Ovi-Shruti-Ovi AT:Mod note Pg38&109 - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Excuse me... Miss pari... In wotever way did i bash Ovi? I just stated d fact about d statement that all ppl in their early 20s are like Ovi and ask for y u like her i already do knw that...
And as i said it was a honest mistake...

Ovi looks terrific in traditional Maharashtran styled sarees and sarees like the one above. The PR wardrobe department should really try to enhance her beauty. 

The scene with Arjun-Purvi looks cute too and from the pictures, they look like they could become a terrific couple if Arjun decides to be devoted to Ovi and gets over his ex-lover. 

And as for people in the real life not being like Ovi, there are people in real life who are like Ovi. When we talk about seeing Ovi as a real person and being able to connect with her, we're not talking about one incident like the deal-making incident (which Purvi is equally part of, hence she takes equal blame) we're talking about her reactions, thoughts, and feelings regarding the situations that she's faced with. She behaves in a way that most people would behave. If I was an insecure person like Ovi is in regards to Purvi (which she has every right to be) then I would make my insecurities known and I'd also have low self-esteem. Ovi is hardly appreciated by anyone in her family and doesn't even get any attention or love compared to Purvi and now Teju. Her Mom, whom she found after all these years, sings praises of Purvi, her Dad joins in her Mom in doing so, her Savita Aaji is too busy plotting and planning with Mrs. Kandeshi, Sachin hardly has anything to do, Teju is off being more concerned about a boy she just met rather than being there for her twin, Damo is useless, Sulo Aaji hardly gives a fig about Ovi, Sachin, or Teju being more concerned with her generous beta jaisa damads and her prized nathin Purvi. So basically, Ovi has no one and just when she thinks she has someone who understands her in Onir, she'll be crushed knowing he's just like all the others. 
Edited by salvatore-nina - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Missscarlett

Excuse me... Miss pari... In wotever way did i bash Ovi? I just stated d fact about d statement that all ppl in their early 20s are like Ovi and ask for y u like her i already do knw that...
And as i said it was a honest mistake...

Dear Misscarlett, I never said you bashed Ovi. I wrote in general terms about anyone who may need to attack this AT with bad comments on OVi or ask the members why they like/support the character. AT is not meant for that. It is simply for appreciation as the name suggests. 

I did not take your name nor say anything to you. And yes I do understand your honest mistake and that is no problem to me. 
Edited by pari87 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by salvatore-nina

Ovi looks terrific in traditional Maharashtran styled sarees and sarees like the one above. The PR wardrobe department should really try to enhance her beauty. 

The scene with Arjun-Purvi looks cute too and from the pictures, they look like they could become a terrific couple if Arjun decides to be devoted to Ovi and gets over his ex-lover. 

And as for people in the real life not being like Ovi, there are people in real life who are like Ovi. When we talk about seeing Ovi as a real person and being able to connect with her, we're not talking about one incident like the deal-making incident (which Purvi is equally part of, hence she takes equal blame) we're talking about her reactions, thoughts, and feelings regarding the situations that she's faced with. She behaves in a way that most people would behave. If I was an insecure person like Ovi is in regards to Purvi (which she has every right to be) then I would make my insecurities known and I'd also have low self-esteem. Ovi is hardly appreciated by anyone in her family and doesn't even get any attention or love compared to Purvi and now Teju. Her Mom, whom she found after all these years, sings praises of Purvi, her Dad joins in her Mom in doing so, her Savita Aaji is too busy plotting and planning with Mrs. Kandeshi, Sachin hardly has anything to do, Teju is off being more concerned about a boy she just met rather than being there for her twin, Damo is useless, Sulo Aaji hardly gives a fig about Ovi, Sachin, or Teju being more concerned with her generous beta jaisa damads and her prized nathin Purvi. So basically, Ovi has no one and just when she thinks she has someone who understands her in Onir, she'll be crushed knowing he's just like all the others. 

Nina, wonderful post as always! I plan to write a long post on Ovi wth regards to the same thing. She is a multi-dimensional character with a lot of layers to her. She is like a 3d Rubic like block and that's what makes her so interesting! Her behavior and actions have so many reasons behind them and she still has a ton of strenghts that speak volumes about her. As kools said, one of her main is being transparent. She says what is in her mind and heart. There are no hidden agendas and no mincing words. That is her biggest strenght and IF Arjun is smart enough to see through her tantrums into the wonderful loving wife that she is, he will see that having a wife who has no secrets, no skewed priorities other than him, a wife who speaks her mind openly, a wife who devotes herself to him and only keeps him as the apple of her eye, is a much better life partner to have than his previous potential. I ust hope it is not too late for him to see this and make it work. He is a lucky guy but doesn't know it yet. 

About the picture above, I think it was one of the most genuine scenes between AROVI. Even though he thought about Purvi and her bangles, I excuse him for that because in that moment you could see he really wanted to make it work with Ovi. Her genuine hestitation at him touching her cheek reeked of how her marriage was post 6 months , a distant affair. But she seemed so moved by his show of affection, she dressed up and landed up at Onirs to show her husband how much she loved him for this little kindness. I loved that Arjun complimented her earlier out of his own accord and said she should wear more sarees. Maybe she should follow that route and maybe Arjun will see how beautiful she really is. I think traditional attire is what makes Indian women look beautiful most of the times. Although Indian women can prety much carry off anything, but nothing like the saree and bindi to accentuate the beauty. :) I hope AROVI have many more such romantic scenes. Rithvik is such a good actor, I am sure if his character finally starts loving his wife, AROVI can also have amazing chemistry. :P 

I loved in this same episode, how Onir cleverly deconstructs Ovi's behavior to Arjun and then tells him that "If you had given her attention and love all this while, she would have never turned out this way". Onir the wise one nailed it then and there. 

Originally posted by salvatore-nina

Kalapi I agree with what you said about portraying a gray character. It's almost always easy to play an one dimensional all-good or all-bad character. But Ovi with all her flaws and her insecurities is a character that has more depth than most others in this show. Shruti has really done a great job. Her emotional scenes, the ones where she breaks down and cries are really well done and so far she has been consistently good and getting better. 

So, true Nina, besides she is so young and I believe this is her very first acting job...she will go far, here is is competing with all actors/actresses who has some amount of experience before...with the right coaching and breaks, she really will go far...
I don't believe Manav spoilt her at all . He did a wonderful job of raising her and Teju . She is not the one who got pregnant before marraige nor did she break up any one's engagement nor is she an effortless liar . Her direct honesty ...no mi ncing of words and stating facts as they are without hiding them is called as 'spoilt tantrums .'

I prefer spoilt honest 'tantrums' compared to hidden games anyday .

None of the Manav raised daughters r liars or unwed moms .  Teju is upfront in her own way and so is Ovi ...i have yet to see them lying . They both clearly said they won't accept a gunda as their brother . Teju had her own reasons and Ovi refused to accept him as he pumped 2 bullets in her husband .

They both try to make their marriage work ...Teju is trying hard to impress her bf's mom . She has no ego about her richness or Canadian upbringing . Ovi was very loving to her husband's father and used to even ask his permission before going to maika till he told her she need not do so . 

Both the sisters give their sasural value .  They participate with enthusiasm in all Indian functions .

No , i wouldn't say Manav spoilt them at all . 

Wow amazing post. Thank you Dabulls23 for the post and Afss for the pics. This was long long due. Shruti is an amazing actress and v v beautiful too. She is never appreciated for her work as an actress. Hope Ovi's husband gives her attention which a wife deserves and we get to see her romantic side too. Husband and wife eye locking session. A special mention to pari87, i really like reading all your post. 

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

I don't believe Manav spoilt her at all . He did a wonderful job of raising her and Teju . She is not the one who got pregnant before marraige nor did she break up any one's engagement nor is she an effortless liar . Her direct honesty ...no mi ncing of words and stating facts as they are without hiding them is called as 'spoilt tantrums .'

I prefer spoilt honest 'tantrums' compared to hidden games anyday .

None of the Manav raised daughters r liars or unwed moms .  Teju is upfront in her own way and so is Ovi ...i have yet to see them lying . They both clearly said they won't accept a gunda as their brother . Teju had her own reasons and Ovi refused to accept him as he pumped 2 bullets in her husband .

They both try to make their marriage work ...Teju is trying hard to impress her bf's mom . She has no ego about her richness or Canadian upbringing . Ovi was very loving to her husband's father and used to even ask his permission before going to maika till he told her she need not do so . 

Both the sisters give their sasural value .  They participate with enthusiasm in all Indian functions .

No , i wouldn't say Manav spoilt them at all . 

So well said.

Am just getting back to the forum. Must say, Arjun Ovi does make a cute couple.

Shruti is so beautiful too, with a perfect skin. Her youthful beauty should have men falling all over her and Arjun should be the one jealously guarding his beautiful wife. Can't believe that CVs haven't done justice to this beautiful girl and give her romantic scenes yet. I believe if she gets the chance, her male viewers will fall all over for her.

Also, she is a trained classical dancer, wished the CVs used that too…don't know why the CVs are so very one dimensional….

Thanks so much to everyone who uploaded pics of Shruti, the pics again made me appreciate, how beautiful she is…

Hi Samek! Welcome to the AT :) Thank you for your sweet words! :) I agree, she is a fab actress and this appreciation was long over due!

Kools- excellent excellent points! Loved it!!!