Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

-Manita-

IF-Rockerz

-Manita-

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:44am | IP Logged
I agree to all the posts above as the portrayal of anti - America point is going Over the Board !!

Not only in America, but even in India, the MultiNational Companies ( MNCs ) have the same decorum and culture maintained and even if they have to scold you, they call emplyees to the HR office and highlight what they appreciate about you and then tag along - "but...this was not acceptable, kindly refrain from doing it further..." All this happens with respect and discretion.

On the other hand, When America has temples made for praying then how come Krishna ji inside the closet is justified in a palatial house, beats me.

Similarly, how is India glorified, when in the same show, a son cheats his mother for money and mill, daughter in law exchanges gold jewellery for fake one, principled / cultured head of the family is happy promoting dowry and now we hear that an attempt to rape is on the cards...

Obviously, every country has it's positives and negatives. This OTT portrayal takes me to 90s when such movies like Pardes were famously glorifying East Vs West  ! The concept is out-of-date currently.

PS - It was me who defended the fiction in tv shows but I guess I was completely misunderstood. I  don't remember writing that anything goes in the name of fiction.

My point was that when we write fiction, we mainly talk about One character's experiences. We sometimes make the lead vulnerable at places for the sympathy of audience...So it's okay to show Jai's initial struggle in America. It was not totally unjustified if he met with an incident on airport and was harrassed on security concerns ( ShahRukh had to face it himself, so who is Jai ?) I am fine with subtle creative liberties.
Being a writer myself, I research extensively before committing to anything in any story, and am okay to include some hiccups in the character's experiences even if it is one rare incident in the world ( so it isn't impossible, right ?) It is okay when talking about Jai...it doesn't have to mean that a city or country is bad... but the show has gone ahead of that ...

After his experience at airport and then Police station, it has gone ahead of 'his personal experiences' and now it is -- "We Indians"...and... "These goras"... totally out of line...

Edited by -Manita- - 12 February 2013 at 4:15am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Rash.kapjshree_ramk.krithikajaisyjazzpoo_j-Ray-DiehardYMfanleavesandwavesSuchi-The_May_Rosekoolsadhu1000BHAVII

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "So Unreal (Page 2)" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jaisyjazz

Goldie

jaisyjazz

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:52am | IP Logged
i completely agree with simi, manita, may and all others here

i think we should convey our thoughts or views to the CVs or SWJ but how?

agar aisa hi chalta raha toh koi audience nahi dekhega leading to close the show 

if we want to save this show then we have to send these all msgs to SWJ 

anybody know how to do it? ya toh any link to get connect with the CVs

plz do it as fast as possible 

Edited by jaisyjazz - 12 February 2013 at 1:48am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_j-Manita-DiehardYMfanleavesandwavesThe_May_Rosekoolsadhu1000BHAVII

DiehardYMfan

IF-Rockerz

DiehardYMfan

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

I am quite sure none of the CVs writing about America have ever lived here

They r just pandering to the ego of viewers watching this serial who have never been out of India , will perhaps never be out of India and like to sit and see their country glorified thus .

Americans r good , peace loving people . The way they r shown is apalling . Social evils exist in both societies . Suggesting that all of them exist only in America and it is a cultureless society and that they should learn values and love only from the Indians is pretty arrogant .

I have not read the interview . But all i know is that when i was in India i took culture pretty much for granted and am serious about it ever since i settled here . Indians come together and celebrate every festival and cultural tradition and Americans who participate appreciate it and respect it ...their tolerance for other cultures is commendable and we could learn something from them as there r so many communal fights in our own country . 

With due respect to all the members and the cvs,I would like to say that US is a lot betterthan India.What happens in India is only rape,murders,thievery in the name of traditions.I stay in this country and honestly I dont wish to speak bad of my country.But I dont want to live in an utopian world either.I am ashamed to say this is the truth of my country.Anyone can deem me anti-national but trust me it pains a lot to spak bad of your own country.But I am only saying what am seeing.Infants aged 4 months are being raped,women aged 99 years are being raped,a 23 year old woman is brutally tortured.Surely this is a very value based societyAngry
on the other hand I think there are bad elements in the western society too.But disrespecting a nation and promoting racism asGori chamdi ke log is not very traditional either.
And disrespecting the nation is very anti national.At such a time when India itself is going through crisis shows shall be made which can help us rectify our own mistakes and not run negative propaganda about other countries.
In the show itself they are showing dowry and attempt to rape in a very traditional family.So is this what you call tradition.If that is so better be off with western values than with such harmful traditions...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ray-poo_j-Manita-leavesandwavesThe_May_Rosekoolsadhu1000BHAVII

