Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Mahabharata in PV Today

aimf Goldie
aimf
aimf

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Mahabharata in PV Today and Other Observations
There is a abiding presence of Mahabharata in the plot-lines of PV. Is it not interesting to note the following?

1. Karana's mother's name was also Radha. That is why Karan is also called Radheya, son of Radha.

2. Like Karana, Akash is raised in humble circumstances, and like Karana, chafes from a sense of lack and abandonment. Karana to overcome his abandonment, develops a coping mechanism of being a charitable, giving person. He cannot see anyone suffer. Akash also tells Ansh that he cannot bear to see anyone crying.

3. After she discovers that Karana has joined hands with Duryodhana, and is waging war over the Pandavas, Kunti, Karana's real mother, approaches Karana privately and begs him to spare the life of Arjuna, with whom Karana is equally matched in archery. Karana says that she has always said that she is the mother of five sons, and she will continue to be the mother of five sons even after the battle of Kurukshetra. In other words, Karana implies that either he will die in battle or he will kill Arjuna. Today Gayatri approaches Akash secretly and begs him to spare her family and leave them in peace. Interestingly she is the one to declare that SP has three sons, perhaps suggestive of a future where either Akash will meet with same fate as Prashant, or Yash will leave SM with his family.

A Few Other Observations

1. The chocolate scene was nice, but as others have said, felt a bit contrived. Why could not the CVs have enacted this scene on the balcony, where Arya could have had their privacy, and Ishita could also have spied on them. What happened to the subtle shades of voyeurism that the CVs effortlessly brought out with Prashant? I hope they replicate that in Ishita's case. But then again, as Jyo pointed out, we would not have had an Arpita-esque persona foreshadowing the happiness of Arya.

2. The precap has a blooper (it is the same blooper that has happened before, which I had pointed out previously also). When Arati breaks into the house, she has no nail-polish on; when she looks through the documents, she has no nail-polish on; but when she accidentally knocks off the Durga Ma mandir, and flips through Yash's photos, bingo, suddenly there is the strawberry colored nail-polish on her all her fingers. Perhaps she thought to herself: "Enough of this jasoosi business. I have worked hard all morning and not found anything of interest except this bottle of nail polish. All that running, jumping, and breaking into houses is hard. Therefore, I am going to take a break, relax and paint my nails. I cannot think properly with unpainted nails...(after she paints her nails)...Aaah this is more like it. Jai Ma Durge.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

ponmathiyaguSunrio80nuresmeraldaApplefsara1990nirmalac99pvejaniangakeaanyakunat..Mini..akui1984nusratjahan505jyoti06ilovepyaarmaha9Surish

akui1984 IF-Rockerz
akui1984
akui1984

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Hi Amif, amazing post!

1. Is Mahabharata like another Hindi serial?

2. Me too felt that the chocolate scene was not natural but Yash and Aarti were just adorable!!

3. Great explanation for the blooper...LOL Though in all honesty, I did not even notice the case of appearing and disappearing nail polish!! You people are too observant!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aimf

aimf Goldie
aimf
aimf

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the nice response, akui. Mahabharata is an ancient Indian epic. You can search it on the Internet to get the plot. It tells the story of a family divided by greed and other archetypical negative qualities. It has also been serialized on TV.

akui1984

nuresmeralda Goldie
nuresmeralda
nuresmeralda

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
amazing post!!
wow!!you're good at observation...

aimf

maha9 IF-Sizzlerz
maha9
maha9

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 7:54am | IP Logged
well sadi dear
aimf Goldie
aimf
aimf

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Thank you, all for liking and responding to this post.
jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Aimf thanks a lot for putting it in main forum Hug... lovely parallel drawn between this current track of Radha and the Mahabharat story ... I always felt this track is inspired from Karan story of Mahabharat and only time will tell who is the real Karan here ... Akash or Yash ... but it will b interesting to see how the relationship dynamics will change from here once all the mystry is out Approve...

Agree about the chocolate scene ... mayb the whole public thing was to get into Ishita's notice but the best part was Yash-Aarti both were adorable EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

aimf

aimf Goldie
aimf
aimf

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Thanks, Jyo, for your words of encouragement.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index