Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Sati Pratha

HaremSultan IF-Rockerz
HaremSultan
HaremSultan

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
i have an idea in mind for cvs.i want cvs to show anusuya committing sati(acc to a story),then mahadeva bashing this tradition and parvati regretting her decision.in this way dkdm will do another social work of bashing sati pratha.Big smile

howz my idea?Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rsshree

Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
great one
what was anusua's story??
HaremSultan IF-Rockerz
HaremSultan
HaremSultan

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kadamvari

great one
what was anusua's story??

i read somewhere that she committed sati.rest i don't remember.Ouch
Shakti_Shiva Groupbie
Shakti_Shiva
Shakti_Shiva

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:24pm | IP Logged

I sincerely hope not. It took almost 100 years for India to get rid of Sati. It is misconstruded, heineous crime in the name of satitva. The story you wrote is in totally different context and I shudder the day they show sati.Ouch

I have witnessed the after math of sati and what it does to a girl and her family. I wake up at night shivering and thank the lord for giving me a life .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali

mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Sati pratha is not used now, so there is no pt. getting involved in this. Daksh's daughter Sati's case was different, she did that through her Yogagni., when she couldn't bear insult of Shivji & her time to live as Daksh's daughter was over, as per her boon, the moment Daksh insults her husband she'll leave him & go.
How many of the ladies can leave their body, by burning in their Yogagni ? Infact None. So comparing that Sati with Sati pratha is absolutely wrong.

Edited by mnx12 - 12 February 2013 at 1:36am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Shakti_ShivavaraaliIntrepidaHaremSultan

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lucykaede

i have an idea in mind for cvs.i want cvs to show anusuya committing sati(acc to a story),then mahadeva bashing this tradition and parvati regretting her decision.in this way dkdm will do another social work of bashing sati pratha.Big smile

howz my idea?Wink

Widows having to commit Sati has, thankfully, been relegated to history pages. Certainly there's no need to bring focus to this non-issue when there are other, more relevant issues that can be highlighted, e.g- society's parochial attitude towards women.

As regards Anusuya...I am not aware of any story where she was forced to commit Sati. Her husband Rishi Atri was one of the Saptarishis. Did he ever die a human death ? 

Certainly, she is regarded as a MahaSati- meaning -the foremost among pativrata women. She was the devoted and dedicated wife of Maharishi Atri - who according to legends was a difficult person to live with. 

Her chastity helped her pass the test put by the Trinity Gods who asked her to serve them food without any clothes on her body. She sprinkled some water on them and summoning her powers of chastity, turned the three most powerful Gods into helpless human babes who were now at her mercy.

She is considered the mother of Lord Dattatreya and Rishis Durvasa and Patanjali.

She is considered the embodiment of chastity- hence she is referred to as Maha Sati. That doesn't mean she shed her body on her husband's funeral pyre.

But perhaps there is an obscure legend somewhere, which I am not aware of, wherein Rishi Atri is presumably dead and Anusuya unhesitatingly climbs on his pyre,. only to be rescued at the last moment. Is there such a  story hidden in some  local legend?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Shakti_ShivaDialamnx12deboleena.mannaProud-India

HaremSultan IF-Rockerz
HaremSultan
HaremSultan

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:37am | IP Logged
i was just giving an idea guys.

@mnx there was a movie on anusuya committing sati.maybe she was a diff sati whom i seriously misunderstood.sry...

but i thought it was a diff concept but i agree,why to touch the topic which has already closed now.

Edited by lucykaede - 12 February 2013 at 1:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12Proud-India

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
And if you ask me, Ramayan serials should stop showing Sita Mata's so-called "Agni Pareeksha". That's just as bad. 

Edited by varaali - 13 February 2013 at 11:37pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arijit007Proud-India

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index