poo_j

IF-Dazzler

poo_j

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Agree with all!!! Seems like the show is showing worst!!! They go and shoot there and show that country in poor lights which is far from truth!!!Ouch Imagine if some other foreigners come to India and shoot and say bad things about our country then there will be a huge cry and debate in the media!!!

Edited by poo_j - 12 February 2013 at 4:34am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ray-DiehardYMfanleavesandwaveskoolsadhu1000BHAVII

DiehardYMfan

IF-Rockerz

DiehardYMfan

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poo_j

Agree with all!!! Seems like the show is showing worst!!! They go and shoot there and show  that country in poor lights which is far from truth!!!Ouch Imagine if some other foreigners come to India and shoot and say bad things about our country then their will be a huge cry and debate in the media!!!
not only is the show showing worst but it is also getting worse by the day!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jleavesandwaveskoolsadhu1000BHAVII

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Nani's comments are outright racist

Take yesterday's episode for example

Who will take Kishen in if not us as he is one of us ...these gore log ? She asks her daughter

Now i would like to ask ...why not ? In the US , Americans hitch up with anybody when they want to share the expenses of an apartment ...caucasians , chinese , mexicans , african americans ...anyone . They share dorms with students of any nationality in university so why these sort of hurtful racist comments ?

And let us not forget that our country has a reputation for rejecting girls in the marraige market becuase they are not fair or 'gori' . To address this social evil , serials r being made nowadays giving the message that dark skin can be beautiful too .

So why address the color of their skin? Is not denouncing an entire race as cultureless and unfeeling and constantly referring to the color of their skin racist ?

I agree with the member who pointed out that there would be a huge hue and cry if the Americans had shot parts of their serial in our country and constantly referred to us as 'kaale log' and discriminated against us in their serial .

I agree that what is being shown is that this is Jai's story . That he has come to the US  to earn money for some financial difficulties that his family is facing and that this is the story of his struggle here ...that the point of the serial is that life in the US is not easy . But cannot this be shown without blatant racism ?

I liked the scene where Jai gives Bhumi a ride in a rick in Central Park . I also appreciated the emotional blackmail tactics of Nani to get Jai to stay in the same house ...the serial showed that if the daughter is headstrong , her mother is equally obstinate ...it was a humorous angle and i understand that

but the comments on 'gore log' must stop .

Would like to point out that the US  is one of the countries that is ISKON's stronghold ...ISKON advocates Krishna worship . Krishna temples with lovely properties and peacocks are in abundance here ...so why keep Krishna in a closet and blame it so unfairly on them ?

The CVs visit the forum for feedback ...so i suggest that keep this thread alive and comment here whenever an episode shows this kind of racism .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 February 2013 at 8:48am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jPoseidonDiehardYMfanleavesandwavesSuchi-BHAVII

jaisyjazz

Goldie

jaisyjazz

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
we should give them the link of all the thread of discussions like this 
then they will get to know about it 

plzzz sab koi SWJ ko connect karne ke liye kuch karo
there should be some way 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jleavesandwavesDiehardYMfankoolsadhu1000BHAVII

leavesandwaves

IF-Rockerz

leavesandwaves

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
I am also finding some aspects tasteless. The hero cant earn in his own sanskari state or country and has to go to US to earn. And the son is burdened to earn to give dowry. And ultimately the US girl will be humiliated and the Indian girl will be glorified.

The reality is that gujjus adjust so well in America and they are not like what is shown. They may worship their Krishna but they also respect and are friendly with others.

And the shining example is so many hindu temples and the latest swami narayan temple in LA.

And the unhealthy food habits of heavy paranthas  with lots of butter is glorified.

American Indians drive their own vehicles and not depend on taxis for everyday office going.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_jkoolsadhu1000

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.