Crime patrol: Dastak

Feb 8 & Feb 9 episodes discussion

madhoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

So both Friday and Saturday's episodes (Feb 8 & Feb 9 – continued to Feb 10) were related.  Both were crime against senior citizens for a better life.  It made me wonder about few things:

Is it wrong to dream about a better life?  And even better and more important question: what exactly is a "better life"?  As a human, will we ever be happy and satisfied with our current life style or would we always starve for more?  The answer is, most of us will always want more, but how many of us see the border line that says "don't cross this line to achieve your dreams."  That border line I'm referring to is the one that says "if you cross this line, you're committing a crime."

Honestly speaking, I don't even know if I'm upset with the ladies who committed the crime to have a better life.  Don't get me wrong, yes what they did was absolutely wrong and should be punished for their crime, but my concern is how does government in India prevent from this happening again?  Catching a culprit and giving him/her a sentence is not good enough – there has be another way to ensure that this does not happen to another citizen. 

Please share your thoughts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Its not wrong to think about having a better life but going crazy and doing something bad is wrong. You so rightly said that we humans will never be happy with anything. That lady didn't appreciate what she had. She had a loving family but she just was thirsty for money. I don't feel sorry for her. She got what she deserved.

I do feel angry for the fact that her husband baiked her out. She didn't even think about her son. She was selfish and mean. I agree that she was poor but she had a roof over her head food to eat some people don't even have that.

She was blinded by "better life" so much that she lost it all.
madhoo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Ritu567-

Its not wrong to think about having a better life but going crazy and doing something bad is wrong. You so rightly said that we humans will never be happy with anything. That lady didn't appreciate what she had. She had a loving family but she just was thirsty for money. I don't feel sorry for her. She got what she deserved.

I do feel angry for the fact that her husband baiked her out. She didn't even think about her son. She was selfish and mean. I agree that she was poor but she had a roof over her head food to eat some people don't even have that.

She was blinded by "better life" so much that she lost it all.

@ bold: unfortunately, that's the case with most of us - we don't appreciate what we have until we loose it 😭

On another note, I did hated the fact that her greed for money was so much that she even left her kid for it.  I was shocked at that point - I mean she was willing to leave her kid for a "better life"?!!! 😲 And the poor kid was missing his mom so much!!!
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Good that the truth came out. Otherwise her husband would have languished in jail for years for a crime he did not commit.

Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Economics law applies everywhere: Unlimited Human Wants...
I was totally shocked to know that she chose such a way to get her so called love. She could have ran away with that man..what was the need to kill an  innocent old lady...?? And, poor husband and her in-laws had to spent months in jail.

To my surprise, he was the one who filed her bail application and accepted her...She didnt deserve that for sure...
madhoo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kriya...arja

Economics law applies everywhere: Unlimited Human Wants...
I was totally shocked to know that she chose such a way to get her so called love. She could have ran away with that man..what was the need to kill an  innocent old lady...?? And, poor husband and her in-laws had to spent months in jail.

To my surprise, he was the one who filed her bail application and accepted her...She didnt deserve that for sure...

I agree.
Even I was shocked when Anup said her bail application was submitted by her own husband and she's currently living with her husband and in-laws.  Do such people deserve a second chance?
I mean yes if you're sorry for what you did and you hold responsibility for your actions, then you should be given a second chance, but in this case... I dont know.
charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
How could anyone kill someone for better life? It is so disgusting
iIf she was so frustrated she should have simply ran away with the person.Why she has to kill the poor old lady.. Whatever it is her life cannot become normal now. Even she gets lots of money she can't be happy after killing a person.

It is very difficult to secure senior citizen. There should be awareness programmes held sepcially for senior citizens on Crimes...so they can secure themselves. They can be given some emergency alarms like click of a switch which when used should alert the nearest police stations(Similar to nurse call systems in hospitals which shows the nurse from which room the call is coming) ..They can use in case of any sense of any danger...
madhoo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: charu_81

iIf she was so frustrated she should have simply ran away with the person.Why she has to kill the poor old lady.. Whatever it is her life cannot become normal now. Even she gets lots of money she can't be happy after killing a person.

It is very difficult to secure senior citizen. There should be awareness programmes held sepcially for senior citizens on Crimes...so they can secure themselves. They can be given some emergency alarms like click of a switch which when used should alert the nearest police stations(Similar to nurse call systems in hospitals which shows the nurse from which room the call is coming) ..They can use in case of any sense of any danger...

I know!!  I was so sad for both old ladies; especially for the lady shown on Feb 9 & 10th episode.  Poor lady, she never talked to anyone, never said anything, she would just mind her own business and this is what she got in return.  Oh poor lady.  May her soul RIP.

I like your idea about a switch but even if Indian government provide such instrument, would the police work quickly enough to save that senior?  I doubt it!!!  But then again, I would love to see Indian government and police to proove me wrong.
Muskaan92 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: madhoo

I agree.
Even I was shocked when Anup said her bail application was submitted by her own husband and she's currently living with her husband and in-laws.  Do such people deserve a second chance?
I mean yes if you're sorry for what you did and you hold responsibility for your actions, then you should be given a second chance, but in this case... I dont know.

So true.. The woman didnt even cared for her son...How can a mother run away to get a luxurious life like this..?? That woman deserves life time imprisonment.
Muskaan92 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: charu_81

Absolutely...Her intention was to trap her husband and Father-inlaw as she thought they didnt give her a good life. Poor old lady who was happy in her life lost her life.

That babu mahiyar didnt seem to be a nice man. Becasue, a gentle man will not call a stranger woman at night time...I think he just wanted to use her. may be they didnt show this.
Edited by kriya...arja - 11 years ago