Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

BaraniK

Goldie

BaraniK

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Ganesh N Karthikeyan Have Magical Powers.Then Why Ashok Sundari Don't Have Magical Powers.Pls Any One Can Clarify My Doubt .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rajshrip

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I Have A Doubt" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sandytatsme

IF-Dazzler

Sandytatsme

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Ashok Sudari's story is not a very popular one unlike Ganesh and Karthikeya. She is not prayed to like G and K either. Don't know much about her. 

anu93

IF-Sizzlerz

anu93

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:37am | IP Logged
I think bcoz Ashoksundari was not created by Parvati...Parvati created just a idol of mud and Kalpavriksh gave her life...
But  Ganesh was created by Parvati herself as Ganesh's idol was made from haldi applied on Parvati's body so It had powers of Adishakti and Parvati gave him life too...

Kartikeya as we know was created by union of powers of  Mahadev and Parvati

Thats my logicWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Moharika_FanBaraniK

BaraniK

Goldie

BaraniK

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu93

I think bcoz Ashoksundari was not created by Parvati...Parvati created just a idol of mud and Kalpavriksh gave her life...
But  Ganesh was created by Parvati herself as Ganesh's idol was made from haldi applied on Parvati's body so It had powers of Adishakti and Parvati gave him life too...

Kartikeya as we know was created by union of powers of  Mahadev and Parvati

Thats my logicWink

I Agree With U R Logic.

anu93

kuthisonam

kuthisonam

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Ashok Sundari does have powers as she was shown traveling on more than one occassion she appeared somewhere out of thin air like her parents. And she obviously didn't walk to rishi Vashishts ashram to see Nahush!

chocolate_boy

IF-Rockerz

chocolate_boy

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Ashok Sundari is prayed in Gujarat, as I have read, though I dont know much about it.

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolate_boy

Ashok Sundari is prayed in Gujarat, as I have read, though I dont know much about it.
She is not prayed in Gujarat as AS. Infact no one knows her as AS in Gujarat. The version known there is Parvati's daughter was hiding behind a sack of salt when Ganesh was stopping Shivji from entering the bhavan, she was scared. He was guarding the door. When Parvati saw Ganesh's head cut, she saw her daughter hiding behind the sack of salt, got angry. She expected her to tell her father that Ganesh is her brother. Parvati cursed her to be born as an Asura. Her daughter melted at that time in sack of salt. She was born as Banasur's daughter Okha, who married to Anirudhha in Dwapar Yuga.
So according to this version, Parvati's daughter doesn't marry anyone in that birth.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chocolate_boyProud-India

desir

IF-Dazzler

desir

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Ashok Sundari's description in Hindu Book ''Kartik Mahatam'' though i don't know much but she is mentioned in there fully

Proud-India

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.