Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Farah Khan to tie Knot

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 04 November 2004 at 4:32am | IP Logged

WEDDING BELLS:
Farah Khan and fiance Shirish Kunder plan to have a nikaah as well as a Manglorean ceremony on December 8
Farah Khan will tie the knot with fiance editor-director Shirish Kunder on December 8.

Khan will have a registered wedding, a nikah according to Islamic rites as well as a ceremony according to South Indian rites (Kunder is a Mangalorean).

Both met during the making of Main Hoon Naa where Kunder was the editor.

Though she remains tightlipped about her wedding plans, Khan admits, "I will be getting married in December. I have to be present as a judge for Indian Idol (Sony) in the first week of December also. Mom is very excited. She has this huge invitation list which she has been planning for the last 20 years." 

Shirish Kunder
Brother Sajid Khan and friend Sajid Nadiadwala will be hosting the sangeet and reception. "Farah is having everything on the same day because she has no time after this," Nadiadwala jokes. The reception has a guest list of 400.

Nadiadwala, who has known Khan for over 12 year says, "I am very fond of Farah. She first worked in my film Waqt Hamara Hai and now she has done Mujhse Shaadi Karoge.

The "best cherry on the cake," he admits is that today he is producing Kunder's directorial debut starring Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar. Next year, Nadiadwala will celebrate his grandfather, Abdul Karim Nadiadwala's 50 years in the film industry too.

Karan Johar, another close friend of Khan, will write and direct a short skit for the reception. "As soon as I am back in Mumbai, I will put something together.

At the moment, I am trying to write a film," says Johar who is in London. Johar was also supposed to choreograph a show for the event. He laughs, "I promised I would dance at her wedding and also make her friends dance. If I had to choreograph it, the poor groom will vanish."

Adds Khan, "It feels great to celebrate a silver jubilee for my first film. I had always thought it was a film that would do very well. I had a lot of faith in the script… it was too much fun and wasn't a love story which automatically made it different. I am just happy that that I didn't let Shah Rukh down."

KK_lassi Senior Member
KK_lassi
KK_lassi

Posted: 04 November 2004 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Thx Cutereems. Smile
AASHISH_IN Goldie
AASHISH_IN
AASHISH_IN

Posted: 07 November 2004 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Good wishes for Farah Khan & Shirish Kunder for their wedding.Thumbs Up
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth