Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

Close This Thread Please.

lostmymusic. IF-Sizzlerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
It's more like a query. In the preferences section, we have this option that only Buddies can view our scrapbook. I got a few scraps from someone who is not my Buddy so I just got a little worried, can that person see my scraps? Confused

Another thing. Quite a few days ago, I simultaenously got a Buddy request and PM from some member. I declined the request but when I opened the PM, it was CCed to other members as well. Like the bulk PMs we send? So I was thinking, just sending anyone a buddy request to anyone makes them our buddy? And it's not necessary for us to actually accept that request and they just get full access to our profiles like our buddies do? Also, when we delete a buddy from our list, are we automatically deleted from the said buddy's list as well or do we still linger there?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense but this whole Buddy/PM/Scrap system seems a little off to me. If anyone can explain just how much privacy we are getting and how much our say is when interacting others via a PM, I'll be thankful.

Cheers!

Edited by Mais - 13 February 2013 at 11:18am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Saranghae

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Mais, only people in your buddy list can see your scrapbook, however, everyone can still send you scraps.

I'm not sure about the buddy thing though.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lostmymusic.Saranghae

lostmymusic. IF-Sizzlerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Thanks Shreya! I have been confused about this scrap/PM thingy ever since I joined IF LOL
Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Any person can send you scraps, but they can't see your scraps if they are not your buddy and you have set you scrapbook to buddies only.

I actually checked that thing now by sending you a buddy request, hope you don't mind, just delete it. It confirmed what I thought. When someone sends you buddy request, you are in their Pending List. They can't see your scrapbooks. However, when they create new message, in the members selection box, your name will appear. But it's no harm, you actually aren't added to their buddy list unless you accept their request.

And when you delete someone from buddy list, I am positive it gets removed from their list also. But if you wanna double check, accept my request and delete me from your buddy list.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lostmymusic.

lostmymusic. IF-Sizzlerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged
oh yeah! sorry, I deleted your buddy request before seeing this thread. Wow! Thanks a lot! I was actually having a few reservations with the privacy and all...you solved a lot things! :D
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged
You are welcome. Smile

Drop me a buddy request if you wanna be sure of that last thing, although I am sure it works as stated.
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged
So, I accepted and deleted you, now check whether I am still there, though I doubt that.
lostmymusic. IF-Sizzlerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
no, you aren't there.

Okay then! Crisis Averted! Cool

Please close this topic.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top