Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Updated my post!!! Thanks again all for support!
pujli07 thumbnail
Shruti is a great actress... Loved her dressing style from her very first episode. she is the best dressed in the show... even some of Jia's outfits are great.
fankn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree Shruthi is doing a fab job...Nice to see an AT dedicated to her...She totally deserves it...
pari87 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ooo! this AT looks great! Thank you Varsha Di and Afss! Superb work and effort! We will help by keeping this AT alive and kicking :P 

I have to admit, I started of absolutely disliking Ovi as a character. Until after the wedding. I felt sorry for her during the whole suicide bit and when Archana was rubbing the wedding in her face without any concern for the daughter and when Arjun unceremoniously ditched her, without so much as an explanation or helping her through the breakup as a friend. However, her being a spoilt selfish brat got to me. 

But post all the Purvi-created mess, Ovi has turned out be like a swan in the show. She has become a victim of her circumstances and the people around her. She is the most real character on the show, some one you are likely to even meet in the real world. I feel sorry for her fate, but I do think that she has grown wonderfully through such a loveless marriage, especially this new change in her is refreshing. She loves her husband and her father more than anyone else and it comes through effortlessly for teh devotion she shows towards the both. That makes her very endearing to me, because she has her priorities straight. 

I might do a long post on Ovi at some point in the forum. :P As of now, I absolutely only look forward to her scenes. I hope Arjun has a turnaround and realizes the gem of a wife he is lucky to have.

Shruti, as the actress is one of most versatily young newbies on TV right now. She is possibly under 20 yrs old, but she emotes so well, that you feel her pain through the scenes. Her anguish, angst, frustration, helplessness, love and despair all come through to you because of her superb acting skills. In fact, she has one of the widest range of emotions to portray in the show compared to other characters. Being a gray, she gets to portray both sides of the compass, positive and negative. She is inherently beautiful and looks gorgeous when they dress her up nicely on the show. As of now she is liek a balm to the cracked show which is losing its charm. She and her character is the one keeping some of us glued :) 
chinyere thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Here is a small interview she gave in between her shoots..

Shruti Kanwar talked to The Pioneer from Mumbai over phone. Excerpts of her chit-chat are following:

Q. When did you decide that you will take up acting as your career?

A. I always dreamt of becoming an actress and decided it when I was in standard three. I am living my dream.

Q. How Pavitra Rishta came your way?

A. After my class 12th boards I took admission in ICE. I gave the audition which was going on from past two months and within two days I got a call from Balaji that I was shortlis ed.

Q. Tell us something about your character?

A. My character's name is Ovi Deshmukh. She is a spoiled and pampered child of Archana and Manav. She is also a fashionista.

Q. Do you identify yourself with your character in the soap?

A. Ya, to some extent Ovi is like Shruti. I too love dresses, make-up and attention.

Q. Who is your role model?

A. Madhuri Dixit. I am a huge fan of her. I adore her a lot and I am a trained classical dancer like her.

Q. The credit of your success goes to whom?

A. I want to give the entire credit of my success to my family. They supported me through thick and thin.

Q. How is your experience of working with senior actors?

A. They are very helpful, especially Hiten Tejwani. He explains me everything before every shot.

WIth all due respect if this actress  clearly said

A. Ya, to some extent Ovi is like Shruti. I too love dresses, make-up and attention.

then she is not challenging herself as an actress with a different personality...she is just playing herself...she is not really getting into character because its part of who she is...how then is  she doing a fabulous job???I am just  responding to what i read and interpretation..
sharinie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@ Chinyere at some extend she is just like Ovi. She likes make up, clothes just like any other young girl. But i don't think that she meen is that the character of Ovi is the same as the actress. I think its very hard to play a roll just like that of Ovi. The emotion are really well done. 
sharinie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Sorry to some extend. And she loves attention thats normal too. So its still a very challiging caracter to play. And Shruti does it really really good.
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think the actress is going a great job. When viewers hate someone with so much passion, then you know that the actress is really doing justice to the character.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: chinyere

WIth all due respect if this actress  clearly said

then she is not challenging herself as an actress with a different personality...she is just playing herself...she is not really getting into character because its part of who she is...how then is  she doing a fabulous job???I am just  responding to what i read and interpretation..

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading..Appreciate your time..
When Shruti mentions abt she sees herself in Ovi to some extent, it is about being fashionable and  her dressing sense plus the attention that goes along with looking beautiful.Mind you she is gorgeous young lady 😃 

As per my initial post and DT rules no bashing or comparison per Devashree_h's instructions regarding this AT. Hope you understand 😳  Have  fantastic day!!
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Afss=Afsara darling 🤗...You did fantastic job in posting ArOvi pictures..They look like a gorgeous couple.  SHruti looks so beautiful.  With Bappa's blessings hope their marriage and their baby remain as family as long as they live..

Thanks to all who are supporting this AT.   I personally appreciate it..

Playing a simple role is much easiar than many shades of grey..Requires versatality IMHO and at young age Shruti is portraying Ovi very well..

Pari I hope to read that long post on Ovi which you will do someday soon 😛 

BTW I am only including member's names to AT who click like button..SO if you want your name to be included pls mention it in your post or click like..Thank you very much.
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago