Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Mohabbateinn

IF-Sizzlerz

Mohabbateinn

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
I agree with u guys... its pathetic to see the stereotypes being promoted in this show... millions of people follow this show worldwide..and America is being shown in a negative light .. and as if it deprives n neglects its immigrants.

In contrast, America has far better laws, and human rights for its people in comparison to INDIA's legal system and its many flaws. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jleavesandwavesSuchi-koolsadhu1000

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "So Unreal (Page 3)" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pesi11

IF-Rockerz

pesi11

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 7:56am | IP Logged
US is 10000 steps ahead when treating an employee compared to india.

in india they show authority on lower level employees.
i just like the way how US ppl behave at office..
I am on US side for this...coz reality is something that we should agree

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jkoolsadhu1000Suchi-

BHAVII

IF-Stunnerz

BHAVII

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged
To add Jay had to go through all due to his own stupidity. He was here legally. Why did he not report the lost of his documents/bag? 
The immigration people here would have helped him out with new papers at no hassle and he would not have gone through all this. 
Its pathetic the way they are portraying this country especially when the human rights are far better than that to India

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jleavesandwavesSuchi-KhatamKahaniThe_May_Rosekoolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 15 February 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Want to say something about New York if anyone is reading us

America can be safely described as New York and the rest of America

It is very like Mumbai in the sense that it is super crowded for parking, replete with hotels of all kinds of cuisine , even food stands on the side walk , cabs can be halted on the roads  and has subways ...underground trains .

Life in New York is way different than life in the mid west or east coast

so it is very unbelievable when they show Jai getting no 'indian ness' in America .

It appears from the serial that cultureless countries r good only  for earning bucks ...good , cultured indians must only use them as platforms to earn a quick buck and quickly run away to their wonderful homeland , brimming with culture and sanskaars . If they r that bad why go there to earn money , is it worth it was my puzzled question , then i came up with this explanation .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suchi-

Suchi-

IF-Sizzlerz

Suchi-

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged
I guess I was right in  choosing to NOT see the show after seeing one of the scenes where Jay was manhandled by the Immigration.

I was like WAH? here?
lol

CVs.. if you really want to show the difference between East and West then.. there are points you can bring up...

Parental Control for one thing is a little vague here. But then again it depends on the family and how they raise their kid.

Yes one thing they can definitely focus is the lack of help. In India, no matter how the family members are, at some point you do get help. You have servants and even if you do not have servants , family members help you out during sticky situations (most of hte time)

LIke a girl when she is pregnant, she can easily find help of her mom, in laws, sisters in India. Here if they are not around it can get hectic for her. THen the child bearing, and the first year of the child can be hectic.

Things like enjoying festivals with family in India can be focused. How people in NY have no time to stand and smell roses but in India its possible. That can be shown.

At the same time why show America in a bad light when that is where you are going to earn your food from? and not only that you are going to feed your family from the money you earn here.

So jis thali main khaya usi main chedh kiyun kerna. 

Yes the girls here are not like girls in India (30 years ago) but now I am thinking girls here are bit better than from India unless they are from village or something. I don't know I have not been to India for 13 years now.

I personally would not want to go back..plainly because life in India is tough. Work, life everything is hard. 

And once you get the taste of life here, rarely does it happen that one wants to go back. Perhaps for vacation may be. thats all really. 

koolsadhu1000

Sunna_Deewani

IF-Stunnerz

Sunna_Deewani

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
I completely agree. Serial ppl always play on set cliches like foreign ppl have no sentimentsLOL as if they are not human beings but machinesOuch. I have never lived long in any foreign country but i'm pretty much sure human beings are basically the same everywhere, all have heart, morals, sentiments. The way show it could be different. When will this TV shows portray things atleast close to what they areConfused.

But from the promo or even the basic storyline itself, i could easily imagine what America they will portray, so i'm not surprised at all.

koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:41am | IP Logged
The problem is times have changed ...i could understand folks doing that in the seventies coz going to a foreign land was a rare thing ...now after the computer boom and their off shore recruitment policies and all information available on internet this ghisa pita stereotype must go . Back then people had no information , now they do ! Why should they be painted as heartless , mercenary machines and us as sanskaari ...why should false information be fed to the indians who have not stirred out of India ?  Rather why not educate them on what we could learn from them ...their professionalism , their kindness to animals , their valuing of a human life ? I can point out multitudes of faulty characteristics of fellow indians too ! 

Bhumi is hardly a westernised girl ...she would have moved out and lived in her own apartment if she was ...and mithais are available in indian grocery stores ...chocolates r not the only things eaten as meetha . Infact New Jersey has the best indian grocery stores ...whenever i visit the New York New Jersey side , i still shop there .

Sunna_Deewani

Shehreen_27

IF-Dazzler

Shehreen_27

Posted: 18 February 2013 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Lets just take it as a show! Though i do prefer watching things close to real life rather than something which is unreal and fake but again its just a show so lets give it another chance

SuShaanRocks

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.