- "Bas, Yashji!" - Aarti strides over and turns Yash around to face her with such force...That's what "haq jataana" is, in a moment, right there. Asserting that she has the right to do such a thing now, and tell him to come and sleep, even though she knows how troubled he is...
- "Mujhe neend nahi aayegi..." - And then there is a glimmer of concern in Aarti's eyes before she wills herself to be more strong in her conviction so that Yash will comply and relax...Seeing that quick shift in Kratika's eyes is amazing! Aarti's demeanor is assertive but gentle, and I love that!
- It's SO beautiful how Yash's expression changes as Aarti strokes his hair! First he is visibly stricken with worry from those thoughts and stress that have been tormenting him all day...Then as Aarti runs her fingers across his hair, he loosens up and smiles softly...And with that smile extending from his lips to his eyes, he instinctively turns his head in her lap to look up at her. Aaah, love Gurmeet's soft smile!
- The camera catches everything so naturally, almost like we're seeing Aarti from Yash's perspective slightly...Love the part where Yash reaches for Aarti's hand as his eyes start to get heavy with sleep...He wraps his fingers around her hand for a moment and then lets go, which gives her more liberty to massage his head...Yash has Aarti's support and once again, we see him finding solace because of her presence, her words, her touch. Think of that day when he was a tortured soul blaming himself for being a "bad" son, brother, and father (and husband)...Gayatri was there for Yash then...Aarti is here for Yash now...
- LOVE how the camera tilts smoothly to show Aarti rubbing Yash's head near his temple and the way he responds to her touch - shifting his position, snuggling closer, resting his cheek more comfortably on her lap...Aarti's answering smile is so, so, so sweet!
- "Abhi matlab abhi. Now!" - I freaking love the director and cameraman! The capturing of all these tiny nuances - especially now that Ishita is around and somehow has to feel envious of Yash-Aarti's closeness (she has no idea...no idea how much these two have been through to GET to this point!) - is so well done! Aarti holding Yash's hands in a desperate display of how much she is craving chocolate...LOL! Aww!
- And then Yash extricates his hands and leans against the car, trying to explain, only to have Aarti grab them again! "Nahi, Yashji...Mujhe chocolate abhi chahiye, toh abhi chahiye, toh abhi chahiye, toh abhi chahiye!"
Gaaah, Kratika gets full marks for making Aarti sound like the most adorable petulant pregnant woman ever! She sounds just like a little child! So cute!
- "Nahi, Aartiji, main chocolate abhi
kahan se -?" - Haha, Gurmeet's transitioning expressions throughout this entire portion that follows! Awww, haha! Gotta love Yash and his teasing! That eyebrow raise that Gurmeet does, the way Kratika's face lights up in response...and the way she comes over and snatches
the chocolate bar from his hands...
Sooo cute! But it doesn't end here!
- "Thank you, Yashji!" - Aww, the way she says this reminds me of that day when she wished Yash good morning ever so sweetly (the "suhaana mausam" day, remember?
). She is such a sweet childlike angel sometimes! Yash receives her hug happily, nodding a little to himself as if to say, "You're welcome...I knew you'd want it..."
- Okay, can I just say that both Gurmeet and Kratika look super attractive with messy hair like this? There's that one second when Aarti pulls out of the hug, smiling...and then later, when Aarti turns away from Yash (Kratika turns toward the camera with a smile) and her hair is all messy...She looks so pretty! To make things even more adorable, there's a slight bounce in Aarti's step when she pulls out of the hug before telling Yash that she was joking around with him; his "Yeah, yeah, I know..." nod is hilarious, too!
That chocolate made her so happy that she all but ran off in the direction of the house as Yash was leaving!
She bounded off and then slowed down after a little while, haha! Too cute, these two!
- "Jaldi aa jaayiyega, haan?" - Just...AWWW!
Absolutely ADORE the nuances captured in the multiple profile shots of Gurmeet and Kratika as Yash caresses Aarti's cheek and strokes her hair with his hand! And then she brings her hand up to wrap it around his wrist, smiling at him happily...*sigh* So much love in the way he is looking at her!
- One more thing...I love that as soon as Yash feels Aarti's hand on his shoulder, he turns...and once he sees her, his entire focus shifts to her, just like her focus is entirely on him. They are oblivious to the things happening around them, because their world consists of the two of them and their children...In addition to being a nice throwback to the day Yash pouted and grumbled about Aarti loving the children more than him and then ended up becoming a statue because of his wife, this also reminded me of that math problem scene from way back when...