again! It amazes me how much I missed seeing Yash-Aarti in their own bedroom and/or bathroom. So much familiarity...It has been more than a year since the teaser promos were released...more than a year since we first got to see this bedroom and the adjoining bathroom! For me, ever since those promos aired, those rooms became something that I associated with Yash and Aarti. Their bedroom is their haven.
- "Aartiji, aaj main bahut
khush hoon!" - Yash takes Aarti completely by surprise and sweeps her off her feet and into his arms, spinning around and around, while she gasps and holds onto him for dear life...This took me by surprise, too! If Kratika's voice, sounds, and expressions are anything to go by, I think Gurmeet might have gotten a bit too excited and carried away (pun intended!) while spinning!
A very sweet moment, though! And such pretty visuals, even if they were more like a blur of color...Aarti's hair flying out behind her and then falling over her face due to the force of the motion, while Yash is absolutely elated and makes that more than evident with his spontaneity and enthusiastic tone of voice as he talks.
- "Chhole!" - Yash looks so happy! And I like these little details about SP and Yash having the same favorite dish, which Aarti, as a Scindia bahu and as Yash's wife, knows about.
- Yash catches Aarti's hand as she is about to leave, causing her to turn back and fix him with a "Let go, Yashji...Now's not the time" look that lasts for a second as he counters her gaze with a "Nope, I'm not letting you go so quickly..." expression. Love the way Aarti lets out a little laugh and tells Yash to let go, which then prompts him to shake his head and pull her closer so that he can drape his arms over her shoulders, encircling her. The way he does this so casually makes me smile; so does the very brief look of confusion that crosses Aarti's face before she realizes what Yash is up to. Interestingly, I was taken back in my memories to one of the first flashbacks we saw of Yash-Arpita, where Yash was trying to steal a few romantic moments with Arpita...she managed to get away because she had to attend to some food that was being made in the kitchen. As far as I remember, Yash had tried to detain Arpita, but in vain. It is interesting to see a similar sort of situation playing out with Yash and Aarti here, where she knows what he wants and also knows how to get her work done without making him feel like he's being left hanging...And Yash understands all of this, because Aarti takes the time to playfully talk to him about it. Just a moment of me thinking out loud here...
- I think it is so adorable how Aarti tweaks Yash's nose and teases him about his "intentions" before explaining in a playful manner why she should be allowed to leave him now. First, that little action of hers was so unexpectedly cute; second, this is a lovely little reminder of all those days when she ironically thought that her fiancee was a man with...ahem...dishonest intentions...a rather nice way to hint back at those days and see how far they've come in this relationship now; third, Gurmeet's and Kratika's expressions are too cute!
- Yash steps forward again to cup Aarti's face in his hands, just to tell her that she should go and help Gayatri make chhole in the kitchen. I love Aarti's quick "What are you doing?" expression at the beginning of this part, which is followed by a series of equally adorable reactions in response to Yash's words. Even more sweetness in the way both of them say, "Hmm" in a sort of question and answer, with Aarti responding in the affirmative a split second before Yash asks her if she's okay with this change in plans. *sigh* I love their smiles! I feel like I say this every day, but I can't help it!